• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

UPS is the worst fucking awful shitty stupid disgusting company in the world.
Had my Oculus Rift due for delivery yesterday, but somehow they totally forgot me and it was gonna get delivered today.
Almost all day go without anything, so I call them; "it will be delivered to you in 40 minutes", ok I wait.
Nothing arrives, I call them again "it will be delivered on monday".

WHAT THE FFOERKOFIJEWRIOFGJWEROIGJWE.

Now I need to release my anger and whip some asses hard, let's go, who's up for Speedrunners?
Can't you just go pick it up? I did that when they would only deliver my Wii U during my work hours.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up since it's been asked for quite a bit. I've updated Idle Master so that you can now blacklist games from being idled.

https://github.com/jshackles/idle_master

If you want to exclude a game from being idled by Idle Master, simply put that game's appID in the blacklist.txt file (one appID per line). When Idle Master is determining which games you need to idle for, it'll skip over those (and tell you as such in the log).

I don't trust UPS to the point where it's like...if I miss the delivery once, I will call them and ask if I can pick it up at night before they close.

If you have a UPS store near you you can go and pick it up. I had to do that a few times because of their back and forth on delivery time.

Problem is that it's a 1 hour drive from here, so two hours just to go there and back :(
Never had anything like this happen, how do UPS still get customers?

Divius

ky7vwb1.png

Oh yes !

D6ut0ve.png

OH GOD ,YES !

MBRDYEk.png

g1rjnVu.gif

WHY ? :(
kijken kijken maar niet kopen

edit: I just realized I quoted something from a bunch of pages back, oops.

Because the people receiving the packages generally aren't their customers.

Seriously, though, I rarely have issue with them. My big complaint is that they often toss stuff onto my doorstep and either A.) run off without knocking or ringing the bell or B.) do a stealth knock and then run off.

Zeknurn

Had my Oculus Rift due for delivery yesterday, but somehow they totally forgot me and it was gonna get delivered today.
Almost all day go without anything, so I call them; "it will be delivered to you in 40 minutes", ok I wait.

Now I need to release my anger and whip some asses hard, let's go, who's up for Speedrunners?

I got mine on Tuesday and the UPS guy showed up just after noon even though the website said to expect an end of day delivery. What I'm saying is maybe you live in an inferior part of Sweden.

Also, all this Speedrunners action makes me regret not buying Speedrunners last time it was on sale.

I don't trust UPS to the point where it's like...if I miss the delivery once, I will call them and ask if I can pick it up at night before they close.

This is what I do. One time I was waiting all day for a package and get an email saying it was delivered. dafuq? Go search around outside to find they put the package BEHIND my trashcan next to my house with no tag telling me where the fuck to find it.

Nice guys.

I've got new moves to show you.

you are already dead.

Yea I had a bad experience with them recently, them delivering it to a wrong house (addresses weren't even close). After about a week, my mailman rang my doorbell to tell me he saw my package outside that house sitting there for a while, but he couldn't touch it since it was a UPS delivery.

I got mine on Tuesday and the UPS guy showed up just after noon even though the website said to expect an end of day delivery. What I'm saying is maybe you live in an inferior part of Sweden.

Also, all this Speedrunners action makes me regret not buying Speedrunners last time it was on sale.

Ditto - I remain forever hopeful that I'll win it in a giveaway though!

It's still on sale, but only for 40% off
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/speedrunners/

Well worth it though, you wont regret it

Lomax

Problem is that it's a 1 hour drive from here, so two hours just to go there and back :(

These days in the US, like 90% of stuff that gets sent by "UPS" ends up dropped by them into a mail box a couple cities away and then you have to wait at least two days for the post office to finally deliver it. I used to buy everything from NewEgg and could get it overnight or two days at the most, now I buy nothing from there because it will take so long to get to me. The whole shipping industry is so screwed up now it isn't even funny.

Haha, I live just one hour west of Västerås, the UPS centre :(
Now, go and be ashamed for not owning Speedrunners!

Twitch Stream starting up in a minute!
http://www.twitch.tv/dunderhassan/

You'll be excited to hear there is a
giant stalker monster than can turn invisible
in Evil Within. He's one of the
four known 'Stalker' enemies.

Believed to be him, but not confirmed if its this guy yet (there was an old 4chan leak before Evil Within was officially revealed that talked about the game, it said the game had a
city with a giant octopus-like monster that can turn invisible
, this is believed to maybe be him):

character-shigyo.jpg

That page on Rakuten website actually has some pics I hadn't seen before. Thanks for posting that.

Nzyme32

Speaking of mods, has anyone here tried the Deus Ex Nihilum mod yet? Slightly alternate-universe DX prequel (the character you're playing is supposed to be UNATCO's first nanoaugmented agent, but he's not Paul Denton.) It's apparently won some awards and the screenshots look pretty impressive for a Deus Ex 1 mod. Figured it was worth mentioning now, what with Deus Ex GOTY Ed. being in a bundle and all. : )

Love to hear some impressions from someone who's messed with it.

I'm going to attempt to play through this when I have chance next month, looks great and sounds great but never got round to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
even tho he tries to make people play terrible mmos, Lash is alright...I guess? he's ok. kinda. I'd give Lashman a 6.7/10, maybe a 6.8.

Zizbuka

Banned

A lot of time UPS will had the package over to the local post office, of course delaying it even further. It's like caterpillar mail hands it off to snail mail.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
even tho he tries to make people play terrible mmos, lash is alright...I guess? he's ok. kinda. I'd give lashman a 6.7/10, maybe a 6.8.

no, I'm not ... stop lying to people!! ;)

also, I'd personally give Rhaknar 9.98/10 - GOTY, BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!! ;)

have you seen Rhaknar?!? ;)

Jawmuncher

I actually had far more fun in my NG+ play through as an action game.

His comment and your comment from yesterday is definitely making me interested about NG+. Since I've heard first Playthrough is better with planning while the second is more enjoyable as action since you have access to everything.

Zizbuka

Banned
I swear yesterday I had this awesome feature in Steam; I could view by category in grid view. Now it's gone. Did Microsoft buy Valve?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no, I'm not ... stop lying to people!! ;)

for an Early Access gaf user youre ok, room for improvement, some annoying bugs, some bad design decisions, but overall an ok product

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
for an Early Access gaf user youre ok, room for improvement, some annoying bugs, some bad design decisions, but overall an ok product

not gonna happen ... I've been abandoned and the devs ran away with all the money ;)

Rhaknar

why the flying fuck is Blackbay Asylum 20€? o_O these devs need to start taking a good hard look at their indie prices

gots to wait for Dusk to buy it I guess, since he is obligated by law to buy every horror game on steam, and post some impressions which I will then wait for a 75% sale to use >_>

C4rter

With all those cards from Idle Master I'm asking myself, is there any extension known that enables a button for each card that says "Sell card for current lowest price" and automates this process. Not for all the cards (that would be awesome) but at least for one card at a time.

Hugstable

Banned
Well putting both Daud dlcs together, it honestly feels like another campaign of comparable length to the original, probably a little shorter but there are some really good levels in the dlcs, it'd take a fair while to do everything and explore everywhere, then there's also the low/high chaos variants...

Dishonored DLC campaign is just slightly shorter than the Dishonored main game.

Wooooah! So I got quite a bit of Dishonored still to enjoy!? Really hyped!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
With all those cards from Idle Master I'm asking myself, is there any extension known that enables a button for each card that says "Sell card for current lowest price" and automates this process. Not for all the cards (that would be awesome) but at least for one card at a time.

I think I've seen some extensions that do this sort of thing, but keep in mind it's against the SSA (Steam Subscriber Agreement) to automate any part of the Steam marketplace, so beware.

Parsnip

Oh, Ultra SF4 is almost here, might as well use my gmg credit on that.
And I guess I should probably try to fix my pad before it comes out too, and get my Ibuki and Dan ready (to be slaughtered).

Have they patched the AE lately? I remember there were some issues after the initial g4wl removal, but haven't followed it since then.

C4rter

I think I've seen some extensions that do this sort of thing, but keep in mind it's against the SSA (Steam Subscriber Agreement) to automate any part of the Steam marketplace, so beware.

Oh okay, I did not know that. Before I risk banning my account with such nonsense I do the dirty work myself and click, and type, and click, and click... Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom