• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
SHIT MAN STOP POSTING SO BIG.
Stop posting so much and maybe I will!

3LkUsT1.gif
Proof that you actually read the post <3

I think you just jumped the shark X05 :(
Not fair, this one actually had a warning!

Looking at his website, the only games he's released aren't on Steam, although this raises the question of why he saw fit to censor the game he refers to.
Hmm good catch... seems a bit odd actually.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit, where's my bundle key drama breathren at? The uprising 44 dev actuallyy has a recent post on the forum about the keys, hope or trolling? who knows :p

Link Man

Banned
Played some more Rogue Legacy, and have decided that it is basically a Skinner Box, though it does involve some skill. Not sure if I want to continue paying.

Dr Dogg

Wake up this morning with an extra £3 in wallet funds, 12 more cards in the inventory thanks to Idle Masters, a long arse X05 post to save me reading the rest of the thread and a new episode of the Serious Stream to catch up on. This weekend is off to a great start already.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, where's my bundle key drama breathren at? The uprising 44 dev actuallyy has a recent post on the forum about the keys, hope or trolling? who knows :p

I replied in another topic - keys had been given to a publisher resposible for bundle sell - i dont have any impact on the speed and form of their actions
I would like to comment that we gave already keys for pass purchases to publisher responsible for selling the Uprising in this channels. We do not have any impact on a form or speed of their actions. I would like to sorry about what is happening and would like to update you about situation shortly.

Don't get your hopes up only for your collecting dreams to be crushed :/

Tellaerin

I actually don't know where else we could go from here.

I played the Serious Sam games for you people.

The Talos Principle

THIS.

This right here.

From the Croteam page:

Welcome to the official page of Talos Principle - a first person non-linear exploration/puzzle single player game.

Game is dealing with philosophical issues of transhumanity.

Gameplay style reminds of a mix between Portal and Witness.

Watching morningbus play through a philosophical exploration of transhumanism from the creators of Serious Sam would be amazing. (Hopefully the game will tackle tough questions like, "What are the ethical implications of replacing someone's hands with bombs from a Roadrunner cartoon?")

zkylon

zkylewd
should we create a new thread for x05

also after getting barfed at all day by my baby brother and spending the rest of my days on gm, finally tomorrow afternoon i have like 2 free hours so i can try me some tits

Link Man

Banned
Aren't 99% of games out there basically a skinner box with some skill involved?

Most aren't quite so blatant about it, though. This reminds me of the kind of game you would find on Kongregate or something a few years back, or even "social" games you find on Facebook.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm really liking Yaiba, and love the dumb humor in the game. The combat is really satisfying with some cool combos. They really shouldn't have attached the Ninja Gaiden name to it though. It's a great game, but really suffers from having the franchise name attached to it. I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game before, so I didn't have those expectations others had for it. Will hopefully finish it by this weekend, and try to write something up if I have the time.

Here is a shitty webm of one of my favorite parts. Also I like how the lower half of the zombie glides across.
http://a.pomf.se/ocxzft.webm

Edit: Don't quote before I finish editing (>_<)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm really liking Yaiba, and love the dumb humor in the game. The combat is really satisfying with some cool combos. Will hopefully finish it by this weekend, and try to write something up if I have the time.

Here is a shitty webm of one of my favorite parts. Also I like how the lower half of the zombie glides across.
http://a.pomf.se/ocxzft.webm

oh look at that, he lives...

Nabs

Sentris looks pretty, but what is it?

THIS.

This right here.

From the Croteam page:

Watching morningbus play through a philosophical exploration of transhumanism from the creators of Serious Sam would be amazing. (Hopefully the game will tackle tough questions like, "What are the ethical implications of replacing someone's hands with bombs from a Roadrunner cartoon?")

I really want a Talos stream.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone follow the Wolf with AMD card thread yesterday? I didn't know there was such hate for those cards around here... When I posted my new rig in the new pc thread, there was no one pointing out I should watch out for AMD cards. I've played a few demanding games with my 280x already, and haven't got a single issue. Wolf ran without a hitch on ultra too.

I recently started playing Final Fantasy 7, and WOW, this game is really good, aside from Pokémon and Paper Mario, this is my first real turn based JRPG and GODDAMN, it's fun, although playing at 1080p it's REALLY makes it obvious whenever the game is using video files for its pre-rendered backgrounds, like....REALLY REALLY obvious, I'm sure back in the day it was a seamless transition but now it's super obvious and weird, lol.

I'm only 9hrs into the game and I haven't even gotten the achievement for completing the first part of the game!

And yes I do realise I'm about 17 years late to the FF7 is good party :p

Phinor

So with Wasteland 2 delayed to September, there's zero games on my August calendar. Yay? Time to clear that backlog! Or rather, I might be able to finish Divinity before the end of the month.

81 games in my "To Play" Steam category. Maybe August is the first month since Steam blew up when my "To Play" category actually remains stagnant instead of growing? Or I could try one of the 18 early access games I currently have. There's no winning this fight..

C4rter

I'm running the latest version from Idle Master now and had this problem a few minutes ago:

Here's the log:
Checking to see if Bastion has remaining card drops
No card drops remaining
Closing game Bastion
SUCCESS: The process "steam-idle.exe" with PID 3976 was stopped. (translated this message from German but it's the standard message)
Successfully completed idling cards for Bastion
Starting game Master Reboot to idle cards
Sleeping for 15 minutes

No issue to see here, but somewhere between these lines the "steam-idle.exe" stopped running (crashed).

I don't know why that happened, but the other problem is that "start.exe" keeps running even without "steam-idle.exe" and thinks it's idling a game (Master Reboot in this case). But Steam says I'm not playing and without "steam-idle.exe" running, it can't idle a game, can it?

And my task manager show two instances of "start.exe" running.

Milamber

I'm running the latest version from Idle Master now and had this problem a few minutes ago:

Here's the log:

No issue to see here, but somewhere between these lines the "steam-idle.exe" stopped running (crashed).

I don't know why that happened, but the other problem is that "start.exe" keeps running even without "steam-idle.exe" and thinks it's idling a game (Master Reboot in this case). But Steam says I'm not playing and without "steam-idle.exe" running, it can't idle a game, can it?

And my task manager show two instances of "start.exe" running.

I think it is because you are running windows in German is the problem. I believe it only works in English only Windows.

C4rter

I think it is because you are running windows in German is the problem. I believe it only works in English only Windows.

I thought the problem just was an English Steam? I'm running Steam in English but Windows in German.
Idle Master is running smoothly for hours and generated me many cards, but sometimes it just crashes without a known reason. I don't think a language problem would occur so rarely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I recently started playing Final Fantasy 7, and WOW, this game is really good, aside from Pokémon and Paper Mario, this is my first real turn based JRPG and GODDAMN, it's fun, although playing at 1080p it's REALLY makes it obvious whenever the game is using video files for its pre-rendered backgrounds, like....REALLY REALLY obvious, I'm sure back in the day it was a seamless transition but now it's super obvious and weird, lol.

I'm only 9hrs into the game and I haven't even gotten the achievement for completing the first part of the game!

And yes I do realise I'm about 17 years late to the FF7 is good party :p

I've played through FF7 a bunch of times (I'd say at least half a dozen) but have never actually finished it. I ought to correct that one day.

Dr Dogg

Anyone follow the Wolf with AMD card thread yesterday? I didn't know there was such hate for those cards around here... When I posted my new rig in the new pc thread, there was no one pointing out I should watch out for AMD cards. I've played a few demanding games with my 280x already, and haven't got a single issue. Wolf ran without a hitch on ultra too.

I haven't owned an ATI/AMD card in getting on for 12-13 years so can't really talk from firsthand experience but the legendary driver issues with their cards people like to bring up aren't really a problem now it seems and waaaay better than they used to be. I'd say this is the closest Nvidia and AMD have been on a comparative performance scale and it's just factoring in your budget and features you want as to which card you go for. Though with Wolf I do get the teething issues due to their poor Open GL support but this is much, much worse on OS X and Linux than on Windows but AMD seem to be going in the right direction albeit slowly.

As for me I'm sticking with Nvidia due to having easier options to tweak things via 3rd party tools, easy downsampling for when GeDoSaTo isn't an option, I couldn't live with out ShadowPlay anymore and having hardware encoding on the card is great from Steam streaming.

Though AMD does have so great advantages and perks that some people either ignore or aren't aware of. Colour range selection from the driver is something Nvidia just haven't sorted out (Durante has a mod though) but AMD have it in the driver so when the recent batch of cheap monitors come out that have HDMI as the only input if you don't know you're in the wrong colour space on an Nvidia card you'll be clipping 1,000s upon 1,000s of colours out of existence. Eyefinity has way better support and bezel correction than Nvidia Surround and is a piece of cake to set up right from CCC where as Nvidia's option last time I used it required a lot of faffing. Nvidia have only just caught up with Displayport on their cards as well which AMD offered for years before meaning easy daisy chaining of monitors from a single card. Then there's the VRAM discrepancy which when you look at it because AMD have always seen multi-monitor setups as higher priority they always have more VRAM on their reference cards than the like for like Nvidia option. At the mid end of the market that is a big, big plus for AMD.

One thing I'd like to see is the downsampling performance of a 290x vs a 780ti as on paper the 290x should be more capable with similar clock frequencies but larger VRAM and higher ROPs which are both really useful when going for crazy resolutions.

BHK3

Banned

No one told me to watch out for amd cards either, yet so far every issue ive had with my PC, has been with AMD.

Rhaknar

Tsk tsk, just because I haven't posted in here that much doesn't mean I'm dead.

i dont care if you post here, its you not showing up on steam that I was refering to

kami_sama

The Talos Principle
Serious Sam 4

Too bad their reputation is already Stained

Goddammit I just watched the trailer, and it looks like a combination of Portal's puzzles and The Stanley's Parable mind-bending philosophy.

And with the theme being transhumanism, I'm even more hyped for the game!

abracadaver

Thief Gold if someone wants it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-3893BB29BF3ABBF0

t1406970807z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
Final try

If this fails then I don't even care anymore

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-73DFE6AFD7FC2F0D - Taken by WinterDemons
SpaceChem -- MB-6EE6827E1B31E86E - Taken by deadflower81
Dino Dday -- MB-242F7E6854A2E4F5 - Taken by Teppic

saunderez

As a fellow AMD owner (290) I'm in the same boat as you. Drivers can be a bit crashy at times but that's not exclusive to AMD, I had the same problem with my 660ti from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom