• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't spray, don't jump, always check your corners. :p Thats all you need to write.

Jumping was actually a valid tactic prior to GO as it'd essentially break the hitboxes such that any shot would be registered as a leg shot.

Edit: Save for the head, of course. The GoldSrc versions of CS have it best in that tapping crouch causes your player model to "hop". This was fixed for Source, but the hitbox amalgamation that jumping causes was not.

Edit edit: Uh, oops, used the past tense to refer to <1.6. In my defence, the game's practically dead here, haha.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Jumping was actually a valid tactic prior to GO as it'd essentially break the hitboxes such that any shot would be registered as a leg shot.

Edit: Save for the head, of course. The GoldSrc versions of CS had it best in that tapping crouch would cause your player model to "hop". This was fixed for Source, but the hitbox amalgamation that jumping caused was not.

There is definitely a learning curve for people (like me) who are used to 1.6/Source.

if a freedom = $1.05 and a key is $2 and it takes 8.33 ref to make a key then

you owe him about 4.11 ref

well, as soon as the gentleman lets me try his nice $100 card ill gladly tell him it's not working and then preorder Arkham Knight and Dead Rising 3 and awww shit ive said too much.

Phinor

Didn't notice there was an Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack until I had already purchased the base game, is the DLC any good?

Well they contain more maps, weapons and other stuff. Basically more of the same and roughly at the same level of quality as the base game. Easy to recommend to anyone who likes OMD/OMD 2, but it's a tough decision since you only just bought the base game. This game goes on sale quite often so if you aren't planning on rushing through the base game, might as well wait and buy the DLC from next sale.

Ozium

le cops was $8.99 on humble store earlier! Not sure if it was a mistake!

I know I saw your giveaway (and lost lol) just as it was ending so I went to the humble store and it is up for 11.99, same price as on Steam.. :/

I can't use traders right now because I'm amassing my refined metal and don't want to turn them into keys because I plan to be a TF2 Metal Baron and I don't know any reliable sources to get keys for $2

Khronico

Well, I woke up this morning to a dead laptop. I left it on over night and apparently the cpu got fried or something, I'm getting a caps lock light sequence of 1 per 3 seconds (which according to the hp website is cpu failure). The only thing I can do now is retrieve the hard drive and hope I didn't lose any data. Won't be playing any pc games any time soon. The good thing is I don't have any excuse now, so I'm gonna upgrade to a much higher end laptop that can actually play games haha.

I know I saw your giveaway (and lost lol) just as it was ending so I went to the humble store and it is up for 11.99, same price as on Steam.. :/

I can't use traders right now because I'm amassing my refined metal and don't want to turn them into keys because I plan to be a TF2 Metal Baron and I don't know any reliable sources to get keys for $2

try using hola unblocker to get it to UK store! I think it is supposed to be up for £8.99 but it is really $8.99!

JaseC

Sub Zero. I've bought ~90 keys from him over the past week.

I modded New Vegas so much that now the whole lightning engine is broken
Worth the hassle, if you can make the game look like this in the end.
From our own dmix.
8C184AC0EECA57A437C1E8FFCB15C3317CA1B6E2
I think it looks beautiful and reminds me X-COM - The Bureau somehow.

- usual games on rota
- nights on when games are occurring
- who is in charge of each region (Hosting games for continent)
- link to steam group
- how to participate
- sever details

that should be enough, you might want to do a google spreadsheet for timetabled games.

Thanks for your help. I think I got most bases covered.

OT is Up!

Hugstable

Banned

I got a few items you can take (not much at all) but hey you can still smelt them! I think I have like 9 regular drops or so and a few hats if you need so more metals.

Worth the hassle, if you can make the game look like this in the end.
From our own dmix.

I think it looks beautiful and reminds me X-COM - The Bureau somehow.

I must know how to do this. I never really got that far into New Vegas since it ran poorly and looked really ugly. Generally I'm not one to stop playing due to graphics, but vanilla New Vegas was an exception.

Sajjaja

Well, I woke up this morning to a dead laptop. I left it on over night and apparently the cpu got fried or something, I'm getting a caps lock light sequence of 1 per 3 seconds (which according to the hp website is cpu failure). The only thing I can do now is retrieve the hard drive and hope I didn't lose any data. Won't be playing any pc games any time soon. The good thing is I don't have any excuse now, so I'm gonna upgrade to a much higher end laptop that can actually play games haha.

Yup, that's HP for you.

Salsa

the wolf among us is giving me a black screen after initial load. I can see the games cursor tho but nothing else

I'd reinstall but I'm scared of losing saves telltale style

dammit

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
the wolf among us is giving me a black screen after initial load. I can see the games cursor tho but nothing else

dammit

If it makes you feel better your choices are probably meaningless. I mean in TWD S02 I could lose my save after every episode and I probably wouldn't notice a difference.

Manik

Sub Zero. I've bought ~90 keys from him over the past week.

Wait, am I understanding it correctly that Sub Zero is selling TF2 keys for lower than on the market? What is this witchcraft?

And how do I take him up on the offer?

AHA-Lambda

Just got a backer email, Wasteland 2 has slipped to September.

It’s pretty likely that we will slip into the first or second week in September due to fulfillment of the physical goods and discs. We will give an exact date as soon as we know it.

Yakkue

dammit

Did you try changing the resolution? Not sure if that'd work with this game, but worth a try I guess.

Does anyone here play any Steam games on a Surface Pro? I'm trying to figure out which games on Steam will work well on it, like games with support for touch controls. My Nexus 7 died recently and I am thinking about getting a Surface Pro i7. Given that it has integrated graphics, I'm not expecting it to run Witcher 3 on max, but I am curious what games, if any, will play well on it.

Hugstable

Banned
Yup, that's HP for you.

That's been the majority of my experiences with laptops. Worst was dells where my battery on my laptop died out after a year and they tried to charge me 250$ just for a new battery. Love having a nice PC now, fuck laptops lol. My phone has basically become my laptop, except it's a pain to type on it.

Sajjaja

That's been the majority of my experiences with laptops. Worst was dells where my battery on my laptop died out after a year and they tried to charge me 250$ just for a new battery. Love having a nice PC now, fuck laptops lol. My phone has basically become my laptop, except it's a pain to type on it.

Thing is, my laptop died in almost the same way and it was HP. The light on the Caps Lock just started flashing and that was that.

But yeah, Dell and HP Laptops are something to stay away from.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Not ever buying an HP laptop after one that I owned had heat issues similar to rrod.

Thankfully, new gaming laptops like the MSI Ghost and Razer Blade have more toned down aesthetic compared to the ghastly "Gamerz!!!" style of like, say Alienware.

dmix90

I must know how to do this. I never really got that far into New Vegas since it ran poorly and looked really ugly. Generally I'm not one to stop playing due to graphics, but vanilla New Vegas was an exception.
I just downloaded combined to single archive various texture packs from my local torrent tracker. And put this thing on top -> http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55076/?
Beat the game, that was marvelous! Sometimes that looked even better than Far Cry 3.

JaseC

In celebration of a certain something's third birthday (yes, it's what you think it is), here is my only spare copy of Saw:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Saw -- MB-E392B58EC76CC214 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 19 entrants total.

t1406923705z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom