• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I need help I just purchased some games on Steam and my normal card wasn't on there (maybe because of m&ms?) so I did pay w/ paypal, and it automatically charged my paypal account instead of taking me over to a paypal page like when you add funds... and it said it took the money from a bank account that doesnt exist and I forgot to remove it from paypal...

what the hell do I do? is my steam account going to be banned?

omg i am freaking out now

A bank account that doesnt exist? i think you just might have stumbled into a gold mine there.
But seriously, its strange that it didn't take you to the paypal site. Were you using Chrome and Enhanced Steam?
You could contact paypal customer support and ask about recent transactions and see what happened.
-------------------

Does anyone know where i can buy CSGO keys cheaper than the Marketplace?

Parsnip

RvMoxZn.png
TiTs
Thanks for the impressions, I'll keep it on my wishlist.

Arthea

I see Stallion is here, so how about giving me final verdict on Rise of the Dark Spark? Should I remove it from my wishlist and forget it exists as people keep telling me?

Also watched Transformers, had fun.
random thought:
"You have to make what your makers made you to do" is almost as good as "people die when they are killed"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need help I just purchased some games on Steam and my normal card wasn't on there (maybe because of m&ms?) so I did pay w/ paypal, and it automatically charged my paypal account instead of taking me over to a paypal page like when you add funds... and it said it took the money from a bank account that doesnt exist and I forgot to remove it from paypal...

Valve stopped banning accounts 18 months ago. Submit a ticket explaining the problem, stating that you'd like the purchase to be cancelled, and with any luck it'll be seen before your account is placed in a restricted state (no purchasing/CD key redemption/gifting/trading).

zkylon

zkylewd
You were just idling for cards.

well i did check the options menu

Valve stopped banning accounts 18 months ago. Submit a ticket explaining the problem, stating that you'd like the purchase to be cancelled, and with any luck it'll be seen before your account is placed in a restricted state (no purchasing/CD key redemption/gifting/trading).
ok new saorise i can appreciate

not my fave doe lol

I got into the Evolve alpha, which is pretty sweet... Except that I probably can't play it. I signed up anticipating having finished my new gaming PC, but I ran into some money problems, so I'm still stuck on my laptop. I guess we'll see how this goes.

Jawmuncher

Well, at least he told you up front... you know, unlike those girls who lead you along and then stab you in the heart 76 times after they set it on fire.

Now you reminded me of the Yandere Game Gravelord_Nito wanted to make. Man that concept would be too good for a rogue like game.

Vuze

Just curious: How long is this restricted state lasting?

Lomax

Go check your paypal account and look and see what happened there. More than likely when your bank account failed it automatically charged your credit card as back up, that's the way Paypal is normally set up. It's also possible they'll give you the opportunity to change the payment there.

Kanhir

The AC: Unity preorder banner is taunting me. I keep telling myself "wait for reviews, it'll probably run like shit on PC and it's not even out for almost three months anyway", but it's like my sensible voice is behind a wall of Want.

Is this what it feels like to be a Steam drone?

JaseC

not even close!

Is that a challenge?

i'd give it a rating of cold tits

The best kind. Also iunderstoodthatreference.gif

The AC: Unity preorder banner is taunting me. I keep telling myself "wait for reviews, it'll probably run like shit on PC and it's not even out for almost three months anyway", but it's like my sensible voice is behind a wall of Want.

Is this what it feels like to be a Steam drone?

I'm really curious as to how the PC version will turn out. Optimistically you'd say that the PS4 and X1 more or less being PCs from an architectural standpoint bodes well.

Is Thief worth it for $10?

Thief is worth that 10$ if you know what you're walking into. It's a flawed game in terms of design, it dances between being something similar to the earlier Thief games and a modern highly scripted, linear cinematic games. So basically Thief's design feels pretty conflicted. There's even some Deus Ex: Human Revolution-styled leaps from 1st to 3rd person sequences in the game but they're only at the beginning and pretty much the very end of the game. There's a roughly ten hour period in-between (depending how hard you stick to doing just the main missions) where you don't see that perspective switch used again.

Thief also feels like it was pushed out too soon, like it needed some more love and polish. There are issues with the context sensitive locomotion, audio design, the interactive lighting, enemy a.i., pretty much every core facet of the game felt like it needed another serious round of iteration and polish.

The game was designed for a controller, if you don't have one certain actions may simply feel awkward. No button re-mapping will ever make parametric button presses on a keyboard not suck. I would strongly recommend you play this with a controller. It's not a twitch game, Thief doesn't require the pin point accuracy of a mouse for combat because that's not a thing to do in Thief. It will also probably make the weird context sensitive locomotion system they've got in the game feel better. To me it felt weird to play with a keyboard and mouse and it felt better to play with a controller.

To say some nice things about Thief...

The City, which acts as the hub between all of the campaign missions, is actually kind of fun to explore once you have three items; the wrench, the razor and the wire cutter. You can buy the wrench right before the first real mission and the razor and wire cutter before the second (if you stole enough during the first mission or in The City). You'll also need some consumables like rope and blunt arrows but those are relatively cheap. There are a surprising amount of secret rooms to find and you want to find them because they're filled with loot. There's actually a neat bread crumb mini-game in play where some chests contain crude maps which lead to other loot caches. You mostly need the wrench and wire cutter. The wrench for accessing a number of areas and the wire cutter for disabling a few traps. The main point of exploring The City for loot caches seems to be to steal unique items for your collection in your clock tower hideout and to get money for upgrades.

If you ignore the plot, some of the main missions are actually pretty awesome in terms of level design and atmosphere but those missions don't appear until later in the game. Probably the midway point of the campaign. There are also side-jobs you can take from Basso and a few other characters that you can find while exploring The City. These are generally light on narrative beyond some small, contained story arc about the thing you're being sent to steal.

This is probably starting to border on being far too much text for a game most have already made their mind up about, you've already played it or decided not to, but for 10$, sure, Thief is worth picking up.

Arthea

I played about 10 minutes of it. I exited the game upon reaching the first town.

10 minutes! some progress was made, still better than 0 ;)
you almost made me proud (><)

I can't reject your present... especially after you even played some Trails!

so much for rats free account!
thanks, I guess, at least it has cards! (><)

JaseC

Can the european dudes use the same procedure that we use for amazon to buy this?
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/call-of-juarez-gunslinger/109270

There's some people (UK) on reddit, saying they're PayPal gets rejected!

Much like Steam, you need a valid payment method local to a supported region to complete a purchase.

ok so it's b/circle to accept on tits

this is giving me ps1 flashbacks

Haha, yeah, it took me a moment to reacquaint myself with that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well chapter 3 of Blackbay Asylum sure takes a dark turn, the game gets all serious all of a sudden (at least compared to chapters 1 and 2), almost like an actual horror game, and not really for the best. Also, it becomes first person for no apparent reason lol. Such a weird game. Unfortunately, the game already wasnt pretty with the top down view, in first person is becomes borderline abysmal. And I got stuck with a code puzzle which I have no idea how to solve, so I guess ill go back to it when I figure it out. The complete serious tone all of a sudden bummed me out tho :/

edit: wheres Ningen when you need him, he helped crack a code in chapter 2 :p

Blackbay Asylum... those codes that you need to decipher make no sense o_O

I know right! wtf?

Hugstable

Banned
well chapter 3 of Blackbay Asylum sure takes a dark turn, the game gets all serious all of a sudden (at least compared to chapters 1 and 2), almost like an actual horror game, and not really for the best. Also, it becomes first person for no apparent reason lol. Such a weird game. Unfortunately, the game already wasnt pretty with the top down view, in first person is becomes borderline abysmal. And I got stuck with a code puzzle which I have no idea how to solve, so I guess ill go back to it when I figure it out. The complete serious tone all of a sudden bummed me out tho :/

edit: wheres Ningen when you need him, he helped crack a code in chapter 2 :p

I know right! wtf?

Was the first 2 chapters alot like this with the codes that you need to figure out? I wonder if what you were doing was actually even leading to a correct answer by using the poles to cover up parts of those 4 symbols on the wall to make out numbers. Also those creepy parts came outta nowhere, empty dead bodies just appearing lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
would you believe me, if I say that Trails are better played with kb/mouse?
because it is, after you do some changes

i don't really like care too much for playing games with a mouse & keyboard so prolly doesn't matter

like i'd rather use a controller 99% of the times just because of my ability to lay down in my bed while playing em

tho post you config if you want, maybe i'll try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom