• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Which reminds me, if anyone in here picks up a Wii U for cheap at some point, buy the Wonderful 101. It's by far my favorite game that I've played on the system, it's so good.

If you like other Platinum, and Clover Studios, games, you'll probably enjoy W101.

Not buying or playing W101 means the communists win.

This looks brilliant. Just what I love. Psychedelic.
Here gifs, have at it.
xcmwnd.gif
dhmyww.gif

yosntf.gif
nmovwu.gif

genbwk.gif
qbgttt.gif

rscegu.gif

Ventara

haha! I won't be doing to many big giveaways for a while now anyway as I have to save up for a trip to Canada. I only need to get FIFA 15 and F1 2014 when I can preorder them and I am done til GTA comes out I think!

Where are you heading to in Canada, and for how long?

I've participated in all of one giveaway(which I lost).

Either I'm never around for them, it's a game I'm not interested in, or...well I guess I'd just feel guilty. If I won a game it would sit in my library and never get played.

C4rter

Are you using the most recent version? 0.2 should have fixed the not-detecting-therefore-jumping.

The changelog in my downloaded archive goes up to v0.3, so I guess I'm up to date.
Seems to be an issue in the long run, it started out smoothly but it got bumpy a few hours later.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
http://a.pomf.se/dikpog.webm

I was testing the custom music in Crypt of the NecroDancer and man this game is awesome!

Off to Toronto! Not sure yet if I am going for a weekend or longer. I am going to go meet another gaffer and watch an MLS game with him so need to see if I am going to find anything to do after that!

"I went to Toronto to watch a MLS game"

saddest t-shirt ever

edit: seeing Nabs reminds me I still need to buy Ultra to body him with
Adon
Hugo

Wok

Ehhh. I always die at olemc anyway. His minions are irritating as shit

I beat Olmec by digging a hole with bombs or a pickaxe. In the meantime, he stands still in a corner of the level and sends no minion at all.

"I went to Toronto to watch a MLS game"

saddest t-shirt ever

I'm travelling to watch as much football as possible :p

So far I have -

Chelsea (my team)
Copenhagen
Ajax Amsterdam

so need to start actually going to places again! Need to get Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Barcalona this season at least!

C4rter

My current Idle Master archive wasn't even able to run the game anymore now.
It was fine last night. But this morning, nothing was working. It was saying "Space Hulk idling..." but I saw in Steam that nothing was running. No "You're Now In-Game" window either.

But the strange thing, I had to download Idle Master again to get it working again, just like my current version was fubar. Someone interested in this version to have a look at any issues?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hoping to be able to tell you guys about this one. Have a review for Eidolon coming tomorrow.

Eidolon is conceptually intriguing but I'm not sure how I feel about the minimalistic visual style. Steam says you've put almost 18 hours into it, so is that a reasonably accurate representation of the amount of content that's in the game? Like Mind, I'm worried it's going to be yet another exploration game that seems interesting but is criminally short.

I'm not sure why the Universe is punishing me for trying to give to SteamGAF right now...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eidolon is conceptually intriguing but I'm not sure how I feel about the minimalistic visual style. Steam says you've put almost 18 hours into it, so is that a reasonably accurate representation of the amount of content that's in the game? Like Mind, I'm worried it's going to be yet another exploration game that seems interesting but is criminally short.

why are you pretending to be interested, that game has neither Assassinating nor Creeding

I'm not sure why the Universe is punishing me for trying to give to SteamGAF right now...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

gift it to me instead since you aparently dont have matress problems afterall, but I still have vet problems >_>

Lain

if the game was called something else instead of sacred 3 and the price was like 30 dollars the game would be pretty decent

It should have been called something else to avoid building the expectations of old fans and the price should have been lower to begin with instead of only through preorder incentives.
It was like 31€ from Gamefly which is where I preordered it initially, a preorder I cancelled on July 7 (to get a cheaper RU copy, since if the game wasn't gonna be like the older ones I wanted to pay as little as possible to try it out on release as I was still interested in the game somewhat) when I learned the game wouldn't have been like the old Sacred games. Despite everything though I think it's more than decent. It is a fun game, it looks good and performs well (if I dismiss the fact the game crashes when I open the friend list from the game but so far I don't have people to play it with so whatever!) and I paid less than 20€ for it so I really can't be angry over what I got, especially considering I knew I was getting something different from the older games.

hey - would you be interested in doing a few co-op sessions with me and Frosty later on? (probably not today or tomorrow, though)

I'd be OK with it, but I don't have a microphone and my understanding of spoken English is spotty so I don't know how good I'd be.

Jusoni

http://a.pomf.se/dikpog.webm

I was testing the custom music in Crypt of the NecroDancer and man this game is awesome!

Off to Toronto! Not sure yet if I am going for a weekend or longer. I am going to go meet another gaffer and watch an MLS game with him so need to see if I am going to find anything to do after that!

Nice song, what is it? Game looks cool, wishlisted it too. How's the necrodancers own soundtrack?

Ozium

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

just cut out the middle man and gift it to Marco, suanderez, Ventara or Chairmanchuck...

the salt is real

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

The world is very large, it took me several hours to reach from the southernmost tip to as far north as I appeared I could go. The survival elements give you some idle activity to do as you look around for the meat and potatoes of the game - the notes left behind by the characters involved in the drama that unfolded. It isn't very deep with the mechanics, so you'll have to settle for fishing while you mull over the latest batch of story you came across.

EDIT: I should also mention that the game does not have a definitive "end" as the developer plans to add more notes over time, should the game do well. Your reward is the texts.

You do reviews professionally? Game looks gorgeous. I just love walking games, for reasons, so so much. Looking forward. Gonna make some gifs hopefully tomorrow.

I do! I recently moved from a site that closed down a few months ago to a new home and have been getting back into the swing of things. You can find the link in my profile if you're interested in checking it out, my Eidolon review won't be up until noon EST today though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was laying in bed when I posted all of that. I only look at the artwork and read the quick description. I never said that most of them are worth funding or that you should.

I look at the art style and if it catch my interest then I'll take a closer look later. Maybe I should have clarify. To me "finding it interesting" when talking about a kickstarter project mean purely aesthetic in the beginning.

My comments were not meant as an insult. I was simply noting my own observations, and in the last case posting a query, of the kickstarters you mentioned.

Thank you to the posters that answered my question about The Witcher 3.

Ventara

This looks brilliant. Just what I love. Psychedelic.
Here gifs, have at it.

That looks pretty nice, and it's releasing next week, too! Gonna wishlist it for now and check it out later.

Nice! The weather here is pretty good right now, too. Hasn't been too hot or anything. If you're thinking of doing anything else, canoeing down by one of the national parks is pretty fun. Just a few hours (2-4) drive away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom