• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

My iphone 5 looks like SalsaShark's, same place too.

just happened like overnight at first but the timing is terribleeeeee cause I need to save all money for a trip. will have to live with it like this if it doesnt keep shitting up further. whole black covered area can't be seen now, just pure blackness and it keeps spreading god dammit

About Persona. Since SEGA acquired Atlus how are chances of their titles to appear on Steam?
Sega is actually pretty great on the PC front, especially for a Japanese company imo. Atlus, not so much.
With Japanese (or even Japanese themed) games constantly turning the charts around, it seems like a no-brainer for Sega to put the immense catalog they added now on Steam asap. I am kinda glad that Sega took Atlus.
Is emulating the only way on PC to play Persona 3/FES/4?

I would like to see Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, I really loved that game

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Got a CSGO mission to kill 20 ppl in Demolition. No one plays Demolition. And games against bots don't count. ._. First world problems.
Problem is timing. Play when other people in your area are on. If you get a dead server, keep searching for one till you find a few people.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
i dont think i can play CSGO on Casual. it just reminds me of the worst in humanity.

Play on Christian servers, if they migrated from 1.6/Source. They usually have codes of conduct, and maybe some religious images and text on startup, but are otherwise a secular experience.

About Persona. Since SEGA acquired Atlus how are chances of their titles to appear on Steam?
Sega is actually pretty great on the PC front, especially for a Japanese company imo. Atlus, not so much.
With Japanese (or even Japanese themed) games constantly turning the charts around, it seems like a no-brainer for Sega to put the immense catalog they added now on Steam asap. I am kinda glad that Sega took Atlus.
Is emulating the only way on PC to play Persona 3/FES/4?

I dunno about it's chances, but I would definitely buy SMT/ Persona games on Steam day one.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Sega bought Atlus what, one year ago? And there haven't been any leaks or anything regarding PC. Worrying.
It's actually not that I'd play Atlus games at my desk mainly. Instead of a Steambox Valve should work on a portable Steamboy. I mean Atlus' games are mostly lengthy and can be played in bit-sized sessions.
And it's not only Atlus but there are so many games that would fit perfectly on a handheld. Spelunky, Terraria, FTL, Gunpoint and so many more.
Guess Shield is the closest thing with its streaming capabilities. A dedicated, officially sanctioned Steamboy would get much more support though. Ah well, one can dream.

In combo slowmo is the stupidest thing ever. It just interrupts the flow I have going.

No, Batman. As sweet as that kick to the face is, I don't want to see it in slowmo. Save that for the end combo.

It indicates that you have a combo takedown available

If you have the HUD turned off, it's helpful feedback

Yeah, Sega bought Atlus what, one year ago? And there haven't been any leaks or anything regarding PC. Worrying.
It's actually not that I'd play Atlus games at my desk mainly. Instead of a Steambox Valve should work on a portable Steamboy. I mean Atlus' games are mostly lengthy and can be played in bit-sized sessions.
And it's not only Atlus but there are so many games that would fit perfectly on a handheld. Spelunky, Terraria, FTL, Gunpoint and so many more.
Guess Shield is the closest thing with its streaming capabilities. A dedicated, officially sanctioned Steamboy would get much more support though. Ah well, one can dream.

That could be pretty sweet, wonder if they could do something with a beefed up raspberry pi.

where I live?

like 300 times that

My Nexus 4 power button is starting to misbehave and the local LG service center quoted a ridiculous price just to look at it. I'm starting to think these companies make their hardware only to last a couple of years so that you're forced to upgrade after that.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
where I live?

like 300 times that

The message I was trying to get across was that due to your previous postings, maybe it would be better to save money for a new phone instead of spending it on frivolous purchases designed to complete your collection.

My Nexus 4 power button is starting to misbehave and the local LG service center quoted a ridiculous price just to look at it. I'm starting to think these companies make their hardware only to last a couple of years so that you're forced to upgrade after that.

The term is "Planned Obsolescence".

zkylon

zkylewd
The message I was trying to get across was that due to your previous postings, maybe it would be better to save money for a new phone instead of spending it on frivolous purchases designed to complete your collection.

i feel like this was kind of a backhanded insult to like two thirds of the people in this thread lol

wagamer

A bit quiet on the giveaway front... so here's one!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wagamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-7F2A5EE875C36004 - Taken by Beelzebubs. 2 entrants total.

t1406957067z1.png

Was that what Mafia 2 calls an ending?

Holy fucking shit, everything in the game made worthless by that ending. 0/10.
Yep. I mean, i have no problem with
Joe suposedly dying
, but it's such an interruption to the game pacing. totally awkward. Was a fun game besides that.

Salsa

aint that the truth

the issue I have with steam and real money is the fact that I get paid through paypal for a side job I do, and when I take it out to real life money, I get charged a fee that got quite considerate by now

so, I soetimes end up not taking the money out and I use THAT on Steam, and other money from other stuff on real life. I get by from the fact that it doesnt feel like im spending real money, but I totally am.

so yeah, I should stop being shit about that

not like the rest of that game was worth much anyways

The characters were its strongest part. And they just ruin it with this... sequel bait I guess. Holy shit.

At least when I bared through AC4's awful terrible gameplay, the story damn well had an ending.

it's such an interruption to the game pacing.

Everything else in the game would have you think Vito wouldn't stand for what just happened.

Roll Credits. Yeah, perfect.

Anteater

ok I've spent hours stealing panties and shit in divinity original sin, tonight I'm going to get out of town and start killing some shit

Beelzebubs

A bit quiet on the giveaway front... so here's one!

I fucked up, thought it was Shadows of Mordor as only saw the raffle with 5 seconds left in it. Can the other person who wanted it message me and I'll make sure the game goes to you? Or Wagamer could redraw. My bad guys.

Where's Stump when you need a favour. :p

Speevy

Banned
Rogue Legacy is cool because it gives you so many options which mean absolutely nothing compared to your ability to dodge shit.

That's the trick to winning. Dodge stuff.

Rogue Legacy is cool because it gives you so many options which mean absolutely nothing compared to your ability to dodge shit.

That's the trick to winning. Dodge stuff.

There was(is?) a lot of love for Rogue Legacy around these parts but I personally can't find any enjoyment in it. It felt like a bullet hell platformer and I suck at bullet hell games. It's interesting because I find it similar to binding of isaac in a lot of ways and I really enjoy binding of isaac.

zkylon

zkylewd
The characters were its strongest part. And they just ruin it with this... sequel bait I guess. Holy shit.

At least when I bared through AC4's awful terrible gameplay, the story damn well had an ending.
well i don't quite remember much about it other than being pretty frustrated with how unexciting the game was but i really liked the mood and whatnot

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Some really great quotes from the serious stream so far tonight, some creepier than others :p

I've actually watched some of the footage between gaming instead of just mostly listening like the last few streams (because of the constant flickering) and noticed a few things. First is that no one uses the twitch chat. The second is that everything just looks so bland and boring, I'm not really seeing what's fun about it. The levels I saw were either mixtures of brown and gray or the dark interiors of buildings. Also, it sucks that Nabs felt sick and had to quit :/

Nabs

Some really great quotes from the serious stream so far tonight, some creepier than others :p

I've actually watched some of the footage between gaming instead of just mostly listening like the last few streams (because of the constant flickering) and noticed a few things. First is that no one uses the twitch chat. The second is that everything just looks so bland and boring, I'm not really seeing what's fun about it. The levels I saw were either mixtures of brown and gray or the dark interiors of buildings. Also, it sucks that Nabs felt sick and had to quit :/

:( serious sam did me in.

I'm super excited about this being all over. I can't wait to get back to some fun games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom