• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Great, now there's even more time to officially change the name of the game to Hotline Miami 3: Wrong Number, as it should have been titled in the first place. ;)

You meant Hotline Miami 3: (310) 205-0618
(Not her phone, obviously you can't find something like that, her publicity agency though should do).

Dr Dogg

How flipping ridiculous is this. I spent the better half or yesterday afternoon and evening search for a Social Chest in Black Flag and got nothing. I fire the game up when I just got in and poof the second island I hop to there's one right there *grrrrrr*. Well there's that out of the way now.

Thanks to the generous gift from a frosty gaffer, I was able to play through Transistor today, so here are some impressions:

Hahaha well looks like you didn't have to wait long to experience it first hand.

I really must get back to it now that my idling journey is now over. One thing I did like about the way the character info from Functions only shows when you use it in each of the 3 capacities (active, enhanced and passive) to full fill out the profile so in effect it encourages experimentation. One gripe I am having so far is the enemy numbers are a bit thin unless you try the various Tests so trying to find your favourite combo of functions is a bit of a pain not to mention finding a terminal to swap them around. How long did it take you in the end and have/are you planning a new game+ playthrough if you don't mind me asking?

Vuze

Just came across this. http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/
ss_15acb0576e0a817182d6be82e4fa8bcf42da55d2.1920x1080.jpg

Can I have that Shiba model in Skyrim please?

Yakkue

When it came to the story and such we definitely have different opinions. I liked it staying vague and not answering to much. Also enjoyed that the game was pretty straightforward in terms of exploration. Though overall we both enjoyed it so that's what matters in my book. Thanks for the impressions.

I didn't really mind that it stayed so vague, after all it's fun to think about the story after playing the game. Just can't help but want to know a bit more :)

Hahaha well looks like you didn't have to wait long to experience it first hand.

I really must get back to it now that my idling journey is now over. One thing I did like about the way the character info from Functions only shows when you use it in each of the 3 capacities (active, enhanced and passive) to full fill out the profile so in effect it encourages experimentation. One gripe I am having so far is the enemy numbers are a bit thin unless you try the various Tests so trying to find your favourite combo of functions is a bit of a pain not to mention finding a terminal to swap them around. How long did it take you in the end and have/are you planning a new game+ playthrough if you don't mind me asking?

It took me about 7 hours, but that's not saying much. I have people on my friendslist who finished it after 4 hours. I plan to play through it again and look for things I might have missed after I bought an actual pc, since it made my notebook run quite hot.

Deitus

Yup! I'm not sure if I can stand that much FPS zombies at once tho (Dying Light February, Dead Island 2 Spring) so I hope the latter gets delayed :p

Especially considering Dying Light is basically a spiritual successor to Dead Island (same developer), it's hard to be excited about Dead Island 2 releasing at the same time.

Then again, I barely got anywhere in Dead Island 1, so I'm still not sure if I want either a sequel or a spiritual successor. But DI1 did have some interesting ideas that I would like to see fleshed out in a better overall game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure that's not the real sierra twitter account, guys =p

I'm going to hope this is right because only having two tweets is sort of suspicious to begin with, along with not having the official twitter status next to its name.

Today is my Birthday

Happy birthday!

Just came across this. http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/

Can I have that Shiba model in Skyrim please?

Replace the spider models with shibas and the dragon models with this:

and I'd play it.

Lomax

Civ V Complete is $10 at GMG with coupon, cheapest it has been (or $12.50 using credit). Though at this point is there anyone left who doesn't have at least the base game? Still a good deal if you don't have any of the expansions.

Edit: Price on one page shows the discount but on another it doesn't, not sure if it's actually on sale or not.

Looks like they fixed it so only the base game is on sale which is pretty pointless. Ah well.

Got all achievements in Scribblenauts Unlimited (my 10th perfect game).

scribblenautsnkjgl.png

Pretty basic achievements essentially requiring you to 100% the game and try out the user created content a bit. Still it's a fun game to mess around in short burts. The basic concept "write anything and it comes to life" remains cool.

Congrads. I need to come back to that game.

A subsidiary of the biggest games publisher in the world is hosting a kickstarter?

Fuck off.

It sounds like a bad idea but I'll see them out. If they come out and say "According to all our metrics, a new Kings Quest, Artic Fox, Willy Beamish, Planet Fall, Zork, Laura Bow, or SWAT, or whatever would flop. However if we have X number of Kickstarter backer who are preordering, we will take a chance."

I know many hate this but I understand it. Just because its Activision, it isn't a solid entity acting as one. This could be a small team within Activision that needs evidence to get the resources to do this. Big companies get to be big companies by backing sure bets and avoiding loss. If this ends up being, "here is a game we would normally make anyway, back us because we like money" then no way.

Grief.exe

It sounds like a bad idea but I'll see them out. If they come out and say "According to all our metrics, a new Kings Quest, Artic Fox, Willy Beamish, Planet Fall, Zork, Laura Bow, or SWAT, or whatever would flop. However if we have X number of Kickstarter backer who are preordering, we will take a chance."

I know many hate this but I understand it. Just because its Activision, it isn't a solid entity acting as one. This could be a small team within Activision that needs evidence to get the resources to do this. Big companies get to be big companies by backing sure bets and avoiding loss. If this ends up being, "here is a game we would normally make anyway, back us because we like money" then no way.

I'd rather see a game made that may have been on shaky ground from a publisher's point of view then not made at all.

Even just used as a sounding board for more creative ideas from a team, then the publisher can match funding.

I managed to enter in the beta, so here's my extra code. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cyberquake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher: Adventure Game (GOG) -- MB-2B69206FB5DB950F - Taken by crazyrabbits

MUnited83

For you.
Nice, Bus Driver and Trucks & Trailers 80%off

Btw, what is the opinion here on Concursion? I have a 50% coupon that stacks with the current discount so I may pick it up.

dot

Jawmuncher

Mini Metro is 6.99€ on Steam but only $3.99 on the website. Could anyone here buy it for me there in exchange for a ~4€ game on Steam (only place I have money at the moment)?
Edit: nvm, bought it on Steam anyway. Couldn't hold myself.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you have a 50% off coupon for Concursion, it stacks with the current 50% off on the weeklong deal for the game, making it $2.49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom