• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

my last trading card for CS:GO just doesn't unlock. even after restarting idle master. I've been waiting another 40 minutes without success

jblank83

Launched steam this morning and its all different looking. Not sure if I like it yet.

That's funny because I had a difficult time noticing it was different. I only noticed it was the new client because of the new, round tray icon. The only other difference I can really tell is that Steam no longer relies on Flash player for screenshots and videos in a game's store page. Oh, there's also a couple of colored buttons here and there, like the "Play" button to start a game from the library page. I think the fonts might have been tweaked a little here and there also, but only a little.

There might be some others, but the interface is largely the same looking. Same old "New Releases / Top Sellers / Coming Soon / Specials" lists. Same old "Today's Deal". Same old "Spotlight" and "Featured" windows.

I'm surprised so many people use the default skin. Why would you do that to yourselves?

I lived through the age of winamp skins so im pretty exhausted by the whole thing. Just give me the plain jane steam and i don't have to worry about it matching up well with my Vampire Hunter D skin that i got off of fileplanet.

I lived through the age of winamp skins so im pretty exhausted by the whole thing. Just given me the plain jane steam and i don't have to worry about it matching up well with my Vampire Hunter D skin that i got off of fileplanet.

Ah, those were the days. I'm with you though. I used to skin anything and everything. Now I can't be bothered.

Komedy

Neo Member
Is there any resource other than having to search in steam that details if a game has trading cards or not, was hoping Steamdb would but not apparent.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I have Origin installed but every time I boot it up to play something it asks me for my password. It can't remember for shit.

I think this is really a problem EA has with increasing Origin purchases. The store lacks the third party variety to draw in more unique users and multiple purchases from the installed base. Some of their popular titles can be found on Steam which is a curious problem.as Steam continues to offer significant enough sales to dissuade making them Origin exclusive.

Agreed. I use Metro and it improves usability so much I can't go back to the default skin.

I prefer the font, the styling, and icons in the default skin.

Lain

I'm surprised so many people use the default skin. Why would you do that to yourselves?

Because I find Air, Metro and PixelVision skins rather unappealing to look at.
On that note, I got it to look about the same as it looked pre-update even with only the Graphics directory backed up. I even tried to mix it up with the new look and it was sorta working, but I don't like how new items like cards in the inbox have white text instead of green with the new update and while taking stab in the darkness I can't figure out what I should change to make the text green for inbox items.

Aw yissss.

ntqyBs3.jpg

Be jealous.

A new hint from a new blog post for that Japanese Action Game Ghostlight just signed:

"Lastly, I’m really pleased to report that we have now officially signed the game that I’ve been hinting at over the last couple of months. Unfortunately we won’t be able to announce it just yet, but do keep your eyes peeled for more information in the coming weeks. Just to remind you all, the game in question is an action title that was originally released on console in Japan, so we’re getting busy with the process of converting the title over to PC for an upcoming release on Steam. More on this soon…"

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A new hint from a new blog post for that Japanese Action Game Ghostlight just signed:

"Lastly, I’m really pleased to report that we have now officially signed the game that I’ve been hinting at over the last couple of months. Unfortunately we won’t be able to announce it just yet, but do keep your eyes peeled for more information in the coming weeks. Just to remind you all, the game in question is an action title that was originally released on console in Japan, so we’re getting busy with the process of converting the title over to PC for an upcoming release on Steam. More on this soon…"

Is it Bayonetta?

Can we start a false rumor to cause chaos on NeoGAF?

Grief.exe

Whats wrong with them? I actually enjoyed NG Sigma on PS3 despite having played Black on Xbox. It felt easier, but didn't make the game worse. No idea about how NG2 and Sigma 2 compare, never played either of them. But i still remember the stupid japanese commercial for Sigma 2 xD
Oh and then there is NG3 ... what a terrible game.

It's technically objectively worse due to the encounter changes, but its effect on your personal experience is entirely subjective.
Depending in your knowledge of the original game, you may not even notice the changes.

baterism

I lived through the age of winamp skins so im pretty exhausted by the whole thing. Just given me the plain jane steam and i don't have to worry about it matching up well with my Vampire Hunter D skin that i got off of fileplanet.

That reminds me, my fav winamp skin is Harvest Moon one. Why there is still no HM skin for steam, or even why there is still no HM game on Steam, bother me.

Arthea

I'm Ok with it, and I don't mind new steam looks including logo either. But then again I rarely care about details, unless in my books or games.

edited: guys, you are mean, talking about NG talk. We are not getting it, don't do this.
even less Bayo

baterism

Onechanbara, is that you?

Athleon

Winamp was a lost cause, it always looked ugly to me whatever the skin.

Skins often offer usability upgrades too, it's not only about looks. Personally I enjoy customizing my desktop experience in general so I don't see it as a hassle.

Arthea

Somehow I am not surprised.

On the matter of the JP action game, do we have a reason to expect a well-known title or it's just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking, of course. They publish smaller, less known games and I even can't remember an action game they published. Have they ever?
yes, I consider SMT smaller

Why does SteamOverlay have Creepy Miku?

2SPOOKY4ME

that's not simply spooky, that looks really bad!

Mega Coin Squad is out, buts 11.99. I don't think i can jump on that when its only local multiplayer. It still looks really fun though, if anyone plays it, mind posting impressions?

Also, i finished the first Frederic game today, and that was one of the more enjoyable games i've discovered through Steam recently. Got some serious Osu/Elite Beat Agents vibes from the tone and style of the game. Solid soundtrack too. Worth picking up if it goes on sale again.

Dr Dogg

Eh I get why some use skins, I'd personally use them if they aided functionality (PixelVision is good for High DPI scaling with fonts for example) but to be honest next to none of them do anything that would add anything for me. So it's browser and Enhanced Steam all the way for me and that's a better end user experience than the client offers, even with Enhanced Steam Standalone bolted on.

Grief.exe

I wish Valve would start throwing their weight around a bit.
Contract with a publisher to jointly fund a console port, help fund an indie game, just further diversify the platform.

She has swords and sabers and gauntlets and other stuff

Good. I would still imagine Platinum would want to handle the port, but they may be too busy with other projects.

Essentially marketing for the WiiU sequel.

is this new?
3VtpDrE.png

the followed tab i mean

Valve is adding in ways to advertise your favorite games on your profile and customize your main store page.

Good chance Valve is adding ways to check on on additions of others.

I suddenly had this thought... what if it's Muramasa!
that would be great

I would take that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom