• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I finished Chapter 1 (of 10) of Blackbay Asylum. What a strange game. Well not really, its basically a point and click adventure, without the pointing or the clicking. You play as Doug, a diaper wearing, gigantic serial killer who is thrown in the titular Blackbay Asylum with his best friedn Teddy the stuffed bear, and on the day you are to be experimented on (I assume lobotomized), you decide that its probably in your best interest to escape. Which isnt hard to do since your cell is unlocked and pretty much all the staff and inmates are dead. And so you walk around in a top down view inspecting everything, collecting objects to use on other objects to progress (you know, like a P&C adventure). For all its crudeness, theres actually some pretty funny writting in here (you can inspect virtually anything you see on screen) and some decent puzzles so far.

Graphics arent good but they get the job done, in that "its bad but it fits the setting" way, what little voice work there is (from a dude I found that sent me on a "quest") is awful, and the cutscenes are straight out of a playstation 1 game, but I gotta say, I had fun with that chapter 1 lol. I would even recomend it if it was $10, but no way at $20. even with the discount). Something to keep an eye out in a sale or bundle for sure tho.

I might replay chapter 1 and stream it since it should be fast now that I know all the puzzles, just to give you a sense of what the game is, let me set it up.

Shadownet

Banned
I hope Paul doesn't see what JaseC got. we might have to talk him down from the ledge if that happened. lol

Seriously though.. I'm kinda worry about Paul.

Humble support sucks. Messaged them nearly 12 hours ago after I ordered a gift link and it was already taken. Nothing since. Got charged for 3 copies only got 2. Argh.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Mount Your Friends definitive answer required: yay or nay?

How much do you long
for the slap of flesh against dong?

I'm just gonna back away from this one

image.php

saunderez

Mount Your Friends definitive answer required: yay or nay?
I'm going with yay. Online multi is hilarious. Had a few rounds with 4 players last night and we had a blast. It's take a turn each, last man standing format. Plus you can customise your guy to wear a cat as a hat. That's must buy material right there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nice, too bad you can't read the chat :(

I need to setup my second monitor again so I can read chat. thanks for the help tho, nice catch on the door code. Thanks for those that watched, that was fun

Man, that game is O-K.

I need to setup my second monitor again so I can read chat. thanks for the help tho, nice catch on the door code. Thanks for those that watched, that was fun

Man, that game is O-K.
Thanks to you for streaming, I'd never have given the game a chance but it actually looks like something I might enjoy.

Rhaknar

Thanks to you for streaming, I'd never have given the game a chance but it actually looks like something I might enjoy.

hopefully my english was at least understandable, I speak fast in portuguese so I assume I speak fast in english aswell >_>

also that was fun. And my girlish scream right at the end when that monster popped off, in a game that isnt even scary... now imagine me playing an actual horror game :(

hopefully my english was at least understandable, I speak fast in portuguese so I assume I speak fast in english aswell >_>

Your english was fine, I wish my pronuntiation was as good as yours.

Redeemed the Might & Magic X Legacy Digital Deluxe key on steam and the game was taken off my wishlist, nice.

Rhaknar

you cant edit twitch videos on twitch itself right? like cut off the initial 4minutes of a video? can you do that?

I was messing around with the setup and would like to trim it down to when it actually starts

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow.

Just tried the iDLEM@STER app. Turns out I have 230 games to idle through to get all the cards from my backlog. This is...rather higher than I expected, oops.

Also: Shadowgate out this month, yey. I Kickstarted this and have been on a bit of a media blackout, I just can't wait to get the game and die, die many times.

Until then trying to think of games to play. Got to NG+ on Rogue Legacy and lost motivation for that. May try to get back into Sleeping Dogs for some reason.

also that was fun. And my girlish scream right at the end when that monster popped off, in a game that isnt even scary... now imagine me playing an actual horror game :(

Thanks for the stream! I caught just the end of it, but it definitely piqued my interest. I thought it was game over at the monster, haha

Could understand you just fine :)

Shadownet

Banned
I just wanna say Fuzzi is an amazing person. He just randomly gifted me a copy of Dark wood because of two posts I made back in the old thread.

Like seriously, how did he even remember that?!

Either way, senpai noticed me, and I'm grateful for his generosity.

Thank you Fuzzification!

Rhaknar

whoa the mic really picks up me typing / playing on the keyboard on the stream lol (its a desk mic, not part of the headset). Also its...bizarre hearing yourself speak, like "who is that?"

Ryne

Some cheap stuff on the Humble Store - Just copy the MB code, not the whole line otherwise I don't think it would work:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ryne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Siege II, Dungeon Siege III -- MB-E870C89BC64D8309 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.

t1406981907z1.png

Doesn't really matter if you have disabled sex scenes in Katawa Shoujo anyway, all the sex scenes are disabled irregardless.

EDIT: Fuck! I'm laughing at my own joke.
lol

I still need to get Divinity, I hear so much about it. I need money.

Sooooooon.
Don't listen to the person below, you don't think the game went from Hartley heard on gaf to people posting it in "what's your GOTY" threads for nothing?

It's ok..nothing spectacular imo. I got bored like 10hrs into it.

This could be because I had just played Van Helsing I, Grim Dawn and Aarklash Legacy. Original Sin is similar - just a lot more polished.

Just for the day. Maybe. Probably.
it looks good.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dreaming Sarah -- MB-C9EC9DCA83E754DC - Taken by Teppic
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-2A08F5A2BA91A8FE - Taken by anastef

Dr Dogg

Wow.

Just tried the iDLEM@STER app. Turns out I have 230 games to idle through to get all the cards from my backlog. This is...rather higher than I expected, oops.

Also: Shadowgate out this month, yey. I Kickstarted this and have been on a bit of a media blackout, I just can't wait to get the game and die, die many times.

Until then trying to think of games to play. Got to NG+ on Rogue Legacy and lost motivation for that. May try to get back into Sleeping Dogs for some reason.

Rouge Legacy hooked me when I sat down and played it straight, I mean like 8 hours straight but I've had a hard time getting back into it.

Sleeping Dogs on the other hand needs no excuse to be played. Even the mundane things are fun in that game for me.

I was going to have a BBQ today with my family but now it's raining big time.

Skyrim it is!

Well I'm sure you could pop a couple of Destruction spells in each hand and have your own BBQ if you happen across a pack of wolves. Not the same I know but at least PETA wouldn't get mad.

Anteater

ffs, my d: was acting weird so I went ahead and plugged it into another sata slot, and my windows wouldn't boot, so I was thinking maybe I fucked something up so I plugged it back to the original slot, lol, but shit still wouldn't boot and stuck at a windows logo!

So I started safemode and I find that it was stuck at loading aswrvrt.sys, i was trying to find a solution on the net and just when i clicked on the links my internet went down, fuck!

Turns out it was avast or some shit so I went into command prompt and moved that aswrvrt.sys file from the drivers folder somewhere else and now it boots, god damn it.

And now my internet is back, wtf

neoemonk

Excuse me while I get in the way back machine here but I'm having fun with AC:Brotherhood. One of those games that was acquired for cheap on a Steam sale that I never played.

My question is, once I finish should I just skip right to Black Flag? My impression is that Revelations and III weren't particularly well received. I'm really enjoying Brotherhood as it feels like a natural evolution to AC II but I don't know what new mechanics and systems they added to the next two games or if they are worth spending time with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom