• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

Was just checking out the show your gaming setup thread and it has become exceedingly obvious that I need to get a new headphone stand.

5040013696624p

I could eat those headphones

dokish

Banned
Steam is driving me crazy, need help.

Currently living in Korea and I cannot pay things through Paypal because it says I'm not living in the place assigned as the 'Billing Address'. I look for a place in my profile so I could change to Brazil or something, but it seems a ip thing. How can I correct this?

Yes, someone in Brazil pays my gaming expenses :(

Sarcasm

A question about those who use family library share. My wife uses my desktop to play and she wants to pay skyrim.

Now I play it with mods, will this be an issue for her since she is going to play vanilla (as in no mods)?

Does it have it own inference since she is playing on her account? Or do I need to get rid of mods?

Mono

I finally finished AC4 with 60%. What a boring game. I hope Unity is not near to that.

From what I've heard, the only good thing about it are the naval parts, so if you don't like those you're screwed. I really want to try AC4 out, even though I've heard mixed things about it! The only game I've played in the series was AC1.

Toki767

From what I've heard, the only good thing about it are the naval parts, so if you don't like those you're screwed. I really want to try AC4 out, even though I've heard mixed things about it! The only game I've played in the series was AC1.

At least play 2 or Brotherhood.

They're definitely saying all the right things with regards to Unity though. I'll believe it when it comes out. After 3, they've lost my faith. That thing felt like a chore to play.

Sharkiller

I love naval games like Sid Meier's and others with trade. But in AC4 are really dumb and boring. All naval wars are very repetitive and slow. Is like playing pokemon and the random fights in the grass are 3 or 4 minutes long with no skip. I hated every time I needed to go to my Jackdaw for a new island or to swim. All is slow in the water, looks really well and achieved but really boring. I prefer 10000 times a really big map to run and a lot of cities. I only finished it for the history. The only AC game I didnt like.

Mono

I just found about about this game! Looks pretty interesting and is coming to Steam, I guess?

At least play 2 or Brotherhood.

They're definitely saying all the right things with regards to Unity though. I'll believe it when it comes out. After 3, they've lost my faith. That thing felt like a chore to play.

Anything to fix the cheesed comboing of AC1! I guess I should play AC2 first since Brotherhood comes afterwards. Will I not miss anything by skipping the third one?

A love naval games like sid meiers and others with trade. But in AC4 are really dumb and boring. All naval wars are very repetitive and slow. Is like playing pokemon and the random fights in the grass are 3 or 4 minutes long with no skip. I hated every time I needed to go to my Jackdaw for a new island or to swim. All is slow in the water, looks really well and achieved but really boring. I prefer 10000 times a really big map to run and a lot of cities.

That's a shame! :( Maybe I should skip out on AC4, too. I like Assassin's Creed for running around and climbing buildings.

Shadownet

Banned
I finally booted up the Robin Hood game. But it's unplayable. everything is so choppy. I feel like my PC is a 15 years old laptop.

Apparently is a Windows 8 problem. no fix yet. :(
Guess I can't play my childhood game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The last boss in dead space 2 is all kinds of terrible.

why do good games have bad bosses and vice versa?

The dude who is just a rehash of a boss from the first game? Yeah, it was lame recycling of an idea that was okay to use once. When he shows up in 2 it's eye-rolling because you know the drill.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
A question about those who use family library share. My wife uses my desktop to play and she wants to pay skyrim.

Now I play it with mods, will this be an issue for her since she is going to play vanilla (as in no mods)?

Does it have it own inference since she is playing on her account? Or do I need to get rid of mods?

If she's playing on your installation of Skyrim, she'll get all of your mods unless you disable them. You can disable them from the 'Data Files' choice on the Skyrim launcher.

If you've done any ini tweaking, you'll have to untweak those before hand too.

Oh! You could actually just make a separate vanilla installation for her as well. That might be easiest, though both installations will probably share save locations and ini files in the documents folder. How you go about making a separate vanilla install could be tricky, though. Copying your installation and pruning the mods from her version would probably be safest for your install.

Nete

I'm officially in love with this game. Its still in early acces (it went out of Alpha at mid June) and some big features aren't implemented yet, but even on its current beta state Door Kickers is just fantastic.

The game is a CQC tactical simulator with a top 2D prespective, commanding a SWAT team in diverse missions (hostile hunt, hostage rescue, stop execution, bomb defusal, arrest a baddie, VIP protection...) using an order system that let you play in two different ways. One is what I call "Rainbow Six Mission Planner: The Game", where you draw the entire attacking plan before the mission and let the AI to (try to) complete it. Can be replayed or modified as much as you want, adapting or improving it for the next attempts. The other is micromanaging directly your strike team in pausable real time, which transforms the game in something more like the old SWAT 2. This last way looks fun, but to be honest I haven't even tested it. I'm the goddam John Clark, not Ding Chavez.

http://a.pomf.se/ihwjeb.webm
Example of planning and execution of one of the first and easiest missions

The game gives you an enormous freedom in how to complete each mission. From your agents and their equipment (tons of assault rifles, submachineguns, pistols, shotguns, armors, support gear, grenades) to how you will face each map or room (one or multiple entry points, coordinated assaults from different sides, sniper support, use of special gear as flashbangs or breaching charges...). When you test a plan in maps like this one and it works without casualties, is SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL you want to cry.

Also, each mission has all the target locations (baddies, hostages...) random in each attempt so you never know exactly what to expect, something that makes the "R6MP:TG" way even more challenging and rewarding when you succeed. There is some progression too, with your agents getting XP with each mission they complete and improving things as aim or movility, although they will perma-die if you don't replay a completed mission with casualties. You also get XP as a team, unlocking extra agent roles (assaulter, breacher, stealth, shield) and doctrines, which let specialize your team in certain aspects.

The game right now has 68 missions and a random mission generator. A campaign (with, I think, lot of randomization) is on the works, as well a proper mission editor, an improved random mission generator and more. It already has Workshop support, with tons of mods. The finished game is expected by the end of the year.

Knurek

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-0EF054867188FABF - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-9B3478575F7358CE - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Kairo -- MB-ADE83CDAD57E56BA - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

t1407652497z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I liked the Jace&Co film critic hour, but it does have a connection to gaming. We are increasingly at a point were critiscm is as nuanced as film critism. Though, from reading most gaming press that's not the case. I think most gaming sites suffer from Pitchfork syndrome.

don't get my started on publishing side of things because I can rant about that forever. Most of your favorite sites rely on old bean counters.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just played The Wolf Among Us, and it's fantastic. The setting is pretty cool, and I had no idea what it was about before starting it. Loved it. The plot was great, and the writing, as was the case with every other Telltale game I've played, is really nice. Not to mention the incredible art style, which I love.

It was much shorter than The Walking Dead season 1 (8 hours), and it had a few glitches, like a dollar bill being stuck in Wolf's hand and getting almost every choice with the text "This choice is blank!" twice (took a screenshot of it, but I'm going to upload it -along with all the others- at a later time, as I'm pretty tired right now). And I'm probably stupid or something, but I couldn't understand what the very ending meant. But yeah, the game made me reflect upon my own actions and morality, despite not going as far with it as I thought it would at some point. So good.

I feel like reading the comics now.

Mono

Finally beat the Demon Lord for the first time in One Way Heroics! I finally started getting the hang of the game when I realized that you absolutely have to use the items you get along the way and can't hoard them for later, because there is no later in this game. Though it is good to save your big class ability for the final battle, I've found.

Really satisfying and fun game!!

Ban Puncher

Oooooh, I got an USFIV booster.

Do I sell it for $1.26 or do I unpack? It could have foils! It could have regular shit worth much less!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom