• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher Adventure Game beta (GOG) -- MB-E95D0697ABA23E78 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

louiedog

sure wish everyone sent an email like this

ZqRQrlL.png

I was just telling someone the other day that I think it's weird more bundle sites don't send out emails when keys for previously purchased games are available. It seems like an obvious way to get eyes on what they currently have running.

MUnited83

For you.
I was just telling someone the other day that I think it's weird more bundle sites don't send out emails when keys for previously purchased games are available. It seems like an obvious way to get eyes on what they currently have running.

Yeap. I mean. their site design and the fact you get the keys of the bundle you bought by email is pretty terrible, but it has this awesome advantage of getting keys from greenlit games pretty easily.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that it was released on Steam! The bad news is that it hasn't been available for years.

Edit: I'd guess that the ball's in Lionhead/Microsoft's court now, but I haven't looked into it.

Yeah, Lionhead owns everything:

18334_back.jpg

Acti's publishing contract expired and the games were pulled, so the onus is on MS to ask Valve to grant Steam Partners access to the apps.

Yakkue

Didn't see if anyone responded to your question but The Banner Saga should take most people around 10 hours to beat, I clocked in around 13 when I beat it.

As for me my biggest gripe with the dialogue wasn't necessarily the dialogue itself but how some of the choices were presented and the consequences of those choices. Often times you'll have party members leave or die unexpectedly because of a choice with an unclear outcome. It can really effect you long term as well if you lose someone that you leveled and spent renown on, it can especially hurt you as renown is a limited resource and it's the primary currency to level your party as well as shop for items.

Often times later in the game you will have to make a choice spending renown on either lvling a character and boosting his stats, or spending it on items or resources. Most of time you're not going to have enough renown for everything and have to make a choice between one or the other.

Interesting, seems like the play time can differ quite a lot (since it took Levyne about 8 hours).
That would suck if you unexpectedly lost a character you spend a lot of time on and I'm sure that's something that would happen to me. Thanks a lot for your input!

Salsa

gonna continue playing Leo's Fortune on my phone now that I fixed the screen

should be released on Steam already. no reason not to and the Art style would benefit

Rv0Rnui6ZVUs17IzII1QJX0okwPUWl0tqqLrneq4c_EnLS89Sdr9pEJmP2-bgqnotds=h900-rw

_9GB1B8PNNFqLMI2V_dSLLthkLzW95qAwoDYOTEBptcTInXLtqX75g4zqUPv8TZ3QhA=h900-rw

Evrain

Damn straight, the original is sorely underappreciated IMO. Plus Altair > pretty boy Ezio anyday.
Quite the opposite for me. Altair is boring, boastful and an all around pr**k, characterization wise (AC1), whereas Ezio doesn't stop being a ladykiller (metaphorically) even after he becomes a master mankiller (literally).

dani_dc

So yesterday I remembered I had picked up a few extra RPG Maker Humble Bundles.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle #2 -- MB-A86663D4C70C0E4A - Taken by Scipius. 15 entrants total.
RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle -- MB-78F05C8E41AB4D54 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 16 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407546172z1.png

Jawmuncher

pfft fable

that's a whatever series if there was ever one

too bad molyneux decided to do a black and white game instead of theme hospital

Fable one was great. Didn't like 2, but enjoyed 3.
Too bad the series is all kinds of messed up on PC.

Got 1 and Anniversary
No 2
We had 3 and now it's gone.

What a mess.

Rudakus

Not really impressed with the Witcher Adventure game. What do you guys think? It definitely needs to allow everyone to go at once. I can't put my finger on it it just felt Meh.

Mono

Was going to check the game out but can't unsee that now, reminds me of....

WELP

Not really impressed with the Witcher Adventure game. What do you guys think? It definitely needs to allow everyone to go at once. I can't put my finger on it it just felt Meh.

I still haven't had a chance to try it out! That's not good. :( Do you think that it doesn't feel right just because it's in beta?

Uzzy

It's a digital boardgame, and I really am not impressed either. I think its really boring tbh

I was excited by the actual boardgame, as I do love getting some friends round to play some boardgames, and Fantasy Flight Games have been very good lately. But digital boardgames are a bit less inspiring.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Quite the opposite for me. Altair is boring, boastful and an all around pr**k, characterization wise (AC1), whereas Ezio doesn't stop being a ladykiller (metaphorically) even after he becomes a master mankiller (literally).

Oh it's definitely not a popular opinion but I like how prickish Altair is :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Giant Bomb has a QL that made me interested again, I'm not fan of the 'keep someone from dying' genre but it looks like it does its best to not get frustrating.

yea that's what i'm watching

i'm like all over it's freaky look

It's a digital boardgame, and I really am not impressed either. I think its really boring tbh
It's a board game. Not necessarily it has monsters, characters, and places from the games, but I don't think it would be any more of a must play for Witcha fans(I also liked the games :D ).
huh ok

i guess i'll just play witcha 3 instead

With the givwaways of the Witcher game, i noticed they gave 2 keys, so hope someone wants this :)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher Adventure Game -- MB-23EF7E0782CD7361 - Taken by Coldsun. 2 entrants total.

t1407537172z1.png

Damn straight, the original is sorely underappreciated IMO. Plus Altair > pretty boy Ezio anyday.

Altair's story was always a better arc IMO, if only they could have added Altair's appearances in Revelations to the end of AC1, as a Standalone DLC of sorts. (nothing else in Revelations is worth keeping)

diablogod

Altair's story was always a better arc IMO, if only they could have added Altair's appearances in Revelations to the end of AC1, as a Standalone DLC of sorts. (nothing else in Revelations is worth keeping)

I went through the original Assassins Creed twice and I loved it except for the end. I have never gotten more than 5 hours into Assassins Creed 2 (I have restarted that game 3 times now.) I always stop playing and become disinterested.

When we are playing:

Quote to see Server Password.

Information said:
How to join us:
In the main menu click play, click browse community servers and finally click add a server. Be sure to favorite it!

The server IP is: 50.97.235.66:27115

Alternatively, Click me.

Any map suggestions for this weekend?
Try to stick with maps already in the CSGO folder. (steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/maps) Make your suggestions in the games night thread.

Dr Dogg

I'd really like for AC combat to be a bit like the first one again. In the first counter attacks didn't kill the enemy at the first try, unless you used the hidden blade counter attack which required precise timing. Now it's just "counter attack then press square to insta kill the next guy"(ignoring different enemy classes)

Controversial opinion but I actually prefer a lot of the things the first Assassin's Creed did over the subsequent entries. Counters could kill your opponent in one hit with your sword though only on lesser enemy types and you have to time it right. Unlike recent games there was a window of opportunity in the first AC, wasn't too small but if you missed it slightly then you'd parry or cudgel your opponent. Miss it entirely and you'd get hit or you could just stand in defensive mode (as in hold down the right trigger) and deflect incoming attacks. Combat was slower paced and you did get Metroided and have all your abilities wiped away only to have to earn them again through the course of the game but there was more skill required to taking on 10 guys at once in the first AC than any other.

Also because it's not weighed down in masses of complex and specific mechanics you actually had a little bit of wiggle room to freeform your skills also. Before there was a dedicated air assassinate button in AC II you could if you timed it right do this in the first. You needed to have the right stance to be able to land on your target but you could lock on at the last second and assassinate them. The William de Montferrat assassination mission was a great way to do this as you could scale the massive tower by where he was patrolling and not have to face that many guards and despite how high it was and that the fall would kill you, if you pulled it off it would be a clutch save and a flashy kill.

I feel like the weapon and ability balance in the first was pretty much spot on but went out the window shortly after in the later games. You long sword was the default goto weapon both good in attack and defence but not as fast as the short blade which was quick to strike but left you vulnerable against bigger foes and larger groups. The hidden blade was deadly as a counter kill weapon as you state it's always an insta-kill but get things wrong and it will hurt. Throwing knives and the crossbow were much more balanced ranged weapons as you had to pickpocket knives and purchase ammo and wasn't in massive abundance to exploit.

It's got it's faults, like the collectables being the pesky flags that you really had to be paying attention not to miss, the same mission setup every time (surveillance mission, beat up mission, chase mission) but it was pretty much the only game in the series that it felt like you were an assassin to me. It might have be considered gamey but you knew the score, there's 9 guys that are manipulating the holly lands and you have to take them down one at a time. The assassination setup of observe, execute, escape was a great idea that I felt required a little more thought into how you take on your assassination target. Shame the series slowly started to move away from as well after Brotherhood. I didn't mind the overworld too much either as I felt it gave the world scope and scale that I didn't feel the series really recaptured until Black Flag (III's frontier really wasn't my cup of tea).

Sure the other games might have improved upon some aspects and moreover gained a wider following because of, but the first always has a special place in my library as I've had it installed the moment I bought it. Looking back now the step up in quality, not just graphically but the ability to parkour on almost all the environment was leaps and bounds over Prince of Persia on the previous generation.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance -- MB-743141A26F5D3D14 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 83 entrants total.

t1407541312z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom