• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Indiegala Friday Special Bundle
Price: 2.99$
  • Gateways
  • Restaurant Empire II
  • Home Sheep Home 2
  • LogiGun
  • Hero of the Kingdom
  • InFlux
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure
  • Rocketbirds
  • Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse
  • Luna: Shattered Hearts (GL)
  • Wooden floor (GL)
  • Pahelika: Revelations (GL)

Only missing 4 games, and 3 of them are the desura ones. I think this will be a pass for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-ECABCD509C57315E - Taken by Coppanuva. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Pahelika: Revelations (Desura) -- MB-750B7841F1311583 - Taken by Jason Frost
Luna - Shattered Hearts - Ep. 1 -- MB-AD59D4AE4B7FB3D5 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Wooden Floor (Desura) -- MB-CFC067D29C4A768A - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.

t1408125194z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Silent Hills has been weird for me because I've had no idea what platforms it was going to be on until now. It wasn't really clarified at all, other than the teaser being exclusive to PS4. I just assumed it would be PC/PS4/Xbone.

Very curious what this could be. He's the Community Manager for Ghostlight and Laughing Jackal (Agarest, OMG Zombies and upcoming Elminage Gothic).

There's always more room for Japanese games on Steam.

Dr Dogg

I'm assuming SHs is coming to PC, and it's the perfect time to release the old games on Steam.

After looking at what secondhand prices were for 2, 3 and 4 The Room are going for on Ebay a while back I'll be all for it, even if was just a simple cut and shut rip and dump release of the odder titles. Though going from the issues with the HD Collection and the original cast for 2 and royalties I don't think it's a simple process. I've not played the updated versions so I don't know what the new voice acting is like but I've not heard of many if any fans of it.

Good editorial about that.

Great article. I guess part of my problem might also be that these things are a lot more obvious when you play these games in succession: I played AssRev less than a year ago, played through AssCreed 3 in March and now just started AssCreed 4. It's just much more apparent to me now that they really, really aren't even iterating any more so much as changing the setting and adding so very little new stuff to the gameplay department.

It's a shame, really, because the jump between Ass1 and Ass2 was huge and the leap they took from Ass2 to Assbro was also pretty significant. The series could really use a jump like that because, as far as i can gather, Ass4 is tropical ass3 and not in a good way.

"Japanese action game" is like... 99% of Japanese PC games (that aren't Milamber class)

I thought that VNs made up 99% of japanese PC games.

The new voice acting for 2 is better in nearly every way and so is 3 although Heather is a bit flat. 2 and 3 are two of my favorite games but the voice acting in the originals was just terrible, especially Guy Chi. There's a reason none of those people acted in games again. People love the games so much that every aspect has to be considered flawless :p

No lie, I've never actually installed or launched Origin. I have an EA account (from my Bioware Social days), and I use it to plink away at the various free promotions the Origin store has most of the time. I don't think I've spent more than $20 on it, and most of it ($15) was spent on the ME2 and ME3 deluxe editions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The new voice acting for 2 is better in nearly every way and so is 3 although Heather is a bit flat. 2 and 3 are two of my favorite games but the voice acting in the originals was just terrible, especially Guy Chi. There's a reason none of those people acted in games again. People love the games so much that every aspect has to be considered flawless :p

I was about to say the same - as someone who played at loved 2 (but never played the original version of 3) I really liked the voices in the HD remake. Sure at first it was a little jarring - it's the same kind of experience you get when you see one of your favorite actors in a new movie except they have a different/heavy accent. But overall I thought the HD remasters were well done, and I would happily buy them again if they came to Steam.

Wok

Indiegala Friday Special Bundle
Price: 2.99$
  • Gateways
  • Restaurant Empire II
  • Home Sheep Home 2
  • LogiGun
  • Hero of the Kingdom
  • InFlux
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure
  • Rocketbirds
  • Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse
  • Luna: Shattered Hearts (GL)
  • Wooden floor (GL)
  • Pahelika: Revelations (GL)

Decent bundle. Gateways is great. LogiGun is okay. Hamilton is great. I have been wanting to play Home Sheep Home and InFlux.

Edit: I already own InFlux...

JustLynx

My computer is resisting the Steam update, it can't handle the change!

Absolutely, though if you played Witcher 2 be aware that the first one plays a lot differently in terms of combat mechanics and takes some getting used to.

Keys are being removed from DOTA2 and apparently Chinese regulations are the reason. There's some discussion of it on the past few pages of this thread.

thanks i'll look it up

Dr Dogg

First time I saw Mad Max it was the untouched, original version with heavily Australian accents ahoy. Then sometime later I saw the American dub...

Sometimes change is not a good thing.

Also on the subject of Ghostlight, Ross has an account on GAF so you never know he might start teasing here too.

He posts here from time to time. I don't remember if he gave some hints that could help guessing which game it could be.
Anyways, I hope that soonish will really be soon.
I was checking the Ghostlight blog and found these two saying basically the same thing:

"I’d rather not say too much about the unannounced one yet because I know how much you’d all hate it if I gave too much away too quickly :) but I can tell you that whilst it is a Japanese game, it‘s rather different to most of our current catalogue of titles." [18th July]

"Finally we’re still waiting for all the paperwork to be filled in for that unannounced Steam title that I’ve been talking about recently. We’re expecting it to be ready to be announced soon. While it is a Japanese game, it is actually quite different to most of our back catalogue being more of an action game rather than a traditional JRPG." [7th August]

Tizoc

Very curious what this could be. He's the Community Manager for Ghostlight and Laughing Jackal (Agarest, OMG Zombies and upcoming Elminage Gothic).

I got nothing, Ghostlight's list of games they published don't include any action games...unless..
Maken_Shao_-_Demon_Sword_Coverart.jpg

This is available on EU PSN and I believe Ghostlight published it?

saunderez

Do you know what time it is?!?!?!? That's right kids, its bundle crap giveaway time! Grab Gateways because everything else is kinda shitty! (apparently Influx is good too but I totally can't vouch for that).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-3E8B1F4A9E17154F - Taken by KingDirk
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-4B8555A65591D6E1 - Taken by pupo
Gateways -- MB-DC920E11FC936676 - Taken by shackdaddy836
Influx -- MB-E7057E8FCDEE825A - Taken by Purkake4
Dead Bits -- MB-A20BAE82D0A280CD - Taken by drakaenae

Oh shit, missed that it was your birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! One day late... OR just very early?:D

Thanks mate! It's definitely my birthday somewhere right now...just not where I am actually located. So might as well keep celebrating for another 24 hours.....

Jawmuncher

I got nothing, Ghostlight's list of games they published don't include any action games...unless..
Maken_Shao_-_Demon_Sword_Coverart.jpg

This is available on EU PSN and I believe Ghostlight published it?

Was that a launch title or close to it?
The graphics have not aged well at all. It was looking pretty rough.

Anteater

Ninja Gaiden was the first thing that came to mind, but there are many examples.

Aren't those Tecmo Koei IPs though? I'm not really familiar with what Ghostlight do and what they could publish.

I was going to say something like Dragon's Crown but that's Atlus and they already publishes stuff on PC themselves.

tav7623

Rhetorical question here.......who in their right mind (besides a majority of the execs at Konami, who we already know aren't right in the head....see SH HD Collection) would hope/want a game like Silent Hills to become exclusive to a specific console? Me personally I'd be thrilled if the game also managed to see a release on the Wii U and/or last gen systems especially if it (shockingly) manages to live up to the hype.

I hope Silent Hill doesn't come to the Wii U or last gen systems because the game is at least a year, probably 2 or 3 away and doesn't need to be held back. The lighting in the PT demo is probably the most natural kind I've seen in a game.

If they ever bring that series over, it will be the SIgma versions *shudders*
Hopefully they bring back the gore at least, hell even the Vita version of Sigma 2 added it back in to the hilarious detriment of the framerate.

Happy Friday!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-CA1FBC8608A9936B - Taken by -MD-
Isomer -- MB-1F4FEF80B5B56451 - Taken by darkchewie
Enclave Gold Edition -- MB-15108FEC2E247BC8 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Restaurant Empire II -- MB-C79FB23CB61DBA3D - Taken by Diedac
Dream Pinball 3D -- MB-0BB97118D2964F88 - Taken by wagamer
Gateways -- MB-4B9FB07F20FC404E - Taken by Benedict
InFlux -- MB-42215CE57F8D1E30 - Taken by Scipius

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last call on these before I toss them to the Free to a good home thread.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-1A668CA391AD85CF - Taken by bluechox2
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-C771ED4091EE0236 - Taken by arts&crafts
Etherlords II -- MB-DE177D7BDDE144A9 - Taken by drakaenae
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-622E1636835D12D6 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Frozen Hearth -- MB-9674662CC7763EAE - Taken by saunderez

Hugstable

Banned
Lash asked me to post this... I told him that he should have, but whatever:

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefros...r 08.15.2014 - 10.40.26.04.mp4.converted.webm

Which I will happily purchase and enjoy, all while laughing at the pain they seem to bring to gamers like you. :p

heh Zone 3 looks hardcore. Those teleporting purple enemies seem like a pain in the ass also.

Also I always hear people complain about the Sigma version of Ninja Gaiden games, what was so bad about them? Never played either of the Sigma games I've only played NG Black.

MadGear

If they ever bring that series over, it will be the SIgma versions *shudders*

Whats wrong with them? I actually enjoyed NG Sigma on PS3 despite having played Black on Xbox. It felt easier, but didn't make the game worse. No idea about how NG2 and Sigma 2 compare, never played either of them. But i still remember the stupid japanese commercial for Sigma 2 xD
Oh and then there is NG3 ... what a terrible game.

Vlad

I hear people liking the first one. I should get it at some point.

You absolutely should. Check out the Giant Bomb Quick Look of the game. It gives a good idea of what it's about, and doesn't show too much.

The game's got some stealthy elements, and some frantic action moments. You really have to stop and plan how you're going to approach any individual room.. to a point. Once you're through the door, though, things tend to go from zero to insane pretty quickly, and it becomes more of a twitch shooter/brawler experience.

And as everybody else will say about it, it's got a great soundtrack.

saunderez

You absolutely should. Check out the Giant Bomb Quick Look of the game. It gives a good idea of what it's about, and doesn't show too much.

The game's got some stealthy elements, and some frantic action moments. You really have to stop and plan how you're going to approach any individual room.. to a point. Once you're through the door, though, things tend to go from zero to insane pretty quickly, and it becomes more of a twitch shooter/brawler experience.

And as everybody else will say about it, it's got a great soundtrack.

Yeah great game, though I got stuck and haven't been back to it since. I really need to figure out how to get through that room I must be missing something.....

Whats wrong with them? I actually enjoyed NG Sigma on PS3 despite having played Black on Xbox. It felt easier, but didn't make the game worse. No idea about how NG2 and Sigma 2 compare, never played either of them. But i still remember the stupid japanese commercial for Sigma 2 xD
Oh and then there is NG3 ... what a terrible game.

Which I will happily purchase and enjoy, all while laughing at the pain they seem to bring to gamers like you. :p

They fudged around with the encounter design too much because of the PS3's limited RAM. Ninja Gaiden 2 is practically neutered and has way less concurrent enemies and gore than the 360 version. You probably won't care if you never played or heard of the original versions, but it makes me want to kick Hayashit in the nuts.

They fudged around with the encounter design too much because of the PS3's limited RAM. Ninja Gaiden 2 is practically neutered and has way less concurrent enemies and gore than the 360 version. You probably won't care if you never played or heard of the original versions, but it makes me want to kick Hayashit in the nuts.

I do prefer the original x360 version of Sigma 2 in a lot of areas.
I've always hoped they'd release a collection with the option to pick which version you wish to play -- black or sigma, 2 or sigma 2... but just put 3:RE on there and don't give people a choice to play "vanilla" 3.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
No lie, I've never actually installed or launched Origin. I have an EA account (from my Bioware Social days), and I use it to plink away at the various free promotions the Origin store has most of the time. I don't think I've spent more than $20 on it, and most of it ($15) was spent on the ME2 and ME3 deluxe editions.

I was going to install Origin to play DS3 last month, but I forgot my password and couldn't be bothered to retrieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom