• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

This is how it is suppose to work yea know. Look at Blizzards and others. Even the ones used for working folk.

The email one is convenient if you don't have two-step and other stuff, but the steam one is quicker if you do.

I even need an authenticator to log into my email -.-

I know that. The email code doesn't expire as quickly, is what I was getting at. I have the battle net authenticator myself, it is the norm.

Do you not click that box where it doesn't ask you to authenticate again on your regular devices? I have that for my emails, but they're only really used when I'm not on my own laptop etc.

E: my faith paid off, iosefe.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
BuoCfpc.jpg

Bard's Gold

eWARXge.jpg

Keen Dreams

iosefe

my Anno 1404 rip off is my highest scoring game, with the (not)Famitsu score of 39

i think it's time for iobisoft to focus on History/Simulation

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sch1sm

So you're telling me I have even less of a reason to buy an xbone?

Depends on what games you want and whether they're showing up on Windows. Then there's the fact that, if you wanted to play with XBONE users you may not be able to in future because they are going to have to take into account how controller users are being slaughtered by kb/m.

It's a case by case basis, purchasing one.

The mobile one is also called Steam Guard, to be fair. But they're both essentially the same. You either get the code in your email, or you get it on your phone by opening up the Steam app. The code on the phone becomes obsolete a lot more quickly, like you've got 15 seconds to type in those digits (if you catch it at the start, which isn't always the case).

Well I feel safe with Steam Guard enabled (email verification) and I want to buy a new smartphone and I'll be using the Steam Guard Mobile authentication for an extra safe step :D

Thanks for the info bro!

iosefe

hot off the heels of releasing Year 1404, i released Year 2025.

it was panned as being "More of the same" and put out too soon

Soulflarz

Banned
Reads like an ad.

It really does, especially with the section about the launch, since it devoted all of one sentence to the major screw up of always online which effectively killed it against the PS4 before saying how MS fixed that all. My opinion lies somewhere along the line that to write an article about the Xbox One, The All in One Games and Entertainment System From Microsoft, and the PS4 at launch and to not slant towards the PS4...is kind of putting a spin on the situation, because the xbone had a much rougher launch, hence to say otherwise isn't ehhh

Actually: "To longtime Microsoft watchers, the Xbox One seemed like the logical conclusion of a longstanding desire to embed the company in living rooms, just as it had in offices with Windows." bugs me more, because I don't think people saw this as a logical conclusion to a longstanding desire. Did Polygon actually write this? Are they actually trying to write a piece on Phil Spencer, or just sell me the console?

^Also I still see the stupid "all in one" thing I put up there as a joke every now and then., I don't care if MS made people put it at first, stop doing it press, it's annoying as hell.

^ thanks for the heads up...Burstfire giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Burstfire -- MB-928354C53B8BC8E5 - Taken by Sarcasm

Dsyndrome

Found out what my issue was yesterday having the server error when installing a game. McAfee and it's real-time scanning messed it up. First time that's actually messed me up on the install phase.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-6586F9DBDF466CCF - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

Kuroyume

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-6586F9DBDF466CCF - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

I wonder what it could be...

Space Marines ho-ha!

Qtm7xXt.gif
PLxJ0O1.gif
kZRohOc.gif

Loving it so far. They nailed satisfying gun and swordplay. Nailed it so darn good.
Definitely having more fun with it than Shadow Warrior for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom