• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

Dr Dogg

Oh shit, I forgot I could just plug in my Steam key. Everything showed up perfectly! Thanks for pointing that out!

Hahaha. No worries. I keep on meaning to pest Origin support to get my copy of Mirrors Edge on there so I can finally pick up the Time Trial DLC and never play it. I think that and maybe Crysis 1 are the only EA keys that Origin doesn't like.

Guys, you need to check out this Gamescom preview of Capy's latest game, Below.

Releases in 2015, heavily inspired by Roguelikes and has an amazing artstyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KyPnSAeWyE

Been loving all the updates about Below since PAX. The animations especially are really nice along with the dark and dank atmosphere and as per all Capy games the soundtrack is sounding top notch.

Grief.exe

Anyone want to play some DOTA 2 with me? I'll support you.

From the Below video.

IGN: 'You make Independent games, but what is your favorite AAA game you played at Gamescom?'
Capy: 'Evolve. I love multiplayer FPS games and Evolve is god damn exciting.'

Must have had an amazing Gamescom presence, Evolve really turned heads.

Is that the one that's around 5gb compressed and even larger wen installed?

Was looking through some pages to find screenshots and it seems he has compressed it down significantly.

Flunkie

Banned
What are you arguing? You asked why people played the game, and my answer is that it was free to play (and it has zombies or something, but I thought that was implied for some reason). Why would you be offended by that to reply in such a way?

I'm offended that you're offended.

lousy censored GIFs

lEuaYRk.gif

rtcn63

I'm offended that you're offended.

Okay koala trying to pick a fight because of his dislike of Unturned and trying to play it off. It's fine to have negative opinions, maybe drop a few paragraphs as to why you're in disbelief as to why so many like it. (I could never get into Mass Effect, for example) There's ways of going about. What you did was probably not one of them.

Anteater

seriously i hate those god damn robots and that charging move in mitsurugi, it's hard to tell when the actual hit occurs, sometimes it doesn't even hit you making you miss your stupid counter and it has a follow up uppercut, it's like the biggest troll move in the game, plus there's no reason to block it either when the follow up uppercut goes through block, fuck.

Nabs

Sick of hating for the Steamworks conversion. Dark Souls, here I go.

The first boss is a bitch (GFWL). If you have the patience to deal with it at the start, you'll be just fine. Let us know if you run into any issues, lots of us had to bang our heads against our tables for this.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay koala trying to pick a fight because of his dislike of Unturned and trying to play it off. It's fine to have negative opinions, maybe drop a few paragraphs as to why you're in disbelief as to why so many like it. (I could never get into Mass Effect, for example) There's ways of going about. What you did was probably not one of them.

LOL wut?

Dr Dogg

Sick of hating for the Steamworks conversion. Dark Souls, here I go.

Go to resume game, find save has magically vanished. The real GFWL starts here :p

Only messing it has Steam Cloud support and backs up your save. You can make manual backups with DSFix as well

MUnited83

For you.
If GFWL lets you =p

The first boss is a bitch (GFWL). If you have the patience to deal with it at the start, you'll be just fine. Let us know if you run into any issues, lots of us had to bang our heads against our tables for this.
Starting the game now... let's see if GFWL is having a good day :p
I don't think they're planning on porting it to steamworks anyways, from what I understand GFWL will continue to support Dark Souls for the lifetime of the game.
GFWL is going down, that's for sure. And Namco already patched Ace Combat so patching Dark Souls is a given, as the game is pretty sucessful on PC.

Grief.exe

I kind of want Lost Planet games to get rid of GFWL, been wanting to play those but never did on ps3 since the second game looked and ran like ass.

Lost Planet 1 is already Steamworks.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Steamworks)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition (GFWL)

rtcn63

1- You asked why there were so many active players of Unturned.
2- You replied (to yourself effectively) that it was crap, meaning you already disliked the game, and then fabricated some conflict between us because you were always intending to create drama like a teenage Disney starlet. Yes, you think the game is bad, good for you.

But sure, go on with your particular unoriginal style of defense strategy. For reals, omg.

The_Monk

I finally finished the last episode and beat The Wolf Among Us my good GAFfers. You can read this tiny impressions on Steam and rate it up or down.

s7HkExzl.png

Like any other recent Telltale game it is wise to not expect much in the gameplay department, however The Wolf Among Us managed to grab me right from the very start with an interesting ending during the very first episode. The colours are bright and the neon who bright the whole city during night is only a mask to hide the truly dark side of Fabletown. The game picked quite a few interesting characters from stories we might have heard when we were younger. As someone who never read any of the comics it was interesting to see the end, however I can't tell how close the game was to the comic books.

You can tell that something odd is happening in this town and it does not take you much time to find that there might be more corruption and dirty secrets that you would have imagined. Another point that can help you getting into the game's mood is the soundtrack of The Wolf Among Us. As soon you start each episode you can listen something that really merge the story and the music into one form making a great combination and by having this tune right at the start of each episode really helped me getting in the mood, just like the lights from Fabletown did, as odd it may seem.

If any of you like to combine certain games with certain times of a day or seasons than I must say that, while I finished this game with a sunny weather this is a game to be played in the cold winter after a long day with some warm coffee or tea on your side. To me, there are outside conditions that can affect how immerse a game can be and playing a game on Summer is really different than playing on Autumn or Winter. But this is just a side note. I recommend this game to anyone who may enjoy the usual Telltale game or even for a light gamer with low experience in gaming mechanics who is just looking for an interesting story with some plot twists as well. It took me around 9 hours to finish the game without going back to get all the Book of Fable entries in episode 3, 4 and 5 and my best time with the game was during the very first episode and the last one.

---

(As always, I'm sorry for my English when writing longer sentences, feel free to correct me or give any tips in order to improve this.)

PS: Any news regarding any sort of DLC like The Walking Dead had with 400 Days or is it safe to uninstall it? Thanks in advance.

Lords of the Fallen 20 minute Gamescom gameplay video with developer commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQftQE3w-TI

I noticed there are some massive i-frames after the roll animation is finished.
I'm not sure what to think about that game. It seems like a mixture of Darksiders 2 (eh) and Dark Souls (good if they can pull it off) but I'm not sure if they took the right inspirations from either. The combat is definitely inspired by DS, but that's only a small part of what makes that game what it is.
Can't wait for some independent reviews and impressions, but so far I'm sceptical.

The hype machine for it feels a bit forced and the dev's track record isn't very impressive either.

MUnited83

For you.
DSFix all set up? Make sure you unlock the framerate no matter what.

DSFix all set up, fixed the resolution and I replaced the Xbox controller textures for PS3 ones. I don't think I'm unlocking the framerate though. I know it has quite a couple of annoyances associated.

Btw, what class is one recommended to start at?

DSFix all set up, fixed the resolution and I replaced the Xbox controller textures for PS3 ones. I don't think I'm unlocking the framerate though. I know it has quite a couple of annoyances associated.

Starting class doesn't really matter at all. Just pick what feels right to you.
Just make sure you don't pick the Master Key as your gift on the first playthrough.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Always unlock the frame rate. Limit it to 30 if you're worried (though you shouldn't be, really).

Grief.exe

Just toggle it off for jumps, don't slide down ladders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom