• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ending did you get? Interested in your thoughts after you get that drink!

Couldn't get a drink, shops were closed.

Dropped the weapon when the soldiers arrived on scene. Was a very fucked up story, rather impressive, sadly I wasn't in a position where it blindsided me out of nowhere, so I had an idea of what I was getting into, but it still had the impact.

gibs
brtl3hujvh.gif

Looks like fun. :D

iosefe

And only one person shall emerge victorious, while the rest shall cry on the floor in self pity. I'm happy I don't have to deal with this pain any more.

24 hours of ignominy

expect a LOT of giveaways soon.

ALSO! 1 Hour Warning!
header_292x136.jpg

When we are playing:
t1407022200z1.png

Quote this post to see joining instructions

we should totally use the mumble chat.

Follow the following guide(method 1) in order to join
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=135538998

It just baffles me how a company that is in Valve's position is so bad at the user interface and user experience in general. The mobile app on Android is beyond ugly and the desktop client isn't a looker either. It wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't slow as hell, too. Is there anyone at Valve that is responsible for it? Anyone one can talk to or send a mail to? It really doesn't have to be like this and I wish they'd actually care about their users.

Hugstable

Banned
I was going to try to think of a creative giveaway, but none of the ideas I had are quite fleshed out yet. In the meantime, I figured I'd give away something that seems to be highly in demand on SteamGAF. Enjoy!

Still a really great giveaway! I'm sure there a tons of people who still don't own the awesomeness that is Divinity Original Sin! I really like that combat system and the dialouges that I've come upon so far have been pretty funny. Someday I will finally dig into this game big time once I clear out my current backlog of games.

Vecks

I decided to try and finish a game last night for the sake of it. Finished Enslaved, after 8 months of playing it on and off. Not a very fun game. Combat and "platforming" was pretty much the same thing throughout the entire experience, and there really wasn't much to the story. But, of course, I played it for the setting and the visuals, and that did not disappoint.

MUnited83

For you.
Best ending of Spec Ops is the one where you
shoot at the guys that came to rescue you, and when you finish them up, Walker picks up the walkie-talkie and says "Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai". Shit was eerie and perfect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
100% Orange Juice will be in the groupees Build a Be Mine bundle which starts soon (I imagine monday)

Deitus

24 hours of agnoy

Yeah, but I figured this was more fair to people in different timezones. For a smaller game I prefer 3 hour giveaways, but in this case I think people would be disappointed to miss it.

Still a really great giveaway! I'm sure there a tons of people who still don't own the awesomeness that is Divinity Original Sin! I really like that combat system and the dialouges that I've come upon so far have been pretty funny. Someday I will finally dig into this game big time once I clear out my current backlog of games.

Well I certainly hope there are people who want it. And thanks.

I know what you mean though. I still haven't bought it for myself yet, as I know for sure it would just sit in my backlog for months before I got around to playing it. It looks really good though.

RS4-

ModBot said:
Instructions for RS4-:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RS4-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

spacechem -- MB-DAF0B06C33B72DF0

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for spacechem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Blows my mind some still don't have Spacechem

And facebook is garbage.

Dr Dogg

Best ending of Spec Ops is the one where you
shoot at the guys that came to rescue you, and when you finish them up, Walker picks up the walkie-talkie and says "Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai". Shit was eerie and perfect.

Yep definitely. Mainly because that
AA-12 is my fav weapon in the game so getting a chance to use it again is awesome.
You can finish the ending in two ways as well
if you bite it early it's slightly different than if you wipe all the guys out.

I decided to try and finish a game last night for the sake of it. Finished Enslaved, after 8 months of playing it on and off. Not a very fun game. Combat and "platforming" was pretty much the same thing throughout the entire experience, and there really wasn't much to the story. But, of course, I played it for the setting and the visuals, and that did not disappoint.

Visually it's a really stunning game (Mark Richard Davies was the lead designer on Enslaved and subsequently join Naughty Dog and worked on The Last of Us in a similar capacity) and some of the performance capture in the cutscenes is a step up from a lot of games at the time. But good grief did some of the levels get tedious. That last couple really went on way too long and especially when they involve running back and forth either pulling levers or shooting things which is not the games strong suit. Still bar the occasional announce I did enjoy it but must get round to doing the DLC, Pigsey's Perfect 10, as that gets rave reviews round these parts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hrmmmm, figures.

seems to be a selection of past Be Mine games, will probably own most of it if thats the case :/

anyone knows whats up with Royal Quest? says its f2p and out but I only see the DLC for purchase, video looks nice I wouldnt mind trying it

Ozium

seems to be a selection of past Be Mine games, will probably own most of it if thats the case :/

anyone knows whats up with Royal Quest? says its f2p and out but I only see the DLC for purchase, video looks nice I wouldnt mind trying it

Are you basing OJ on the Artwork? I hope you are right, but I'm remembering Bardbarian vs The Banner Saga lol...

also one of the Groupees admin said in the chat that it's not a rehash

Code:
Jonny CappuccinoGroupees HQ 17:38
refresh to behold the artwork
and to squash the rumor, it's not a rehash

maneil99

Fuck me, bought a SSD, Windows 8 key is locked so I can;'t unlock it until monday which means no OS... Anyone here sell 8.1/8 keys

Rhaknar

Are you basing OJ on the Artwork? I hope you are right, but I'm remembering Bardbarian vs The Banner Saga lol...

also one of the Groupees admin said in the chat that it's not a rehash

Code:
refresh to behold the artwork
and to squash the rumor, it's not a rehash

yes im basing it on the art...its fucking glass of orange juice :(

Decided to afford some games I had given up on a chance at redemption. Coming up in a week upon my return to college I'll be starting Morrowind. But I had to have something to play through this week, and choosing between E.Y.E and Deus Ex, I went with E.Y.E as it's the most mysterious.

I'm farther than I've ever gotten already (aka past the first mission) and thanks to a handy guide now understand the inventory, research, and what the stats mean.

It's still one of the most mysterious of jogos I've ever encountered. They drop you in medias res with characters that speak a language I don't understand and who often have incredibly incorrect english subtitles and/or disgusting dialogue. From what I can gather, the setting's pretty much Intergalactic Ghost in the Shell. Cyberbrains and cloaking and interdemensional beings, shit like that.

I've actually enjoyed my time with it so far, now that I know what's going on. Maybe I can finish it this week.

The Cowboy

I don't need it, so have at it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Cowboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GTR Evolution -- MB-0308C44726588650 - Taken by Fox318

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ozium, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-337FA4348565A13C - Taken by wetflame. 30 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-5D0F050D0808C102 - Taken by freshVeggie. 32 entrants total.

t1407024089z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Yep definitely. Mainly because that
AA-12 is my fav weapon in the game so getting a chance to use it again is awesome.
You can finish the ending in two ways as well
if you bite it early it's slightly different than if you wipe all the guys out.

Yep, that one was good too, but the way
that damn line is uttered on the kill all ending... it's downright perfect, even more when you remember that same line was said on the beginning of the game.

MUnited83

For you.
Seriously people, Murdered: Soul Suspect needs more love. I can't believe it only has 59 metacritic.o_O

It's a pretty fun game. But it was way overpriced, and the game was one of the most obvious bombas I've seen(along with remember me) Will be 5$ in a couple months so people should wait for that. The developers don't exist already so It's not like you will be affecting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom