• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n94os86oZk1r4n1r8o1_500.jpg

:lol

Pudge

I guess it's just kind of jarring to see what is essentially the same game with the same premise use very similar graphics.

Maybe nothing will happen, I mean we're talking about two different indie development shops here. But if one game was made by EA and the other by Activision, this is the kind of shit that would end in litigation.

Case and point.

bajathqvsactivsion.jpg

Ozium

Just saw this pop up today on EA:

Bedlam

A fast paced FPS with an engrossing storyline written by cult Scottish author Christopher Brookmyre. You play Heather Quinn aka “Athena” trapped in a world of video games, desperate to find a way back home. Will you make it? Or will you be trapped here forever? Here's where you find out..

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes, we want to reward early access players for helping us to frag those bugs. You'll receive Bedlam at a reduced price of $19.99. The final version will be priced around $29.99”

Seems a tad expensive for what it looks like...

maty

Yesterday I finished LYNE (68th perfect game), a nice puzzle game where you have to connect the dots(or shapes in this case).

The game has 26 sets of 25 puzzles each plus daily challenges which could be 1 to 3 complete sets of 25 puzzles as well. As you go further, new sets are unlocked and levels get bigger, more complicated and shapes with different colors are introduced.

It took me around 22 hours (with some idling) to finish. It's quite long so I suggest doing a set a day once they get harder.

This makes it the 4th game I completed out of 49 I won via Modbot. I'm making slow but steady progress in playing/finishing games many generous gaffers have given away. Thank you.

Games completed:
Castle of Illusion
MacGuffin's Curse
Lyne
Super Sanctum TD

Next:
Abyss Odyssey (which I've already started)
MGR:R
etc...

Uzzy

Ultra Street Fighter Endless Battle

t1407528000z0.png

- I'll be hosting an Endless Battle lobby tonight, mostly aimed at EuroGAF members, but everyone is welcome
- All skill levels are welcome
- To join, add me and I'll send you an invite to the lobby tonight.

You know you want to join in. Respond on the Games Night thread, or via PM.

Mono

Sadly, this does appear to be the darkest timeline. I understand the merit of documenting slang usage, but this is a step too far.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

/English major mode: engaged

Oddly enough, I'm one of the only (?) people 100% on the other side of this arguement. Language is far from static (as much as people hate to believe), and evolves as people use it. More importantly, word meanings change based on how people use words, regardless of the current definition. So people using the word "literally" to mean "virtually" made the word change, as people recognize both uses of the word now! I'm all for dynamic language changes!! \o/

Yesterday I finished LYNE (68th perfect game), a nice puzzle game where you have to connect the dots(or shapes in this case).

The game has 26 sets of 25 puzzles each plus daily challenges which could be 1 to 3 complete sets of 25 puzzles as well. As you go further, new sets are unlocked and levels get bigger, more complicated and shapes with different colors are introduced.

It took me around 22 hours (with some idling) to finish. It's quite long so I suggest doing a set a day once they get harder.

This makes it the 4th game I completed out of 49 I won via Modbot. I'm making slow but steady progress in playing/finishing games many generous gaffers have given away. Thank you.

Games completed:
Castle of Illusion
MacGuffin's Curse
Lyne
Super Sanctum TD

Next:
etc...

LYNE is great! I'm about halfway through the letter sets. It's a really great game to play while listening to podcasts. This is one of those games that would be better suited for a tablet, though.

Vuze

Games completed:
Castle of Illusion
MacGuffin's Curse
Lyne
Super Sanctum TD

Next:
etc...

LYNE is great! I really should get back to it, so relaxing.

I might be late to the party, but my Steam icon changed... It's now blue. And the window itself has some blue in it...

Valve, please note that this does not count as a UI redesign.

Pudge

Thanks. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of completely free (no presence of F2P microtransactions) games on Steam?

There used to be a list of exactly what you're asking for, but I can't find it. I did find this link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573

That seems to be a pretty comprehensive list of every F2P game on Steam, including what you're asking.

Some other totally free ones I can think of though:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302380/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/283880/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286100/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264380/

Mono

Man I really wish I could hide certain things in my inventory so people will stop asking me to trade my TF2 items.

You can always mark your inventory as "Friends Only" and then change it right before making a dispenser.tf trade or something! Unless you trade TF2 stuff frequently.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
/English major mode: engaged

Oddly enough, I'm one of the only (?) people 100% on the other side of this arguement. Language is far from static (as much as people hate to believe), and evolves as people use it. More importantly, word meanings change based on how people use words, regardless of the current definition. So people using the word "literally" to mean "virtually" made the word change, as people recognize both uses of the word now! I'm all for dynamic language changes!! o/

Totes agree.

Though talking about language can be navel gazing and devolve into self-parody
A Bit of Fry & Laurie - Concerning Language - YouTube

maty

LYNE is great! I'm about halfway through the letter sets. It's a really great game to play while listening to podcasts. This is one of those games that would be better suited for a tablet, though.

I believe it's available for tablets since it's published on Google Play, though I didn't have problems playing with a mouse. I think I would prefer it over using my fingers.

LYNE is great! I really should get back to it, so relaxing.

Yes, it is until you get stuck in the latter levels xD.

MUnited83

For you.
that game is beatable in about 27 hours btw in case anyone wants to try it , is like wow but without online and a better combar system

48 hours are calendar time though. As soon as you boot it up, the timer starts and it will continue even if you're not playing it anymore. So if anybody here can play more than 12 hours a day, doesn't seem doable :p

48 hours are calendar time though. As soon as you boot it up, the timer starts and it will continue even if you're not playing it anymore. So if anybody here can play more than 12 hours a day, doesn't seem doable :p

oh really?? then i would not recommend playing it if thats the case :p

Mono

48 hours of in-game play time did sound too good to be true! They might as well just give the game away for free at that point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EA seems to be pushing the "free games" angle pretty hard lately. Optimistically you'd say that it's probably EA's last-ditch attempt to boost Origin's active userbase before begrudgingly returning to Steam with Uplayesque Origin integration in tow.

Tellaerin

Totes agree.

Though talking about language can be navel gazing and devolve into self-parody
A Bit of Fry & Laurie - Concerning Language - YouTube

I understand linguistic drift is inevitable, but this business with "literally" bothers me. This particular shift in usage didn't stem from people deliberately misusing it for ironic effect, which is something that's happened with other words over time. No, it seems to have come into vogue because people couldn't grasp what the word actually meant. Rather than teaching them to use "literally" properly, it seems we've changed the definition of the word itself to accommodate folks who can't be arsed to learn. I think that's what's really rubbing me the wrong way about all this.

Khronico

Everyone should nab that one week gametime for bf4. We could get some gaf games in next week.

It'll take me like 48 hours of straight downloading to dl bf4 oh gosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom