• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, every time I register for the Saints Row website, it sucessfully creates my account... until I log out. Then it's like the account never existed. I used the same, "taken" user name three times to do this. Must have something to do with whatever they're doing with their forum.

The Saints Row website has been broken for months. Couldn't upload my character from SR3 to get the achievement when SR3 was free on Xbox Live. :/

I'm bored, anybody in for some Speedrunners now?
I'll throw in a free gift if you can beat me once in a full race in an official level.

#1: Dunder
#2: InvisibleStride
#3: Nabs
#4: Ozium

MRORANGE

Hey everyone, what's your thoughts on merging these two threads together into a new one?

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff
Steam Trading |OT| Use the spreadsheet & read rules before posting!

Reasons:

- one place for all trading needs
- steam trading is more expanded
- somehow trading cards is getting more attention, due to trading OT is in community
- both threads need a revamp

The overall idea is to have one big trading thread for everything, so it's more active.

Thoughts?

Dr Dogg

Hey everyone, what's your thoughts on merging these two threads together into a new one?

Reasons:

- somehow trading cards is getting more attention, due to trading OT is in community

The overall idea is to have one big trading thread for everything, so it's more active.

Thoughts?

Good idea MRORANGE. Trading cards always get a lot of attention around Sales and that's usually the best time for trading too. Though Christ know the last time I traded a trading card, straight on the market from now on.

Reasons:

Thoughts?

It makes sense. Trading and cards go hand in hand.

Reasons:

Thoughts?

Yeah, that makes plenty of sense to me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Also because it's not weighed down in masses of complex and specific mechanics you actually had a little bit of wiggle room to freeform you're skills also.

This is the best thing about the first asscreed. One of the things I'm not a fan of in the newer ones is how everything feels more constrained despite all of the new features that have been added to the franchise.

I'm hoping Unity really does go back to the more open style of gameplay.

Reasons:

Thoughts?

I don't see why you wouldn't merge them, both are for trading stuff.

Reasons:
Thoughts?
I could take a quick look at those threads yesterday and I have to say the card trading thread is pretty much dead. It seems for card trading people don't use the thread but use Steam (friends/threads). A merger would maybe boost card trading on Gaf. Personally I doubt it as most have their routine already.
Also, funny that during summer sale, the steam trading thread was used primarily for card trading, ha.
I say go for it though as card trading fits well into general Steam trading and it's not like card trading thread is big/active enough to warrant separation.

Nabs

Reasons:

Thoughts?

I don't really see how combing the two will help either. The Steam trading thread always sucked because people only go in there when they want to get rid of something. I don't think there's any way to save it.

MUnited83

For you.

Reasons:

Thoughts?
Eh, they are both dead. Even if they are merged they will die again.

R+A for controlled upward climbing/parkour (also combining those two systems)
R+B for controlled descent/parkour
and R for regular movement

-wall-up at angles (no more having to hit a wall at 90 degrees to go up)
-stealth stance (in addition to low profile and high profile stance)
-adaptive mission system (less linearity)
-combat as a fail-state (counter turned into parry)

seems intuitive, fixing the whole counter-kill chain issue in the combat is a huge plus IMO

Dambrosi

Banned
i used hola to buy it. it activated without any problems
Yeah, me too. I'd never used Hola before, so there was some confusion at first (I had to register on the Hola website first, then I had to change the country to the USA instead of the UK, my home country), but the code itself activated without any issues.

Now to see if I need to buy a new graphics card to play it.

Dr Dogg

This is the best thing about the first asscreed. One of the things I'm not a fan of in the newer ones is how everything feels more constrained despite all of the new features that have been added to the franchise.

I'm hoping Unity really does go back to the more open style of gameplay.

Ah feck it! I read and reread that post about 3 times and made edit after edit and there you go and find a poxy grammatical error :( (don't drink and post kids).

Someone I used to work with who was/is as big an AC nut as me preferred the more refined mechanics of II but we both agreed that Brotherhood and onwards chain kills changed the dynamic of the series. You're no longer vulnerable and essentially become a one man killing machine.

There used to be a site, I think it was called www.thehiddenblade.com or something, around the time of the firsts release and these peeps were crazy in some of the assassinations they were pulling off. They held quite frequent challenges and some of the I and II vids that were on their YouTube channel showed that there was quite a lot more flexibility in the mechanics than what was stated or tutorialised.

Edit: Well as if by chance that site is still up. Looks completely different to what I remember and sadly looks very inactive and contented deprived from what I remember.

zkylon

zkylewd
R+A for controlled upward climbing/parkour (also combining those two systems)
R+B for controlled descent/parkour
and R for regular movement

-wall-up at angles (no more having to hit a wall at 90 degrees to go up)
-stealth stance (in addition to low profile and high profile stance)
-adaptive mission system (less linearity)
-combat as a fail-state (counter turned into parry)

seems intuitive, fixing the whole counter-kill chain issue in the combat is a huge plus IMO

yup, seems like they're addressing pretty much everything

makes me very excited, even if it ends up being a bit rough like ass 1 at least it's a step in the right direction

which means that even if ass unity isn't so good then ass cryengine has a lot going for it

Got an additional key from the Kickstarter, for anyone interested:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (INDIGO_CYCLOPS, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Back to Bed -- MB-2D4E6DF0687A0CE7 - Taken by The Dear Leader

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
@ MRORANGE you might as well, like everyone else has said.

Jawmuncher

Gotta say Buy Order is pretty cool when it works in your favor.
Put a 15 cent buy order for the Jurassic Era Research Facility Background.
Since I was the highest order just scored the background for 3 cents.
Now all I need is Dino Crisis on steam as my favorite game and my profile page will be complete.

MRORANGE

Good idea MRORANGE. Trading cards always get a lot of attention around Sales and that's usually the best time for trading too. Though Christ know the last time I traded a trading card, straight on the market from now on.
It makes sense. Trading and cards go hand in hand.
Yeah, that makes plenty of sense to me.
I don't see why you wouldn't merge them, both are for trading stuff.
I could take a quick look at those threads yesterday and I have to say the card trading thread is pretty much dead. It seems for card trading people don't use the thread but use Steam (friends/threads). A merger would maybe boost card trading on Gaf. Personally I doubt it as most have their routine already.
Also, funny that during summer sale, the steam trading thread was used primarily for card trading, ha.
I say go for it though as card trading fits well into general Steam trading and it's not like card trading thread is big/active enough to warrant separation.

Okay that's good, thanks.

I don't really see how combing the two will help either. The Steam trading thread always sucked because people only go in there when they want to get rid of something. I don't think there's any way to save it.

I did post a rule on bad trades and stuff, but yeah that's a hard one to solve :|

Eh, they are both dead. Even if they are merged they will die again.

The hope is to get it more active.

@ MRORANGE you might as well, like everyone else has said.

Might as well, unless anyone has some really strong objection on closing those threads for some reason.

Khronico

It sucks how using this new laptop with Steam has locked me out of using the market for a week. Really want to sell these cards I got.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dani_dc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle #2 -- MB-A86663D4C70C0E4A - Taken by Scipius. 15 entrants total.
RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle -- MB-78F05C8E41AB4D54 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 16 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for RPG Maker VX Ace Humble Bundle was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407546172z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
It sucks how using this new laptop with Steam has locked me out of using the market for a week. Really want to sell these cards I got.

:(. Just think about it though, in 1 week you're gonna be Steam Rich! Do you still have other games to idle or did you finish them already?

Mono

Reasons:

Thoughts?

I think that would be best! People seem to use the BST thread for trading mostly, so merging the card/Steam trading threads would make more sense. Maybe it would make the thread a bit more active, too!

MRORANGE

Test of fire, hope it goes well:

iWbngUeZxw2B5.jpg

Free for all trading and selling of all Steam related stuff.

How to Steam trade in the client.

Rules:
- Don't dump crap that nobody wants: Vouchers, Badrats, Origin Keys.
- Mark things that have been taken, update your post.
- This is not a gifting thread.
- Report any scammers/hagglers from Neogaf to the mods.
- Trade fairly, don't expect to get Witcher 3 for your Desura keys.

Other threads will be closed.

Strider

Dunder, Nabs, and Ozium. My Internet went down and I'm posting this from my phone. Sorry about that :( going to call customer service and hopefully get it back up

Wow, so many nice folks here. Just out of the blue getting gifted Strike Suit Zero DC.
Five Element Ninja is classy people.
---
I see some members streaming here fairly regularly. Want to try out with Hitbox, since Twitch has now VOD stuff going on. Guess besides Hitbox there's not much alternatives?

Deitus

Wow, so many nice folks here. Just out of the blue getting gifted Strike Suit Zero DC.
Five Element Ninja is classy people.

Oh nice. I've had SSZ for a while now, but I've still never played it. I'm not sure if I should buy the Director's Cut before I start playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom