• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder that myself sometimes. "I'll play this someday!" but I never do.

going to make a fake game trademark called Creed: Ronan The Assassin and imagine you going:

giphy.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The world is very large, it took me several hours to reach from the southernmost tip to as far north as I appeared I could go. The survival elements give you some idle activity to do as you look around for the meat and potatoes of the game - the notes left behind by the characters involved in the drama that unfolded. It isn't very deep with the mechanics, so you'll have to settle for fishing while you mull over the latest batch of story you came across.

EDIT: I should also mention that the game does not have a definitive "end" as the developer plans to add more notes over time, should the game do well. Your reward is the texts.

Sounds good. Cheers.

AHA-Lambda

All the webms have gotten me way interested, after being the opposite before...

Similar here, I tried it at an expo last year and certainly didn't see anything wrong with it that deserved the bad press. Totalbiscuit had a video on it as well that reinforced that to me, looks like a solid (if Immature) action game.

Ozium

Similar here, I tried it at an expo last year and certainly didn't see anything wrong with it that deserved the bad press. Totalbiscuit had a video on it as well that reinforced that to me, looks like a solid (if Immature) action game.

I thought I remember ConsoleGAF shitting on it... though maybe they were shitting on it because reviews were shitting on it...

wilflare

I signed up at Who's Gaming Now.
I used a Saoirse pic... I felt bad.. like I was stealing JaseC identity.

Asia GAF has weird timings

Wok

That looks pretty nice, and it's releasing next week, too! Gonna wishlist it for now and check it out later.

I am wary about indie games which look nice in the trailer: unless there are some big names in the indie team, it is unlikely the game would look that good in real time. Think of Miasmata or Dream for instance.

Nice song, what is it? Game looks cool, wishlisted it too. How's the necrodancers own soundtrack?

the first song is Dreaming by Smallpools and the second one is a Pumped Up Kicks remake by Watsky! The games soundtrack is really good too! I just wanted to test the custom MP3 stuff!

Nice! The weather here is pretty good right now, too. Hasn't been too hot or anything. If you're thinking of doing anything else, canoeing down by one of the national parks is pretty fun. Just a few hours (2-4) drive away.

that sounds cool! I shall look up all the stuff I am going to be doing near the time. I normally just turn up and wing it :lol

Hugstable

Banned
I thought I remember ConsoleGAF shitting on it... though maybe they were shitting on it because reviews were shitting on it...

LOL that would be sad, most probably saw the bad reviews and based the game as shit off that. It happens alot. ZombiU got 2 really bad reviews, everyone started shitting on it. I got the game for like 20$, it was actually a decent survival horror game that just needed to build up better on it's melee mechanics.

Alpha Protocol is another example of this, game gets shit on by reviews because of bugs, but the game itself was actually really damn good. Probably some of the most fun I've had making choices in taht game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there a list somewhere of when games were added to Greenlight and when they were approved? Finding the first ten is easy, after that it gets harder.

zkylon

zkylewd
LOL that would be sad, most probably saw the bad reviews and based the game as shit off that. It happens alot. ZombiU got 2 really bad reviews, everyone started shitting on it. I got the game for like 20$, it was actually a decent survival horror game that just needed to build up better on it's melee mechanics.

Alpha Protocol is another example of this, game gets shit on by reviews because of bugs, but the game itself was actually really damn good. Probably some of the most fun I've had making choices in taht game.

alpha protocol is the best shit ever

Ventara

Just checked how Idle Master was doing and found out I got a foil. It's from Anomaly, and it's worth $0.30.

Eh, better than nothing.

Hugstable

Banned
Just checked how Idle Master was doing and found out I got a foil. It's from Anomaly, and it's worth $0.30.

Eh, better than nothing.

My only recent foil was from EYE Divine Cybermancy... shit was worth 23 cents. Also my last 5 booster packs have all been for Titan Attacks, which is worth 20 cents. I have the worst luck with drops :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a list somewhere of when games were added to Greenlight and when they were approved? Finding the first ten is easy, after that it gets harder.

Not as far as I'm aware. The best resource there is, is the batch announcements, but you'd need to go digging for the original submission dates yourself.

Caerith

The changelog in my downloaded archive goes up to v0.3, so I guess I'm up to date.
Seems to be an issue in the long run, it started out smoothly but it got bumpy a few hours later.

That's weird. The way it's supposed to work, and I'm looking at the code, is that while you idle a game it periodically checks the badge page to see how many cards you have left to idle. Version 0.1 had it where if it failed to reach this badge page, it would kill steam-idle and move to the next game, but version 0.2 added in a grace timer where it makes several attempts before killing steam-idle and, when it can reach the badge page again, it re-opens steam-idle in the same game as before.

Everytime someone plays an ARPG with gamepad God kills a kitty. :(
Why wouldn't anyone play an ARPG with a gamepad? They're mashers, there's no reason to wear out a perfectly good mouse on one unless they're designed so terribly that you have to.

It's really only shooters that shouldn't be played with a gamepad.

Eh, better than nothing.
I used to never get foils, but I've gotten four since I started using Idle Master.

(I used to never idle for cards.)

fokkusu

Beelzebubs said:
Speaking of Divinity, how do I stop everyone being pissed off with me, got caught stealing once as my stealth broke randomly and now everyone in town is at -5.

Good question. Haven't pissed off anyone yet, but would be good to know if that happens. Does anyone here know better?

Sini

Enhanced Steam version 6.5 for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has been published. Changes in this version include:
  • Removed button to delete owned games from wishlist, as Steam now does this automatically
As always, let me know if you run into any problems using this version.
I think you should have confirmed that first before removing the feature.
Steam does not yet remove games from wishlist that are gotten from Humble links.

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406935800z4.png

Quote to see Server Password.

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual enviornment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

How to join us:
In the main menu click play, click browse community servers and finally click add a server. Be sure to favorite it!

The server IP is: 50.97.235.66:27115

Alternatively, Click me.

I'll be posting the games night OT closer to when we start tomorrow.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Fox318, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator -- MB-A68F6D0C3BCCCDCB - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 8 entrants total.
Bridge It Plus -- MB-BC60F6B3315C2DD5 - Taken by danhese007. 5 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-138D043046520369 - Taken by lukiluk. 2 entrants total.
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition -- MB-E5C503CE40C08034 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Airport Simulator 2014 -- MB-C7A9F8EFB245BFC0 - Taken by Egamer. 3 entrants total.
Roller Coaster Rampage -- MB-1790616339C6E73C - Taken by Jmanunknown. 2 entrants total.
Skyscraper Simulator Steam Key -- MB-3B21626151E17E2F - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.
Trainz: Murchison 2 -- MB-A0F25067DF94BBEE
Trainz: Classic Cabon City -- MB-4CF28B4A8EFB8875 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-4B63C04F9A59358C - Taken by drakaenae. 7 entrants total.
Trainz: Settle & Carlisle -- MB-8A47ED37D106A87A - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-A8B778316BF53919 - Taken by diablogod. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406921602z1.png

tylerf

Good question. Haven't pissed off anyone yet, but would be good to know if that happens. Does anyone here know better?

You can raise people's opinions by giving them money or just taking the worse end of a trade. That's a person by person thing though, I don't know about a whole town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom