• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was the first 2 chapters alot like this with the codes that you need to figure out? I wonder if what you were doing was actually even leading to a correct answer by using the poles to cover up parts of those 4 symbols on the wall to make out numbers. Also those creepy parts came outta nowhere, empty dead bodies just appearing lol.

god damn it, I was so close. the symbols ARE the numbers in half, like I was trying to do (cut them in half with the poles), and I had the 4.5 and 2 down, that middle one was a 6 tho, not a 8 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh well at least I know what to do when I go back

Was the first 2 chapters alot like this with the codes that you need to figure out? I wonder if what you were doing was actually even leading to a correct answer by using the poles to cover up parts of those 4 symbols on the wall to make out numbers. Also those creepy parts came outta nowhere, empty dead bodies just appearing lol.

mostly stuff like the poem with the safe code, or the suicide room. and like I said, I had the right idea, I just fucked up on the third number...I couldnt get the camera right to cut the third number in half :/

Thief also feels like it was pushed out too soon, like it needed some more love and polish. There are issues with the context sensitive locomotion, audio design, the interactive lighting, enemy a.i., pretty much every core facet of the game felt like it needed another serious round of iteration and polish.

Yeah, which is a surprise because it spent years in development hell. They couldn't decide whether they wanted it to be a sequel or a reboot, and their compromise was this weird hybrid that has an absurd amount of nods to the original trilogy but is still set two hundred years later.

That's one of the reasons why I haven't bought it. I'll wait until it hits $7.50 before I bite.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I see Stallion is here, so how about giving me final verdict on Rise of the Dark Spark? Should I remove it from my wishlist and forget it exists as people keep telling me?

Also watched Transformers, had fun.
random thought:
"You have to make what your makers made you to do" is almost as good as "people die when they are killed"
It's not worth it :(

It felt like a mediocre mod at best.

If you're not a US resident for tax purposes you just "sign" a digital form declaring as much and Valve never bothers you again... unless you purchased something from the US store back when it was easy to do so, in which case you'll have to provide proof of international residency and this can take weeks as the documents need to be verified. Have fun. ;)

It didn't take that long for me. I sent in a scan (front and back) of my health card - I'm Canadian - and I was approved in just over a week.

tylerf

It feels almost sad to have no card drops remaining. Even though I've made a stupid amount of money out of nothing it's like a little bit of hope for the future is gone. ;_;

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guys wtf do I do if the Steam Market is all "Check To see if your browser has cookies enabled" when I try to use the market inside of Steam itself?
It feels almost sad to have no card drops remaining. Even though I've made a stupid amount of money out of nothing it's like a little bit of hope for the future is gone. ;_;

Three daily prayers to lord GabeN and you shall receive a booster pack.

Edit: Nevermind, closing the window and reopening fixed it.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok yea rotating the camera with start and select is super weird lol

really love how ps1 this game is

gives me total xenogears and breath of fire 3 and final fantasy 8 and suikoden 2 vibes

Is there any point? With Quake LIVE coming to Steam and UT4 in the pipes as well means that all twitch shooters might as well be cod clones.
It looks like a good Halo placeholder while Halo makes its way to Steam. $15 helps too.

Quake and UT have dedicated fans but a new game that proves itself is always welcome imo. I'll give it a fair shot. Plus I can always fall back to UT4 and Quake Live since they're both free.

Ozium

A bank account that doesnt exist? i think you just might have stumbled into a gold mine there.
But seriously, its strange that it didn't take you to the paypal site. Were you using Chrome and Enhanced Steam?
You could contact paypal customer support and ask about recent transactions and see what happened.

This was in the Steam client

Valve stopped banning accounts 18 months ago. Submit a ticket explaining the problem, stating that you'd like the purchase to be cancelled, and with any luck it'll be seen before your account is placed in a restricted state (no purchasing/CD key redemption/gifting/trading).

OK Now I am to be scared...

Go check your paypal account and look and see what happened there. More than likely when your bank account failed it automatically charged your credit card as back up, that's the way Paypal is normally set up. It's also possible they'll give you the opportunity to change the payment there.

I called PayPal and this is what they told me, that if the money is not taken from my bank account it will default to the next payment option (in this case a current check card.) I also then called my old bank to make sure my accounts were closed and they were..

So I thought I was in the clear until I read JaseC's post and now I am scared again lol

all according to JaseC's keikaku?

translators note: keikaku means plan

Nabs

CliffyB left Epic, right? That GAF-hating douche is making a new game on his own? Dis gon b gud.

Is QL going to be F2P? And it's basically Q3A, right? I would totally fall back down that hole...

QL is F2P with the option of buying a montly/quarterly/yearly pro account. I think Pro has more maps and server options, and you're also able to invite 5 (non-pro) friends to join you. I never bothered to buy into QL since it was so hard to get friends to play, but I might do it once it hits Steam (and is on sale).

Grief.exe

The AC: Unity preorder banner is taunting me. I keep telling myself "wait for reviews, it'll probably run like shit on PC and it's not even out for almost three months anyway", but it's like my sensible voice is behind a wall of Want.

I'm really curious as to how the PC version will turn out. Optimistically you'd say that the PS4 and X1 more or less being PCs from an architectural standpoint bodes well.

Stab in the dark, terrible.

MUnited83

For you.
The AC: Unity preorder banner is taunting me. I keep telling myself "wait for reviews, it'll probably run like shit on PC and it's not even out for almost three months anyway", but it's like my sensible voice is behind a wall of Want.

Is this what it feels like to be a Steam drone?

Probably? At this point I think that it running like shit on PC is pretty much a certainty.

Ozium

Hope you like Puzzles games! One is a kawaii tile puzzler from a vaunted franchise and the other is one of the best physics-based puzzlers since The Incredible Machine.

Good Luck, Have Fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-337FA4348565A13C - Taken by wetflame. 30 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-5D0F050D0808C102 - Taken by freshVeggie. 32 entrants total.

t1407024089z1.png

edit: I paid for these with my steam wallet so you won't have to worry about any shenanigans if my paypal thing gets me rocked

Link Man

Banned
Played some Ys: Oath in Felghana. This game looks surprisingly great in 1080p, and feels great with a 360 controller. I had tried playing it on PSP, but the controls were too uncomfortable there.

Dr Dogg

Stab in the dark, terrible.

Pun intended?

With some of the discussion about new features of their 'new' engine like massive crowds and pretty much the vast majority of development resources focused on Xbox Uno and PS4 with Kiev doing the porting work for PC I'm going to lay my cards out on the table now and say I'll take a stable 30fps in Unity.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Question for Steam vets, what the best way to buy something that gives maximum revenue to devs.

Like I was checking out Broforce's site, and its only sold through Steam or Humble....which is also a steam key.

Since steam takes 30%, does humble take another cut on top of that, meaning less money for devs?

If so then why do devs/publishers allow 2nd party steam key selling via GMG, amazon etc. since wouldn't that add on top of steam's already obnoxiously high cut?

Would'nt they prefer to sell directly through steam in that case?

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish you could set cancel to x and still keep menu at like triangle or square

canceling with square is like weirdest shit ever

Nabs

Question for Steam vets, what the best way to buy something that gives maximum revenue to devs.

Like I was checking out Broforce's site, and its only sold through Steam or Humble....which is also a steam key.

Since steam takes 30%, does humble take another cut on top of that, meaning less money for devs?

If so then why do devs/publishers allow 2nd party steam key selling via GMG, amazon etc. since wouldn't that add on top of steam's already obnoxiously high cut?

Steam only takes a cut when the game is bought through Steam. Humble takes the smallest cut of all the sites out there.

Valve only take the usual 30% when the game is bought through their store, the developers can generate how many keys they want without any cost. If you want to give more money to the devs, buy the key directly from them.

MUnited83

For you.

Valve doesn't take any cut of Steam keys. The publishers can generate how many they want free of charge.

Tizoc

Since I love you guys, wanted to give a heads up to anyone who liked the Arkham games
%27Batman_Assault_on_Arkham%27_cover.jpeg

^THIS animated feature has nothing to do with the Batman Arkham games, BUT
it's freakin' awesome so def. give it a watch if you can!

Since I love you guys, wanted to give a heads up to anyone who liked the Arkham games

It's Arkham canon though

It's at least a sequel to origins

Toshin

It had me at...Night vision..:)

S1n1st3r

Banned

Well its the Arkham games aka Rocksteady designed version of the Bat-Universe.

Also thanks for the pricing advice guys, I'll go with Humble for games I want to support.

Strider

Just went to the CS:GO section of twitch for the first time ever. The fact you can watch a stream based on what map they are playing is damn cool. Other games need filters like that too.

Tizoc

Is'nt it set in between Origins and Asylum? Like 2 years pre-AAsylum events.

Reading up, that's what the press release says but I haven't played Oranges and much of what occurs in it makes me see it as more its own setting. I mean really the entire title of the movie is slightly misleading
Batman is NOT the main character or focus of this animated movie. Much like Batman Year One animated movie, this one is focused on the Suicide Squad with some elements from the current comic.
Non the less def. give it a watch, even if you're not into the comics since as its own thing it's pretty kickass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh cant stream SSF4 for shit, lags the game and the stream is choppy as hell :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom