• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

You know, this puts other so called remasters to shame. The upgrades in 2033 are HUGE. Global illumination, new geometry and textures, overhauled gunplay and enemy AI. I'm glad I bought this bundle 3 times. This deserves all the attention and sales it can get.

Looks fantastic. I picked it up from a trader for 7 keys, I think I made the right call.

Deadbeat

Banned
You know, this puts other so called remasters to shame. The upgrades in 2033 are HUGE. Global illumination, new geometry and textures, overhauled gunplay and enemy AI. I'm glad I bought this bundle 3 times. This deserves all the attention and sales it can get.
Global Illumination was in regular 2033. You could turn it on in the config file.

Zarx

Decided to put some Playfire credit to use

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zarx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. -- MB-F84B179B55D193BB - Taken by freshVeggie. 7 entrants total.

t1407512091z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Really enjoying Final Fantasy XIV right now, mostly playing just to explore the worlds and see everything since I haven't touched an MMO in years, game is really beautiful especially the spell effects.

Another game with an awesome artstyle for it's effects that I started yesterday is Killer is Dead. Got my ass whooped on Mission 4 a bit, but I'm actually really enjoying the game so far. The date parts are... strange, but the actual gameplay and combat is really fun and has some interesting gameplay quirks such as being able to do executions with one of the 4 face buttons once you get enough on your hit meter, and each one gives you 1 of 4 powerups that you can use to power yourself up later. Good thing I bumped the difficutly down to normal, didn't expect Hard to get so... hard based off the first 2 missions, but that 3rd mission really sets you in place.

Thorgal

I am conflicted gaf

I want to buy Metro 2033 Redux as it is a major update over the original as this video shows .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkjwylwJjUY&list=UU6XGqPhLktO4equS99J2ENw

Also the fact that it is only 10 € right now is making it easier .

The thing is is that i am not sure if Metro last light redux is also worth a purchase .

Does anyone know if anything has changed in that game and if yes . are those changes enough to warrant a purchase ?

Turfster

GreenManGaming started their "top 50 games" list, with up to 80% off.
  • Empire Total War 75% off
  • C&C Red Alert 3 (Origin) 75% off
  • Left 4 Dead 2 75% off
  • Walking Dead S1 80% off
  • Borderlands 2 66% off
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown 75% off
  • Crusader Kings franchise 66% off
  • FEAR 75% off
  • Sid Meier's Pirates 75% off
  • EVE Franchise (only for new accounts) 75% off

Is there a way to browse the complete game offerings on GMG? When I search for "nothing", I only get a 5 page list.
I find navigating GMG a bit more unintuitive than Steam in this regard.

wilflare

part of me really wanted Steamboy to be true.
-would have allowed me to clear my backlog.. lol

---
@Shadownet.. exactly.. haha I true to get a perfect first run haha that I sometimes just stop playing bleh.

---
@Man Puncher you need to punch that friend... even the PS4 doesn't deserve the title "greatest console on earth"

what is it with firaxis games and them not dropping in price as fast as the rest? I just wanna get a complete version of the latest xcom so i can replay the campaign with the enemy within stuff (played the original on the ps3 before building my latest machine) and fuck me, xcom and civ 5 complete are taking forever to get below $10.

Sarcasm

I have a question about family library share and games that you have modded.

Wife has access to my library and she wants to play Skyrim. Now she doesn't need bells and whistles so I am wondering if the game will run fine..vanilla?

iosefe

First Impression time!

One Way Heroics:
Upon first seeing this game, i though that the scrolling map on the main menu was very final fantasy-esque. Needless to say, upon playing it, i was quite wrong about what type of game it would be. I knew it was a roguelike/lite, but i wasn't aware of how literal he title was. it's very solid though, and i like it so far with the first 20 minutes i've played.

Gigantic Army:
I played less of this than One Way Heroics because it was late and i died, so i figured it was a good time to stop. anyway, the designation Contra with mechs is a moderatly solid designation of this game. still trying to decide if i want to use the d-pad or stick more. probably the d-pad would be better due to its old school roots. I like the shiled button that so far blocks anything, though im sure in later levels that wont be true. but whatever, it's freakin' mechs. anyway also solid gameplay, and from what little time i spent, i can see myself spending more. thanks for the recommendation, corrosivefrost.

This has been First Impressions (TM) with iosefe

I am conflicted gaf

I want to buy Metro 2033 Redux as it is a major update over the original as this video shows .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkjwylwJjUY&list=UU6XGqPhLktO4equS99J2ENw

Also the fact that it is only 10 € right now is making it easier .

The thing is is that i am not sure if Metro last light redux is also worth a purchase .

Does anyone know if anything has changed in that game and if yes . are those changes enough to warrant a purchase ?

I'm only getting 2033 for now. Will wait for impressions on how much has changed in LL and get it when it's 75% off.

First Impression time!

One Way Heroics:
Upon first seeing this game, i though that the scrolling map on the main menu was very final fantasy-esque. Needless to say, upon playing it, i was quite wrong about what type of game it would be. I knew it was a roguelike/lite, but i wasn't aware of how literal he title was. it's very solid though, and i like it so far with the first 15 minutes i've played.

Gigantic Army:
I played less of this than One Way Heroics because it was late and i died, so i figured it was a good time to stop. anyway, the designation Contra with guns is a moderatly solid designation of this game. still trying to decide if i want to use the d-pad or stick more. probably the d-pad would be better due to its old school roots. I like the shiled button that so far blocks anything, though im sure in later levels that wont be true. but whatever, it's freakin' mechs. anyway also solid gameplay, and from what little time i spent, i can see myself spending more. thanks for the recommendation, corrosivefrost.

This has been First Impressions (TM) with iosefe

Isn't that rather redundant?

Khronico

Oof. So I tried updating my amd drivers and I kept having an issue after where, when the screen turns off for power saving, it won't turn back on. Won't respond to anything but a hard shutdown and restart. I have no idea why this was happening but I'm downgrading my drivers to manufacture default to see if this fixes the problem.

So far, not a fan of AMD.

Jadax

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1409346000z4.png

Watch this for details

Coming in three weeks, anyone interested in this, I have loved the metro games!

Pretty sure 99.9% of the people here are interested in metro 2033. Original was a good game with some hardware issues, sequel was a very good game in my opinion.

I'd rather see the 'new' Metro 2033 so will definitely get that, and depending on how that looks will see if I want to get Metro LL redux.

thats from the ios version. i doubt this is on PC
Man, it's weird how iOS crowd is getting treated. Wonder if they feel like a cow getting milked shamelessly or just think that's appropriate in the "gaming world".
It's 20€ EA on Steam, so yeah...
this better not be in the PC version.
Imagine the backlash when if they'd try pulling this off with a 20 bucks game.
It feels weird seeing old, renowned devs chasing that F2P money. Makes sense business-wise, but it just feel wrong.

lots of precious money later
only downside if I now have a hybrid cause of lack of black repairment parts
but that's the end of that
I know you guys were super worried about my phone situation so hopefully you can sleep now
Do you have toothpicks for fingers or how in the world don't you constantly mistap? So tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom