• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
god damn it, I was so close. the symbols ARE the numbers in half, like I was trying to do (cut them in half with the poles), and I had the 4.5 and 2 down, that middle one was a 6 tho, not a 8 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh well at least I know what to do when I go back

mostly stuff like the poem with the safe code, or the suicide room. and like I said, I had the right idea, I just fucked up on the third number...I couldnt get the camera right to cut the third number in half :/

Yeah, only one digit off isn't that bad though, at least you were going in the right direction. Makes you wonder how much more obtuse these puzzles are gonna get in this game. I didn't even no before this chapter it was all top down til I looked at the steam page ha.

o_O

giphy.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
also i really wish you could use the dpad at least for dialogue

other than that no issues with tits so far

I'd like to remap some stuff like the run button, but the only problem I've had with Trails so far is the intro movie being messed up.

That annotation link though.

Doesn't even hold a candle to my boy Bangs.

Lomax

This was in the Steam client

OK Now I am to be scared...

I called PayPal and this is what they told me, that if the money is not taken from my bank account it will default to the next payment option (in this case a current check card.) I also then called my old bank to make sure my accounts were closed and they were..

So I thought I was in the clear until I read JaseC's post and now I am scared again lol

all according to JaseC's keikaku?

translators note: keikaku means plan

Steam will never know unless Paypal rejects the charge. As long as paypal has some means to charge you the cost, they will. From the sounds of it, you have a check card they can use so you'll be fine. You'd only really have problems with steam if the rejection came back as a stolen card, if it just comes back insufficient funds, they'll just cancel the transaction. I really don't think you're going to have any problems.

Uzzy

I really need to finish Revengeance.

Someone make me.

Put the OST on and listen to it 24/7. This will cause your body to get hyped enough to finish Revengeance and defeat that Senator.

Alternatively, cheese it out. Get the white outfit and farm 10 health packs, then go at it again.

Arthea

i don't really like care too much for playing games with a mouse & keyboard so prolly doesn't matter

like i'd rather use a controller 99% of the times just because of my ability to lay down in my bed while playing em

tho post you config if you want, maybe i'll try it

nothing much actually, you just have to change yes for left mouse button and no for right, it's too weird otherwise.
Why you wanna use mouse:
1. you move around faster while using mouse, can't say I see difference but some people see
2. s-break with mouse is extremely convenient, as if it was meant for mouse,
it probably was
3. moving camera with scroll it just too good to pass.

keyboard shortcuts aren't that much better than controller ones, I admit that, but mouse controls are superb.

It's not worth it :(

It felt like a mediocre mod at best.

It's a pity... is it just short or in general underdelivers?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
SPLATTER (Desura) -- MB-60EF220BDB7EE77A
ulgzbKC.png
OOZI EARTH ADVENTURE (Desura) -- MB-2384DC7D0C3B5E7A - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
PROJECT NIGHT (Desura) -- MB-D9F25FF058EDE3E7
ulgzbKC.png
LA-MULANA (Desura) -- MB-0B850FE027479086 - Taken by 73V3N. 14 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BATTLEPATHS (Desura) -- MB-AE1F806456B8E9FA
ulgzbKC.png
FAIRY BLOOM FREESIA (Desura) -- MB-7C8683D876157143 - Taken by gngf123. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
ALTEREGO DREAMWALKER (Desura) -- MB-0CE037405C069F46 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
SUPER PANDA ADVENTURES (Desura) -- MB-8952FF7E89F93281
ulgzbKC.png
ONIKEN (Desura) -- MB-0DFBA714C7EF2BB5 - Taken by cardinalmind. 6 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
LAST KNIGHT (Desura) -- MB-6D7484240EEAFA5F - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SMOOTH OPERATORS CALL CENTER CHAOS (Desura) -- MB-173910EF39D4C09C - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BATTLEMASS (Desura) -- MB-B115F6A71478D94F - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
LOVE Plus (Desura) -- MB-265F82C206255678 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
UNDERRAIL (Desura) -- MB-4006E548EBB2D2EF - Taken by Jrdan. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
CHOMPY CHOMP CHOMP (Desura) -- MB-CA3F174267A86B78 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
LITTLE GARDENS (Desura) -- MB-68548E2B16A54C1D - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
ELEUSIS (Desura) -- MB-133838DDFE0B0A29 - Taken by redlacs
ulgzbKC.png
RING RUNNER FLIGHT OF THE SAGES (Desura) -- MB-9B2878E535D1EBA8 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
PARTICULARS (Desura) -- MB-1B8AC0C8933492D1
ulgzbKC.png
BLEED (Desura) -- MB-F7CE2D113F5BC3E3 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-0369ED116AFB9B1A - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
DAWN OF FANTASY (Desura) -- MB-D17269BD71EE86AD - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
PARANAUTICAL ACTIVITY (Desura) -- MB-2D7E0A0BCA1C9F49 - Taken by David___. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
FORCELINE (Desura) -- MB-1357040C9DC08A56 - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
RADICAL ROACH (Desura) -- MB-669D948CDBEACD12
ulgzbKC.png
PARANORMAL (Desura) -- MB-0DB679F17752D0FF - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
8BIT COMMANDO (Desura) -- MB-C1FCE551A990C252 - Taken by Zero-Crescent

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BATTLEPATHS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407059367z1.png

Ozium

If nothing changed the Desura key will give you a Steam key on Desura.

not sure if true... feelings now conflicted.

gonna pass out lol

edit: went to desura's site and it says you will get a steam key.. thanks! entered... regaining consciousness.

I finally tried In-Home Streaming now that it's released.....and damn. It's awesome.

I had a lot of stuttering when it was in beta and couldn't play anything that well. Just fired up Divinity and it runs like butter. Excellent.

Has Valve shown any interest in improving the mobile apps? It would be great if you could do more than just buying games, but the client is too limited to do anything beyond that. You can't even rearrange the wishlist. The app really feels soulless and like it was simply coded to make more money.

Hugstable

Banned
Has Valve shown any interest in improving the mobile apps? It would be great if you could do more than just buying games, but the client is too limited to do anything beyond that. You can't even rearrange the wishlist. The app really feels soulless and like it was simply coded to make more money.

Yeah they need a lot of things to improve in the mobile app. I have to close up some many windows sometimes since it runs the app each time for each message that comes through. Not a big deal, but it makes me have to close out of 6 or 7 different steam mobile things every once in awhile. I also wish that when I touched my friends name on the chat list that it would take me directly to teh chat instead of right to the profile page, makes it hard to keep up with everything when I always have to click through into the profile first, then the chat. Still nice to be able to have on my phone though.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I finally tried In-Home Streaming now that it's released.....and damn. It's awesome.

I had a lot of stuttering when it was in beta and couldn't play anything that well. Just fired up Divinity and it runs like butter. Excellent.

Does anyone know if I`ll be able to stream to my laptop that has integrated graphics? Does it affect performance by much?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RIP in peace Nabs, for he was eaten by the jaguar :(

tumblr_m7djj18uOF1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

GGs Nabs :p

I wish I could comment on item listings on the Steam market. I'm watching all these guys try and undercut each other on this low-demand CSGO skin in hopes of getting it to sell.

Only 2 have sold a day for the past 2 weeks, you idiots--and at varying price points. Lowering the price won't help. You're just gonna get less money when yours sells.

gabbo

Has Valve shown interest in improving much of anything that isn't how hands off they are about games being picked/sold on steam? I don't see their mobile app as a huge priority, at least, from the lack of anything said by the company, anyway

The sad thing is that if they worked on it a bit more to allow you to use the Community Market they could make some serious money.

I wish I could comment on item listings on the Steam market. I'm watching all these guys try and undercut each other on this low-demand CSGO skin in hopes of getting it to sell.

Only 2 have sold a day for the past 2 weeks, you idiots--and at varying price points. Lowering the price won't help. You're just gonna get less money when yours sells.

But since only very few items are sold, the one which is at the lowest price is going to sell when a potential buyer eventually looks for it. So you either get a little bit of money by being the lowest (through undercutting) or you have to wait for months while getting nothing.

But since only very few items are sold, the one which is at the lowest price is going to sell when a potential buyer eventually looks for it. So you either get a little bit of money by being the lowest (through undercutting) or you have to wait for months while getting nothing.

Or just keep the stupid item. If I make less than 5 cents on an item, I generally just keep it. Not worth my time to try and micro-manage selling it for that extra penny.

You don't even need to undercut to be first in the list of listings though. But yeah I get that. The speed that it's happening at is the weird thing.

Deitus

I was going to try to think of a creative giveaway, but none of the ideas I had are quite fleshed out yet. In the meantime, I figured I'd give away something that seems to be highly in demand on SteamGAF. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Deitus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key.
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-B760BCC3E83674FC - Taken by PriitV. 80 entrants total.

t1407104673z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom