• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall from playing the Xbox version, Alien Hominid wasn't a very useful character.

He's still Alien Hominid!

What the heck -- gamesplanet says it's ultra edition but that it redeems on steam. Steam has no mention of the ultra version... was the Steam version just "patched" to the ultra version? I just want the digital extras, I don't care about the physical stuff.

--

I was thinking of which game I should make milestone 2000, if any... however, the games I keep thinking of either aren't available for purchase or won't be going on sale any time soon. :\
#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

Hugstable

Banned
Stopped streaming for now. Might stream more later... need a break and I do not fondly remember that engine room. XD

SMB Ultra? What's so ultra about it?

That was nuts with those one hit kills from whatever those one baddies were spittin' at you. You finally beat it, but some runs that attack took you out with seconds o_O

Ozium

He's still Alien Hominid!

What the heck -- gamesplanet says it's ultra edition but that it redeems on steam. Steam has no mention of the ultra version... was the Steam version just "patched" to the ultra version? I just want the digital extras, I don't care about the physical stuff.

--

I was thinking of which game I should make milestone 2000, if any... however, the games I keep thinking of either aren't available for purchase or won't be going on sale any time soon. :\
#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

I dont know but I do know I have SMB in my gift inventory so I can add it to my account in a few hours and let you know if it has the art/soundtrack whatever in it..

Zia

Last CS: GO mission for the week? 16 Competitive rounds won on Black Fucking Gold. Blech.

--

Has anyone heard rumblings about TxK? I was sure this was coming to PC, yet I haven't heard anything since the game released on Vita. OlliOlli came out six months after the Vita version, which would indicate that there's a six month exclusivity window for those games, but then Aug 11 would be the six month anniversary of TxK's Vita release yet not a word (that I know of).

MayMay

Banned
Got a CSGO mission to kill 20 ppl in Demolition. No one plays Demolition. And games against bots don't count. ._. First world problems.

Which game is this?
Lovely Planet[/b]. That level has a par of 17.20s. (...)
This game is phenomenal. It's got that insta-restart mechanic found in Super Meat Boy that makes it flow like butter. The 3 Star level scoring makes the game addictive as crack (under-time par, clear all enemies, 1 shot/1 kill accuracy).
All rapped in an incredibly colorful & refreshing Japanese-influenced Katamari/Jumping Flash wrapper. Music is awesome!
The intro price is $5.
Five Dollars!
What a steal. What a gem.
Warning: You will throw your mouse. That is if your mouse-hand doesn't go numb first from restarts.
Sounds great. So the game is level based and your goal is to clear it as fast as possible. Could be addicting, nice.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
uPlay-chan is talking to me again and letting me access my account again.
Of course, now my account is 'empty'.
Win some, lose some.

uPlay-chan would be just as hideous as every uPlay avatar :|

I always forget how depressing Persona 3 is in comparison to 4, wonder what route Persona 5 will take. The teaser images seem to hint a return to a more grim atmosphere at least.

I'm interested to see how the supposed restraint and liberation themes are presented in the game, especially since the focus on those themes really seem like the antagonists might have more of a law vs. chaos style background than in the last two games.

Which game is this?

Katawa Shoujo.

That was nuts with those one hit kills from whatever those one baddies were spittin' at you. You finally beat it, but some runs that attack took you out with seconds o_O

I really thought I was going to fuck it up again... I got ballsy once I executed the electric bride and went up and created a firestorm that exploded the first holy roller. When I went up to do it again, I took a lightning bolt from the storm directly which left me with a sliver of health and an overloaded arm... that's why I went back and carefully tried to counter every fireball he threw and then use the slowdown window to get attacks in safely.

As for the mutant baby on the next platform -- well, I had the bloodlust and I was pissy after the first death, so I just decided he had to go. Mortar + bloodlust = over before it started.

Hugstable

Banned
Got a CSGO mission to kill 20 ppl in Demolition. No one plays Demolition. And games against bots don't count. ._. First world problems.

I got a mission for getting 35 Deagle kills in Deathmatch. Gonna take awhile when everyone is sporting rifles and negev's every round -___-

Ozium

I'm sure you can find some GAFfers to help.. Hell if you want to wait until tomorrow I can just join the opposite team and let you kill me 20 times

I got a mission for getting 35 Deagle kills in Deathmatch. Gonna take awhile when everyone is sporting rifles and negev's every round -___-

that's easy, DM is a clusterfuck.. I did a mission for 30 kills on deathmatch w/ a usp-s, surely you can do it w/ a deagle

Uh.... I got mine done in 2 full matches in a row.

I had 2 of those at the same time, by the way. so I finished them at the same time. Got a P90 storm and a Mag-7 storm... feels bad man.

MayMay

Banned
Uh.... I got mine done in 2 full matches in a row.

I guess I need to try it when its not 5am and everyone in my ping range is sleeping.. lol

Stupid me had the chance to delete a mission, and I chose to get rid of a mission to win some rounds of comp on Mist, instead of the stupid Demolition one :L

How is Speedrunners? Heard a lot about it but I'm a little hesitant to pick it up since it's Early Access.

OT:
Just found out there's a massive amount of video game soundtrack music on spotify. There goes my entire night.

Strider

How is Speedrunners? Heard a lot about it but I'm a little hesitant to pick it up since it's Early Access.

OT: Just found out there's a massive amount of video game soundtrack music on spotify. There goes my entire night.

It has its bugs and glitches. Despite them the game is still incredibly fun and you can always find people here that are willing to play a few rounds. I recommend getting it. I love it.

Ozium

It has its bugs and glitches. Despite them the game is still incredibly fun and you can always find people here that are willing to play a few rounds. I recommend getting it. I love it.

Even just playing with randoms is fun and I've always found a match when matchmaking

Someone said I should level to 4 in Divinity before leaving town to the north, but I'm about 4k XP short, are there any in-town missions I could do? The flying man, or kitty, staff, sheep?

Salsa

shit that happens when you depend on your phone for work and really can't spend money on repairs currently

AetCWVX.jpg

M7VOWNB.jpg

lKalxw7.jpg

wuXU4bj.jpg

hellyeah just kick me in the balls what a month

at least 1001 spikes is super dope

Beelzebubs

Someone said I should level to 4 in Divinity before leaving town to the north, but I'm about 4k XP short, are there any in-town missions I could do? The flying man, or kitty, staff, sheep?

You found the hidden dungeon in the
graveyard
? Also if you do leave, take the North exit and head west towards the lighthouse.

It happened, it finally happened! Someone bought one of my foils! Now to get rid of the other 3 boat anchors hanging around my neck.

Have you gone west yet? Lighthouse etc...

You found the hidden dungeon in the
graveyard
? Also if you do leave, take the North exit and head west towards the lighthouse.

I did but those skeletons kicked my ass, of course i'm higher level now and have double the party members, I think I'll do that next

Have you gone west yet? Lighthouse etc...

I figured that would be a little tough before level 4, but maybe I'll go there after the
graveyard
dungeon.

Beelzebubs

I did but those skeletons kicked my ass, of course i'm higher level now and have double the party members, I think I'll do that next

I figured that would be a little tough before level 4, but maybe I'll go there after the
graveyard
dungeon.

I'm about same level as you, just dinged 5 and got my ass handed to me repeatedly. I think I built my characters wrong at the start but fights are still winnable.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus

ibhnU3sk8ThJTJ.jpg

ARCHIVE said:
(Youtube Playlist)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 1) (Lost to the ages)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam the Second Encounter (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam the Second Encounter (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam the Second Encounter (Part 3) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 3) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 4a) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 4b) (youtube)

ibcqdbv159S7zH.png

FAQ said:
What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above. Note: I don't pay attention to the chat in twitch, so please don't make fun of me or anything because that'd be real mean and my fragile ego couldn't take it.

Latest Developments:
M&Ms has a message for me:
ibbIzeIBYWezZw.JPG

I have a message for Verizon:
iiLhA9dd1cS7P.JPG

M&M Scoreboard said:
162 from Jawmuncher
138 from Morningbus
102 from Toki767
90 from Anustart
78 from default two
54 from BinaryPork2737
54 from Cloudius12
48 from Chocobro
48 from Stallion Free
48 from shadownet
42 from Mokoi
36 from Mono
36 from CorrosiveFrost
36 from Xclash
30 from Cheddahz
24 from dot
24 from Gunstarheroes
24 from Servizio
24 from Myshkin
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
12 from tylerf
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic

Total: $1,170.00 worth of cable bill credits.
# of codes entered: 195.

Big thanks to: stallion free for 1 code, shadownet for 1 code, jawmuncher for 2 codes, cloudius12 for 1 code, and mokoi for 2 codes!

In combo slowmo is the stupidest thing ever. It just interrupts the flow I have going.

No, Batman. As sweet as that kick to the face is, I don't want to see it in slowmo. Save that for the end combo.

Hugstable

Banned
Latest Developments:

Total: $1,170.00 worth of cable bill credits.
# of codes entered: 195.

Big thanks to: stallion free for 1 code, shadownet for 1 code, jawmuncher for 2 codes, cloudius12 for 1 code, and mokoi for 2 codes!

Holy crap those codes are actually working. Congrats Morningbus that's amazing. I wonder how many months go by before they realize M&M has been paying your bills ha.

About Persona. Since SEGA acquired Atlus how are chances of their titles to appear on Steam?
Sega is actually pretty great on the PC front, especially for a Japanese company imo. Atlus, not so much.
With Japanese (or even Japanese themed) games constantly turning the charts around, it seems like a no-brainer for Sega to put the immense catalog they added now on Steam asap. I am kinda glad that Sega took Atlus.
Is emulating the only way on PC to play Persona 3/FES/4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom