• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, but Ghost Recon free stuff Ubisoft gave some days ago, they count as a game or as a DLC? Because I can se the remove license button, and I'm getting rid of all those horrible games from my account I'll never play.

DLC. The base game doesn't count as a +1 as it's in sub 0.

Vuze

That's news to me.

Edit: Damn, now that's what I call a remaster, looks like real life! No wonder it's also getting a new release on PC.

I'm not quite sure if you're being sarcastic :p That's all footage from an old live action trailer.
2a71dc1c26.jpg

Dr Dogg

Where is Doogie?

Yay Doogie Dogg is back!

I love it, also, great avatar!

I don't know what you're talking about. This is Hoogie Dowser!

Didn't know Sleeping Dogs Definitive was coming for PC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVnY4F7ftOE&feature=youtu.be&a

I expect either a free visual upgrade or reduced pricing for pre-owners. I'll probably be fucked as an owner of the german version regardless. (Screw you Humble Store)

Sweet!!! Pricing would be nice to see after the bazillion sales it's had on PC. I'd love a clean slate and to go through all the achievements again but not at $60/£40.

Strider

That's news to me.

Edit: Damn, now that's what I call a remaster, looks like real life! No wonder it's also getting a new release on PC.

it is real life lol

But regarding the DE itself. Doubt I get it despite loving Sleeping Dogs. The game already looks great IMO and my rig probably can't handle the new version.

Thorgal

So apparently there was a client update that included among others a new steam icon but i am not seeing anything different .

Using Pixelvision here .

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I expect either a free visual upgrade or reduced pricing for pre-owners. I'll probably be fucked as an owner of the german version regardless. (Screw you Humble Store)

So they are bringing Sleeping Dogs to PC which already has an HD Textures pack and the definitive edition won't look much better but when people were asking for a Tomb Raider Definitive Edition port Squeenix just ignored them. Smh...

Kiru

If Square Enix would be a good company like CD Projekt, they would upgrade the normal game for free, but hey it's Square Enix, no way that is happening.

FauX

SteamGaf: Could somebody explain me why "out of nothing" it appeared on my steam account Ultra Street Fighter IV game?

I owned Super Street Fighter IV AE, but I didn't buy the upgrade. I'm downloading the game just in case it will disappear from my account?

What do you think?

JaseC

Well, there goes my theory, haha:

The Sleeping Dogs DE quite likely explains why the Tomb Raider DE hasn't made it to the PC yet -- Squeenix knows that by releasing a PC version of the latter, people would realise a port of the former is inevitable and so sales of the console versions would suffer somewhat as a result. I suspect PC ports of both will be announced simultaneously no later than mid next year.

This news more or less confirms Tomb Raider will make the jump also.

SteamGaf: Could somebody explain me why "out of nothing" it appeared on my steam account Ultra Street Fighter IV game?

I owned Super Street Fighter IV AE, but I didn't buy the upgrade. I'm downloading the game just in case it will disappear from my account?

What do you think?

Capcom changed the name of the app. It's a dumb move that's going to confuse a lot of people because you need to buy Ultra to access the Ultra content.

Kiru

What do you think?

They just renamed the game. The actual ULTRA part is a DLC. You do not own that DLC, it's just the Arcade Edition with Ultra name in your library.

Sendou

Definitive edition will be a good excuse to replay Sleeping Dogs.

This is what they say:

"We're giving old and new fans a lot reasons to pick up the game, as we've gone beyond just increasing resolution and running at 1080p. We listened to the fans: we tuned gameplay, we added to the ambience of Hong Kong, increased audio fidelity and pushed the visuals further than we could on the previous generation of consoles."

Hugstable

Banned
Kinda silly for a second version of Sleeping Dawgs since they released an HD texture pack anyway. And that trailer was all real life footage lol.

Would be nice if they done the upgrade like they did for Deus Ex.

Speaking of, I wonder if that will get the PS4/XBone treatment too.

Wait how did Deus Ex do the upgrade? It overwrites my old Deus Ex HR game? I really need to get the Directors Cut someday when I do my replay of DX:HR.

FauX

They just renamed the game. The actual ULTRA part is a DLC. You do not own that DLC, it's just the Arcade Edition with Ultra name in your library.

Wow, what a shitty move from Capcom. At least I could get the cards with Idlemaster.

Kiru

Wait how did Deus Ex do the upgrade? It overwrites my old Deus Ex HR game? I really need to get the Directors Cut someday when I do my replay of DX:HR.
It's a separate game in your library. No overwriting, but they gave owners of Deus Ex HR & Missing Link DLC a discount on the DC.

If Square Enix would be a good company like CD Projekt, they would upgrade the normal game for free, but hey it's Square Enix, no way that is happening.
Can't ask everyone to be saints, their PC ports are great, and that's good enough for me.

Uzzy

Wow, what a shitty move from Capcom. At least I could get the cards with Idlemaster.

According to a Capcom dev, it's to ensure compatibility between people who bought the upgrade and people who bought the full version of Ultra. Which is pretty damn important I'd imagine.

Jawmuncher

Poisons ALT costume is so dumb in USF4.
It looks way better in this image than it does in game.

Glad she not hugely changed from SFxT though got her moves down pretty quick. Her second ultra can go die in a fire though. Pulled it off only twice in training.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can't ask everyone to be saints, their PC ports are great, and that's good enough for me.

Um, Human Revolution Directors Cut is an absolute juddery mess on the PC, and still hasn't been fixed.

I have no idea what went wrong with it as the original game ran fantastic.

JaseC

So that we can have a second entry and a reason to 100% the achievements all over again.

Also, it's better than it not coming to PC.

tumblr_mtzjeagABI1rthb3xo2_250.gif

According to a Capcom dev, it's to ensure compatibility between people who bought the upgrade and people who bought the full version of Ultra. Which is pretty damn important I'd imagine.

The app name has nothing to do with compatibility. Really, Ultra should have been its own game -- Capcom's just backed itself into a bit of a messy corner by releasing Ultra Street Fighter IV as DLC for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

JaseC

That's what the Capcom reps are saying, that it's a compatibility issue.

Oh, you mean to say that the two versions share the same base app for compatibility purposes (although there's no reason why they couldn't have been split -- someone just didn't have the foresight), not that the app name was changed for this reason.

Turfster

Mac Game Store: 75% off Borderlands 2 GOTY edition
Get Games Go: 75% off Darksiders Franchise (including DLC)

Bundle in a Box servers aren't quite going down today, but I wouldn't wait much longer.

Um, Human Revolution Directors Cut is an absolute juddery mess on the PC, and still hasn't been fixed.

Not for everyone.
Do you have an nvidia card?

fantomena

I like how Squeenix confirmed the PC-version of Sleeping Dogs: DE and Lara Croft Osiris buy jast having the Steam logo in the images and trailers and not "PC" or "PC-DVD" etc.

Squeenix really must like Steam.

Not to mention that they're rather generous during sales.
Can't go wrong with 5 dollar sales!
Does this even meet Kickstarter rules?

Does 'wanna make videos' work as a product/goal?

Hope it fails.
People will give him money for teh lulz, so he might reach the goal.

I have no idea what went wrong with it as the original game ran fantastic.
The original game patched to the latest version, worked great. However, some genius took an early build to do the director's cut's port, so some problems that were present in the original game reemerged.

I did encounter a subtitle problem with DC, but nothing couldn't be fixed with a reload.

vg260

Capcom changed the name of the app. It's a dumb move that's going to confuse a lot of people because you need to buy Ultra to access the Ultra content.

I don't think it's dumb. I bought the Ultra upgrade and want it to reflect the current version. They have to stick with the same appId so they had to go with one name or the other. Either way it's going to be annoying for some users. I'd rather it be annoying the ones who essentially abandoned the game and are not keeping up with the community.

Tizoc

Shadownet

Banned
Missables in TitS are downright cruel. Especially since most of them influence achievements...
Game is great though, just wrapped up the Prologue (which may sound funny, but took roughly 11 hours).

That's why I'm afraid to play any RPG without a collectibles guide. The perfectionist in me take over a lot..

I gave the python script a try, the reason it's not fetching anything is because the link ("http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/" + str(id) + "/header.jpg") in the script isn't working, I changed it to "http://www.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/" + str(id) + "/header.jpg" and it worked.

Could you possibly please help walked me on how to do this?
---------------
@JaseC. I guess I should buy the Witcher 3 before they lock up again huh?

Can't go wrong with 5 dollar sales!

People will give him money for teh lulz, so he might reach the goal.

The original game patched to the latest version, worked great. However, some genius took an early build to do the director's cut's port, so some problems that were present in the original game reemerged.

I did encounter a subtitle problem with DC, but nothing couldn't be fixed with a reload.

In my current playthrough of the DC, I've encountered what I think is a derpy UI, it doesn't seem right to me. However, I'd rather be able to beat the bosses with a stealth build.

Parsnip

So it ain't perfect, but the Ultra Street Fighter netcode is so much better now. Played in the same couple lobbies all night and not once did it freeze and cause someone to dump out of the game to get it unstuck.
That's good to know, the Steamworks transition was such a mess for AE, I'm glad they improved.

neoemonk

I met a coworker that has a gaming PC. I asked him for his Steam account so we could be friends and he said he doesn't use Steam. I've heard of some people maintaining an anti-Steam stance before but never met one in real life. I asked him jokingly how he plays PC games without having a Steam account and he told me he only buys discs. So be it my friend.

When I got home from work last night I was curious how many of my Steam games even had disc versions, and the answer was "not very many". The whole experience was somewhat mystifying to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom