• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

just happened like overnight at first but the timing is terribleeeeee cause I need to save all money for a trip. will have to live with it like this if it doesnt keep shitting up further. whole black covered area can't be seen now, just pure blackness and it keeps spreading god dammit

This is like some sort of note I'd expect to find in a horror game.

Knurek

Huh!? For a minute there I thought Katawa Shoujo fully uncensored suddenly came to Steam while I was sleeping. Why you do this to me!?

I wouldn't mind an all-ages version.
Sex scenes in VNs are uniformly terrible (FATE/Stay Night, *shudders*).

Milamber

I wouldn't mind an all-ages version.
Sex scenes in VNs are uniformly terrible (FATE/Stay Night, *shudders*).

Doesn't really matter if you have disabled sex scenes in Katawa Shoujo anyway, all the sex scenes are disabled irregardless.

EDIT: Fuck! I'm laughing at my own joke.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
For the record, the Serious Sam games such as Random Encounter and Double D XXL are much better games than the main series.

Articalys

My first (and likely only) excursion with Idlemaster was successful... for nine cards in just about four hours... worth a grand total of about $0.50.

Speevy

Banned
Idlemaster is awesome.

It's like being away from Animal Crossing for a year, but instead of getting letters about people leaving your town, you have pictures of games you never played.

Thought about using idlemaster, but I've decided I might as well get cards the old-fashioned way.

Sometimes I even play the games I'm idling...and regret it.

Elija2

Doesn't really matter if you have disabled sex scenes in Katawa Shoujo anyway, all the sex scenes are disabled irregardless.

Well, it was a pretty good joke.

Except for the fact that you used the word 'irregardless'.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What about the spinoff games? Do those count? ;)
I know you said Borderlands would have to be for real charity, not personal charity.

Every time you post that scoreboard, you add an hour of game time.

Sakura Spirit. When you finish, delete your save and start over.

ip9nH0pWt0y0F.jpg

Tellaerin

Double D XXL was actually pretty fun. I should give Random Encounter a shot.

I enjoyed Double D XXL. (Can't help but think that would've been a good name for a TitS DLC... >.> ) Only played a little of Random Encounter - it's fun, if not terribly deep. Loved how the battle screen has your character sprites backpedaling while packs of monsters rush at you - I was like, "Yeah, that's Serious Sam's gameplay in RPG form." :p

Yeah, clocked over 8hrs too

I still haven't figured out how to craft

I crafted some normal arrows(just drag stuff onto each other) and the fucking box said "Hey you made some normal-ass arrows, you shouldn't have done that you have unlimited normal arrows already, make some better shit next timelololololol"

Jadax

I still need to get Divinity, I hear so much about it. I need money.

Sooooooon.

It's ok..nothing spectacular imo. I got bored like 10hrs into it.

This could be because I had just played Van Helsing I, Grim Dawn and Aarklash Legacy. Original Sin is similar - just a lot more polished.

This could be because I had just played Van Helsing I, Grim Dawn and Aarklash Legacy. Original Sin is similar - just a lot more polished.

Haven't played any of them, should be a treat (hopefully).

Need GTAV, The Evil Within, and Bayonetta 2 first.

Echoplx

A turn based party RPG is similar to diablo clones how exactly?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning

seems the Stained devs changed their mins about steam keys because they show up on indieroyale debut 3 page now, the backlash must have been epic

aScaris

Anyone interested in a "-50% Fist of Awesome" or a "-20% off OlliOlli for Hotline Miami & Broforce owners" coupon? I won't use them anyways, so maybe someone can save some money

Jadax

A turn based party RPG is similar to diablo clones how exactly?

And? Just because one game has turn based combat doesn't make it completely different from the other three games I've mentioned.

All four games were action RPGs in my experience (Grim Dawn maybe a little less since it's so short for now, didn't get into the RPG element as much as I would have liked) - each has subtle difference which make them unique.

In fact, I enjoyed Van Helsing a lot more than Original Sin because of it's story (helsing being more known, read comics, watched crappy movies etc.)

Grim Dawn gave me the closest Diablo feeling out of the four.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, at least the stream's ending made me rewatch Riki Oh. Truly one of the best films ever made.

That's just terrible Milamber :p

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Seems like a found a weird issue with ES, gifted a copy of Transistor a couple of weeks ago, and ES claims that still have the gift which I don't :/

Also, warning, the wall is longer than usual :p

Damn, I have to say that I enjoy having people jump on my opinion.I did go a bit too far saying it's among the worst of all time but it's definitely the worst telltale game.
On that you might be totally correct... "might" because I haven't played them all and maybe some of the older ones are worse.

"Why on earth would you live there?"
- Adam Orth, paraphrased
This is funny because the guy is probably now living under a bridge or something.

Which reminds me, if anyone in here picks up a Wii U for cheap at some point, buy the Wonderful 101. It's by far my favorite game that I've played on the system, it's so good.

If you like other Platinum, and Clover Studios, games, you'll probably enjoy W101.
It's one of the first, if not the first, games that I plan to buy when I finally decide to buy a Wii U.

Not buying or playing W101 means the communists win.
Considering the shit sales the game got...

why are you pretending to be interested, that game has neither Assassinating nor Creeding
Truer words haven't been said.

I wonder that myself sometimes. "I'll play this someday!" but I never do.
I wonder if the trick is to be a long, boring collect-a-thon with self-deleting saves at random intervals :p

Who's Elizabeth?
Best Olsen.

Japan made games in general and MMOs.

Oh yeah...found some screenshots I took when I use steam years ago;

Good times!! They grew up so fast... ;_;
And that's not even puke-green Steam!

Thanks, well I thought it's about the game The iDOLM@STER...
Well it's not that different, considering Steam-GAF proclivity to waifus.

yo this cult dude has a motherfucking machine gun turret, thts not very horror like >_>
Wait until you start facing the Iron Maidens and Regenerators with no bullets, then you'll learn what horror is
and start screaming like a little girl

You're playing Resident Evil 4, not 1, 2 or an early Silent Hill game. Did you expect horror?
To be fair, RE 1 and 2 were "cheap" horror, based on jump and scares. RE4 is horror in the sense that it can be a very tense game, as it throws a bunch of stuff at you and not many bullets to deal with that.

no but everyone that said this was the greatest game of all time said how different it was from 5 and it keeps being the same shit, now 10 hours in o_O

where are the nope.gif guys anyway?
u wot m8
I liked you :mad:

haha shot a raven and it gave me gold, fuck you birds

Surely im not the only one that opens every door by double tapping the button so he kicks it open instead right? why even have an option to open it normal is the question
Because then you can be stealthy Leon or something.
kicking doors is the way to go

Over hyped for sure, what is REALLY rubbing me the wrong way (as a RE5 fan) is how people say how this is so much better than RE5, how RE5 was a disgrace after this...and all im seeing is the same action shooting with horror elements, the same cheesiness, if not more (that Salazar is going to be a boss isnt he...and its going to be hilarious isnt it? :/), the same awful writting as usual, the same awful tank controls, with the added bonus of some horrible sections with ashley where I killed her by mistake like 3 times (thank god she was kidnapped again), although that one is on me.

I bet that in the end ill end up liking the game (hell I am liking it or I would have dropped it) as much as I like RE5, probably less tbh, and will forever think "really? that?" whenever I see people proclaim it as the best game ever

Also, aparently Ada is Superman because Leon didnt recognize her until she took off her tiny glasses o_O
The main problem is that RE4 was a trendsetter and a game changer, but RE5 took forever to come out just to be a better looking, not as fun (in terms of gameplay/scenario/story), forced co-op RE4... so yeah, it's not like RE5 is totally terrible or anything, it was just a disappointment.
In any case I think Dusk Golem's post says it better than I do :p
(RE4/5 truthbombs)
(it was long so no text)

Huge update to the castle area for the RE4 Texture Mod Project

More on the website.

201D.jpg

207A.jpg
Didn't RE4HD PC came with High Res textures already? Or were only some of those updated?

Yeah, this is something i'm iffy about. At the beginning Valve gave a free backpack expander for everyone because more and more items were added. I think Valve ought to expand every user's inventory for free so that everyone can have at least one item of everything there is in the game. So if TF2 current has 3000 unique items that take a slot into inventory, then every user should have a 3000-blocks inventory.
This was a fun mixup, but I'll just take the chance to say that I loved the Attache Case in RE4 and how inventory management worked.

Does the Game of the Century edition of SR:IV come with a huge amount of DLC? GMG are offering it for £6.79, but I think I can get the GOTC edition from a trader for just a few pounds more.
The GOTC edition comes with almost all DLC. The only one that I'm aware is not included is the Child's Play DLC (which is not available anywhere now).

udfulv.png

hakan.jpg

bring it Nabs
Fun trivia: Capcpom gonna Capcpom and the Ultra DLC that shows up on the "Coming Soon" list is a region locked page (and the package info for USFIV shows SSFIVAE+DLC... but not Ultra). The Ultra DLC can be added to cart from the SSFIVAE page... not that it matters much, as I got it for $0 thanks to Playfire :p

It's not Japanese developed, is it?
Wait, it's not? I blame the Katamari-like visual and the header image:

header_292x136.jpg
The studio is from Delhi, India.
Huh, I didn't know. Given that it's full of Japanese it's easy for people to get confused.

Its no worst than arguing with Megaman fans. We're a sad bunch sitting in a corner waiting for a ressurection that will never come.
At least I finally got to play MMV GB!

Serious Stream has really brought this place together by ripping Serious Sam apart.
I guess that Serious Sam being terrible is the only thing this community actually agrees on.

some of these SSF4 modders should get jobs at Capcom

I cant even tell thats cammy anymore o_O
Her nose looks weird and she's doing duck lips D:

Sad but true. Have to wonder if it'd be cheaper for Capcom Japan to just pay some 3rd party agency to handle their western stuff at this point. Capcom USA doesn't seem to do much. Except I guess maybe QA for English translation.
It's Capcpom, they don't even do that, clearly.

Revelations 2012.

I'm going to set out to prove that it is actually the superior experience to Serious Sam.
You should add Gary's Incident and Air Control to that list.

Edit: Ha! Was pretty generic survey but when it asked me what platform I played Watch_Dogs on as soon as I clicked PC it immediately stopped and came up with a messages 'Sorry you are not eligible for this survey'. Gee I wonder why?
Maybe because they knew most of the answers would be like "remove that malware called Uplay" or something.

UPS is the worst fucking awful shitty stupid disgusting company in the world.
Had my Oculus Rift due for delivery yesterday, but somehow they totally forgot me and it was gonna get delivered today.
Almost all day go without anything, so I call them; "it will be delivered to you in 40 minutes", ok I wait.
Nothing arrives, I call them again "it will be delivered on monday".

WHAT THE FFOERKOFIJEWRIOFGJWEROIGJWE.

Now I need to release my anger and whip some asses hard, let's go, who's up for Speedrunners?
Interesting... over here it's Fed-Ex the one that sucks, and UPS is great.

kijken kijken maar niet kopen

edit: I just realized I quoted something from a bunch of pages back, oops.
Welcome to the club :)

Not sure if this was mentioned:

Get Games has a Batman Franchise Sale for 75% off, and a Sleeping Dogs Sale for 75% off base game, and 66% off the DLC.
Every one in this topic should have everything, and if they don't should do so ASAP, a bunch of GOTY there
counting Origins for Stallion's sake :p Blackgate is obviously the exception which stands out like a sore thumb

And it won't contain Lego Indy/Star Wars.
And they'd probably release Lego PotC that same day for full console price or something equally insane.

...I wonder how long it'll take for a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy game to show up.
We already got Lego Marvel, so I'm not sure such a thing would happen... at most Lego Marvel 2 I guess.

I'm still waiting on Lego Jurassic Park.
That set back in the day was so good.
Now THAT would be pretty awesome!

Jawmuncher
survival panic
(Today, 02:34 AM)

I detect a hint of bias.
Aw be fair, it's not like we are talking about Lego Dino Crisis.

Yeah that would be so awesome! How's the Telltale one, playable?
Bit of a coin toss really, I found a lot of very annoying bugs while playing it, while others had more luck. It's mostly QTEs though, and the story is serviceable.

That's been the majority of my experiences with laptops. Worst was dells where my battery on my laptop died out after a year and they tried to charge me 250$ just for a new battery. Love having a nice PC now, fuck laptops lol. My phone has basically become my laptop, except it's a pain to type on it.
Laptops are great, I love mine. Although to be fair it's kinda large to sit on a lap :p

Thing is, my laptop died in almost the same way and it was HP. The light on the Caps Lock just started flashing and that was that.

But yeah, Dell and HP Laptops are something to stay away from.
Disagree heavily on both, the machines to stay away are the Acers and the like. In any case the secret with laptops/notebooks is buying the ones from their various business lines, they have better warranties and are better built (and they look more "normal" if you care about that), although they tend to be a tad more expensive.

In celebration of a certain something's third birthday (yes, it's what you think it is), here is my only spare copy of Saw:
I was expecting the "Hidden" box to be checked :p

Is there any existing PC game that its owners able and want to put on Steam but it isn't still? If the answer is 'no' then shut down Greenlight and switch to the store-as-API phase.

No point in voting on incomplete games years away from release. When those games are ready just put them up for sale.
It's coming, and in a way I don't like it because it'll end looking like Google Play is now which is somewhat disheartening.

The purpose is that games are still able to be released in the interim. If Valve's self-publishing system isn't ready, then it isn't ready -- shutting down Greenlight because of a future development would be silly.
Especially since we are talking about Valve time.

On the bright side, at least people are happy to buy MP-only games.
In this case I think not many people are buying it, otherwise he wouldn't have tweeted that.

Super Win the Game (sequel to You Have to Win the Game) store page is up. Comes out October 1st, gonna cost $12.99.

Never finished You Have to Win the Game, but wishlisted hard. Shame about the price, at $5 or so it would've been instabuy.

I remember the PSP version of Crazy Taxi allowing you to use custom soundtracks, thankfully. It's just not Crazy Taxi without "All I Want". ♫ Ya ya ya ya ya~ ♪
Yeah, Crazy Taxi without The Offspring or Bad Religion feels really weird.

moKU9In.gif

I can't stop watching this today :p
That gif is magnificent and hilarious.

You'll always me Jason Momoa to me, even though I know what you look like, Joss Whedon.
Oohh... he totally does!

I bet this is all a setup to an elaborate ARG that will lead to the announcement of the Shenmue HD remasters.
And now you've done it.
What I really want is Skies of Arcadia (Legends) HD.

I sent back my first 830 SSD because it made chirping noises during heavy access. The second one and many other models do too but less noticeably. And then there's the feared high pitched coil whine some graphics cards emit. You can never go 100% inaudible even with no moving parts, there's always something but I think I'm good at the moment.
Man, my video card emits a very high pitched noise every time a game does something stupid like running at 400fps with no vsync (ie, first run of an old game) and it's *really* annoying.

Is there a reason as to why people are talking about the Persona/SMT games coming to steam? Pure fantasy I presume?

SMTIV is pretty great despite some of the obvious budget woes that make it a bit less impressive than Nocturne in ways. The way the game transitions between 3D and sprites would be pretty weird on the PC, game is really built with the 3DS in mind. Although obviously I wouldn't complain about such things happening.

If nothing else the 3DS/Vita are relatively cheap, why miss out :p
Pure fantasy, but the fact the games go on sale frequently on PSN and eShop probably fuels the fantasy.

Jumpy!
And now I'm reminded that ZE3 is not happening and I'm sad :(

To be honest, those sort of ambiguous endings are often better left in the dark. When sequels flat out explain them, they're usually disappointing/half-assed, and will at the very least ruin the mystique.

Anyone who's watched Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes knows what I mean.
Life on Mars was great but I haven't watched Ashes to Ashes yet, I did watch Life on Mars US so I assume they added a similar explanation?

shit that happens when you depend on your phone for work and really can't spend money on repairs currently

hellyeah just kick me in the balls what a month
You'll have to get a new phone, repair here will be stupidly expensive as expected :/

Gonna be streaming soon!
Love the reason for the edit!

salsa's apartment is like the most shady looking place ever
Nah, but where is he broadcasting his residence? :p

where I live?

like 300 times that
The sad truth :(

My Nexus 4 power button is starting to misbehave and the local LG service center quoted a ridiculous price just to look at it. I'm starting to think these companies make their hardware only to last a couple of years so that you're forced to upgrade after that.
Yes, it's done on purpose.

;_;

Neither is Wheelman but that doesn't stop me from mentioning it once a week. ;)
"Don't stop believin'~~"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom