• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was probably one of the hypest opening movies for a visual novel I've ever seen. Damn. It's probably going to be nothing like that, but I can't not get hyped.

It's ehh~~
Edit: As i'm looking at screenshots and recalling it, i'll bump it up to a 7.5ish. I remember some parts/charaters being pretty funny and that the H scenes were really just fluff and not contingent at all maybe (the main girl) to the story. If anyone is interested here's the plot rundown:
Yamato has a great sense of justice and aspires to be a hero. He always tried to protect his childhood friend Haruna when she’s being bullied, but he always got beat down instead. One day, Haruna was going to move away and wanted to say goodbye to him. However, he despaired that he was never able to protect her once in the end.

He met an old man called the ‘Memory Collector’, who could grant any wish in exchange for one’s memories. Yamato wished to become a Stryker, the hero from a manga he loved. Several years later, some people with superpowers called the Balbora Empire appeared in the city Haruna was living in. The police and army were powerless in stopping them, but one warrior showed up and beat them with one kick. He was the hero of the manga Dengeki Stryker.

derExperte

I don't really think they'll add anything ... I'm guessing it'll be the same one but just open to everyone ... they're probably just stress-testing their servers at this point

Not open for everyone, I read it's for those that are already in. Not even old, unredeemed keys will work. And the same article said that it'll be the same content wise and all the progress gets wiped. If true I'll pass.

Yup, I play with keyboard.

Let's ignore that that's not the optimal way to play Speedrunners and that I never understood why people keep hitting the Win key, never had a problem with it. But you can use http://casey.io/winkill/ to deactivate it.

Yup, I play with keyboard.

mp5RmrI.gif

You should be ashamed of yourself, you simply dont play Speedrunners with keyboard.

Tizoc

THANK YOU. So first MS conf., then they are followed by Sony.
Based on your timer, It will start at 4/5 PM on the 12th in mi country, I should be awake by then, so hopefully I can catch both if their conference is being Streamed (at work so can't access all websites)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Not open for everyone, I read it's for those that are already in. Not even old, unredeemed keys will work. And the same article said that it'll be the same content wise and all the progress gets wiped. If true I'll pass.

you sure? if so - damn, that's stupid of them :/

I was pretty sure the
2014-08-10_02-30-54.jpg
part meant it's an open beta

get on that comrade. SCP swrapper

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102
Do it! Takes literally seconds(ok maybe a minute or two), works flawlessly.

Thanks for the input guys! Gonna try to set stuff up. :)

StAidan

I finished a quick playthrough of The Samaritan Paradox after someguyinahat's recommendation a few days ago. It's a pretty good point-and-click that doesn't overstay its welcome, or overwhelm players with endless combinations of items. Since the game already received a good writeup recently, I won't reinvent the wheel here. But I'll reiterate that it's worth playing if you enjoy "real" puzzles that require putting together a few pieces to figure out.

Only one objection -- I wish it were more kid-friendly, language wise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, is that regional lock for buying the game from nuuvem or actually redeeming it on Steam?

Haha, the google translation of that page is funny.
RjzTL24.png

No games allowed in the east and west, hah.

Unless your IP originates from Asia, you're fine.

Edit: From the "Games stolen from you" thread:
Dear Squeenix:
Message from Square Enix:
"Whilst we have loved seeing you enjoy playing Order of War on Steam, unfortunately it is no longer viable for us to continue to run the multiplayer servers due to the low volume of traffic and so the servers were switched off on September 1st, 2013. The multiplayer aspect of Order of War and Order of War: Challenge have subsequently ceased to function, and customers will notice that Order of War: Challenge has been removed from their Steam library. For those who have been playing our game, we thank you for your support and hope you had fun. If you have any further questions about this, please contact our customer support team at http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?la=2&id=592"

Fuck you:
oowchallengeiqsfm.jpg

denzel-smokinglwb8a.gif

Momentary

Banned
Azure Strikre Gunvolt... That game needs to be on Steam. So does a Disgaea collection. DAMN! Isn't ASG a Comcept game? It would have been a way better premier game on Steam than Yaiba.

Nosgoth seems to be quite alright. What's the consensus on it?
(does anyone else feel that this game is 'too developed' for a F2P game? Yes, I know the Dead Sun -mamarobotnik- story and all, but that feeling stands out a bit. And, at the same time that it was designed for consoles more than PC, but that's ok)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Azure Strikre Gunvolt... That game needs to be on Steam. So does a Disgaea collection. DAMN! Isn't ASG a Comcept game? It would have been a way better premier game on Steam than Yaiba.

I'm surprised when NIS was tested the waters on Steam they picked Cladun 2 instead of a Disgaea title.

Unless your IP originates from Asia, you're fine.
Edit: From the "Games stolen from you" thread:
Great, thanks.

How did you manage that? Games offline, no storepage anymore. And that news is from 09.2013. You activated your game in 06.2014.
Are there people storing the games in their inventory that long? That must have been tough to find.
Congrats. Are you gonna play it though? Ah, who am I kidding :p

Also, your avatar is the best yet! Almost couldn't tell it's her.

JaseC

Great, thanks.

How did you manage that? Games offline, no storepage anymore. And that news is from 09.2013. You activated your game in 06.2014.
Are there people storing the games in their inventory that long? That must have been tough to find.
Congrats. Are you gonna play it though? Ah, who am I kidding :p

OoW: Challenge had a retail release in Eastern Europe and I bought (what was at the time the) last key on Plati.ru.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I really loved FATE and FATE: Undiscovered Realms and their Steam releases with achievements and all the latest patches rolled right in.

Does anyone know if Wild Tangent is planning on releasing FATE: The Traitor Soul and/or FATE: The Cursed King on Steam?

Khronico

So I really loved FATE and FATE: Undiscovered Realms and their Steam releases with achievements and all the latest patches rolled right in.

Does anyone know if Wild Tangent is planning on releasing FATE: The Traitor Soul and/or FATE: The Cursed King on Steam?

WAIT FATE IS ON STEAM? I didn't even see it! The original Fate with UR was my bread and butter back in the day. I must've spent several hundred hours playing that game.

Mono

If asinine decisions were a universal currency, Squeenix would reign supreme.

For sure!

That's a horribly shitty thing for them to do! Is the game multiplayer only or something? That's still completely unacceptable, but at least it would make more sense. I bet it's perfectly legal through Steam's "you don't actually own these games and we can do whatever we want" TOS, but come on Squeenix.

Jawmuncher

I actually liked Armageddon for what it was.
RF sure is a weird franchise though all of the games did whatever the hell they wanted.

Though my order of liking them

RF2
RF1
Guerilla
Armageddon

Those FPS RF games were so much fun. RF1 is better than half life 1 in my book since they're similar FPSs

JaseC

For sure!

That's a horribly shitty thing for them to do! Is the game multiplayer only or something? That's still completely unacceptable, but at least it would make more sense. I bet it's perfectly legal through Steam's "you don't actually own these games and we can do whatever we want" TOS, but come on Squeenix.

Yeah, Challenge is MP-only. God knows why Squeenix thought it'd be a good idea to essentially steal a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom