• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont understand some bundle decisions. For example, what were they thinking pricing the latest humble BTA at $15. Why is The Last Federation supposed to be a "big deal" (at least bundle wise) to justify a $15 BTA instead of $10 for example. it looks fine, but its just another indie space game in a sea of other indie (and not indie) space games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...I wonder how long it'll take for a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy game to show up.

That's actually an interesting question, given Disney's disinterest in video games that aren't Infinity. I suppose it depends on whether or not WB thinks it'd be worthwhile.

Kanhir

TAKE MY THINGS.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanhir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Thief Gold -- MB-78CCD75C39744F3F
Cosmic DJ -- MB-99FF86054C6537BB - Taken by Ozium

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Radium -- MB-55E02AA650ED3852 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Yelaxot Full -- MB-3EF2C246927E826C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-E6BBC1447542A567 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
A New Beginning - Final Cut -- MB-D215C2B8DA0F929C - Taken by Gurthang
Echo of the Wilds -- MB-11B81439B24BBF26 - Taken by factorone
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-D1A2999227CA9678 - Taken by Kanhir

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Fox318, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator -- MB-A68F6D0C3BCCCDCB - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 8 entrants total.
Bridge It Plus -- MB-BC60F6B3315C2DD5 - Taken by danhese007. 5 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-138D043046520369 - Taken by lukiluk. 2 entrants total.
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition -- MB-E5C503CE40C08034 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Airport Simulator 2014 -- MB-C7A9F8EFB245BFC0 - Taken by Egamer. 3 entrants total.
Roller Coaster Rampage -- MB-1790616339C6E73C - Taken by Jmanunknown. 2 entrants total.
Skyscraper Simulator Steam Key -- MB-3B21626151E17E2F - Taken by Dutch Patriot. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.
Trainz: Murchison 2 -- MB-A0F25067DF94BBEE
Trainz: Classic Cabon City -- MB-4CF28B4A8EFB8875 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-4B63C04F9A59358C - Taken by drakaenae. 7 entrants total.
Trainz: Settle & Carlisle -- MB-8A47ED37D106A87A - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-A8B778316BF53919 - Taken by diablogod. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Freddi Fish 2 The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406921602z1.png

So on the UK humble store LA Cops is only $8.99 instead of £8.99 so I picked up a copy for my self and one for the thread <3!

YiiPYRE.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LA Cops -- MB-A08E1CA7A3ECEFCC - Taken by RS4-. 30 entrants total.

t1406918965z1.png

good luck!

JaseC

Fuck me. Why is it that? is it because Lucasarts/Disney published them? I see that Lego Marvel was WB so i'm guessing that's the reason why the Indy/Star Wars don't get price drops.

Fucking disney. I've also been waiting for price drops on the Monkey Island remakes, dammit.

It simply boils down to the fact that Disney earns too much money through film production, merchandising and licensing for it to give a shit about video games. Infinity is the obvious exception because it blew up and turned into a billion-dollar franchise... as it's the perfect platform for Disney to leverage its merchandising due to the NFC element. I'm hoping that, once Valve moves to a Google Playesque system, someone at Disney will make the few-click effort to send the digital versions of its games it sends Amazon to Steam, but I'm not expecting it.

Just got an email from Ubisoft with the subject of 'Help us improve the next Watch_Dogs game'. Yeah that's opening a can of worms right there Ubisoft asking me that. I guess that means Watch_Dogs 2 is gearing up then.

Edit: Ha! Was pretty generic survey but when it asked me what platform I played Watch_Dogs on as soon as I clicked PC it immediately stopped and came up with a messages 'Sorry you are not eligible for this survey'. Gee I wonder why?

I actually had far more fun in my NG+ play through as an action game.

I didn't think it worked very well as an "action" game.
From my experience with the game, I would compare playing Transistor without planning phases to Fallout 3/NV without VATS. You can do it, but the developer obviously intended you to use it as a core gameplay mechanic and the game doesn't feel quite right without it because it wasn't designed to be played without it.

And this kind of thing is why I'm terrified that DR3 is going to suck for me, because I want to play it as a true DR game with clock enabled and all... and I'm pretty sure the core of the game wasn't designed around it, so it won't be as good of a game as if I was okay with playing it as the develoepr intended.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It simply boils down to the fact that Disney earns too much money through film production, merchandising and licensing for it to give a shit about video games. Infinity is the obvious exception because it blew up and turned into a billion-dollar franchise... as it's the perfect platform for Disney to leverage its merchandising due to the NFC element. I'm hoping that, once Valve moves to a Google Playesque system, someone at Disney will make the few-click effort to send the digital versions of its games it sends Amazon to Steam, but I'm not expecting it.

"What's steam?" ~Disney execs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Q.U.B.E. -- MB-C21CCA5431A06D8A - Taken by DarkMehm
Strike Suit Infinity -- MB-E7E9B44D5A4BDAAB - Taken by Divius
Velocity Ultra -- MB-5BF1E3E1E246249B - Taken by Shalashaska

giveaway overload all of a sudden

Rhaknar

I believe that Q.U.B.E is in fact vanilla qube, which isnt for sale anymore, making it...rare? I guess?

JaseC

I believe that Q.U.B.E is in fact vanilla qube, which isnt for sale anymore, making it...rare? I guess?

QUBE has been bundled a few times now. To put this in perspective, it's possible to find copies of Cryostasis for less than 10 keys and it was only bundled once.

Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
survival panic
(Today, 02:34 AM)

I detect a hint of bias.

You got me.

Yeah that would be so awesome! How's the Telltale one, playable?

I enjoyed it. It's not perfect but if put it on par with the 90s comic books which were just fun. Game plays like a lighter version of heavy rain since it's all pretty much QTE based aside from a puzzle here and there. I had no issue with it on 360 and I got it to work on PC just fine. While others had issues. I'd say if you see it in the camp of 5 dollars you should grab it.

That would be amazing. And given the new movie coming, seems somewhat possible as well.

Thus far since 1993 we've gotten at least 1 jurassic park game per gen. If this gens JP game was Lego JP id have no complaints.

Grief.exe

His comment and your comment from yesterday is definitely making me interested about NG+. Since I've heard first Playthrough is better with planning while the second is more enjoyable as action since you have access to everything.

One of the biggest criticisms you can levy at Transistor is the rate of progression early on.
Super Giant trickles in the abilities all the way until nearly the end of the game when they dump them on you. Giving the player more choices nearer to the beginning of the game would have been appreciated.

Rhaknar

QUBE has been bundled a few times now. To put this in perspective, it's possible to find copies of Cryostasis for less than 10 keys and it was only bundled once.

im not saying to sell it, just that its nice to have in your account if youre into that kind of thing assuming the bundled ones will be the directors cut from now on (im surprised this isnt)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
My Steam profile is proudly saying I've played quite a lot of hours in the past 2 weeks. Hahaha yeah, no that's not really the case. To be fair at this rate of my drops I probably will have the maximum 336 hours until I got everything.

That's the one thing I hate about idling for card money. If only Valve would let users reset time spent in-game.

I can't wait till we can stream something people would actually watch rather than just switch tabs and listen to.

To be fair, I watched the ending of 2 last night just to see what it was. Watching the rest of the ending on youtube wasn't worth the effort of searching for it :/

why the flying fuck is Blackbay Asylum 20€? o_O these devs need to start taking a good hard look at their indie prices

gots to wait for Dusk to buy it I guess, since he is obligated by law to buy every horror game on steam, and post some impressions which I will then wait for a 75% sale to use >_>

I was expecting $9.99 at most.

Oh well, it wasn't like I was going to buy it on release anyway :p

JaseC

im not saying to sell it, just that its nice to have in your account if youre into that kind of thing assuming the bundled ones will be the directors cut from now on (im surprised this isnt)

My point is that it won't be rare. Just like Cryostasis isn't all that rare.

Tellaerin

Epigenesis is out of Early Access and now includes HATS.

Fuck yes.

Space Basketball baby

Hats don't matter to me one way or the other, but if people are actually playing it now, I may go ahead and install it to mess around when I find the time.

Ozium

Hats don't matter to me one way or the other, but if people are actually playing it now, I may go ahead and install it to mess around when I find the time.

HATS!

We should set up a GAF game night for epigenesis, I'm sure enough people have it from bundles...

Start up the game during the launch weekend and get the exclusive Trench Insignia skin for Omani and Argos! The Insignia skin is a sign of your support for Epigenesis and will only be available on selected events. The Trench Insignia skin is available to players who start up the game during the launch weekend, ending on Sunday the 3rd of August at 24:00 CEST. Access the skin from the Skin Manager in the Main Menu.

Complete daily missions and earn Mission Points to spend in the store! Get some swag for your favourite team and show it off in-game! No micro-transactions, only cool hats.

MRORANGE

OT should be up between now and when we start. Still trying to figure out what to write. I'm a terrible wordsmith.

- usual games on rota
- nights on when games are occurring
- who is in charge of each region (Hosting games for continent)
- link to steam group
- how to participate
- sever details

that should be enough, you might want to do a google spreadsheet for timetabled games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom