• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Some Burstfire steam keys for free from the game's website. Just needs e-mail:

http://burstfiregame.com/freekeys.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

PRODUCT CODE:
Sorry, We are out of keys right now

Please follow these steps to activate your new product on Steam. You will be able to activate the code after August 6th 2015:

1. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
2. Click the Games Menu.
3. Select "Activate a Product on Steam..."
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process using the provided Product Code from this e-mail.

giphy.gif

Some Burstfire steam keys for free from the game's website. Just needs e-mail:

http://burstfiregame.com/freekeys.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Seems like they are all out of gum :(

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cloud Knights -- MB-A5227EE1E5415433 - Taken by Hektor
Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? -- MB-F53BA23E497BCAD0 - Taken by pantsattack
CARGO 3 -- MB-DCF70E87C8176A38 - Taken by redlacs
Power-Up -- MB-EFA42B5E6C1B566C - Taken by Teppic
Odysseus: Long Way Home -- MB-0CCCEDD3815B4A88 - Taken by someguyinahat
Flix The Flea -- MB-C149DE039B897841 - Taken by Belgarion
VENETICA -- MB-EC81FCE2F65CE36E - Taken by GaussTek
Garden Rescue -- MB-C45FC4601C3E3597 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Organ Biker -- MB-3495C8202ED82FF1 - Taken by Purkake4

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
GGs Dr Dogg and Spin! We rocked the house
at times :p

Dr Dogg

GGs Dr Dogg and Spin! We rocked the house
at times :p

Did we score almost 10 in one match? Less said about the defending the better. More of SteamGAF need to get aboard the Rocket League train!

Speaking of Rocket League just noticed this in the achievements.

Virtuoso
Unlock all original Achievements

Original Achievements? DLC on the way? *squueeeeeeeeeee*

Asgaro

On the gaming front, I found strange input lag in StarCraft II. It wasn't hugely noticeable but scrolling and commands took slightly longer than they did in Windows 8.1, just enough that in a competitive game it felt sluggish.
After a quick Google search I found a number of users complaining about the same thing and all sources blamed Windows 10's Xbox application which is built into the OS and cannot be removed via conventional methods.
Despite never running this app or having an Xbox account to actually use it, it appears this was my problem. Fortunately, there's a Powershell command to disable the Xbox app and doing so eliminated the lag, allowing StarCraft II to play like it did on Windows 8.1. It was a disappointing discovery, but I'm glad it was relatively easy to overcome with some help from the Internet.

http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page7.html

Jesus christ. Fuckin' XBOX!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I was curious about Mad Max/Just Cause 3 PC versions and I had sent an email to the info email address on their main page. This was before they confirmed on twitter (but I received this reply after)

Basically got this reply back

Hi Al B,

Thanks for reaching out and for your support. Rest assured that the PC versions of both Just Cause 3 and Mad Max are indeed developed in-house by Avalanche Studios, alongside the other platforms.

Hope that alleviates some of your concerns :)

Best,
Thomas (Thomas Wiborgh - Head Of Communications - Avalanche Studios)

Whilst there's always concern about the amount of time they have etc I'm a lot more confident now in the PC versions of those games anyway.

shockdude

Here's a little tip that seems to help everyone. Your forward roll has more invincibility than any of your other dodges. So roll toward him when he attacks.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the attacks I need to dodge are the dash grabs & dash body slams, and forward rolling doesn't seem to work against them.
Still I'm getting better and am able to dodge both those attacks pretty well, but mistimed parries and the geyser ground pounds are still extremely troublesome. Best I got him down to was 4% before getting wrecked.

derExperte

Charnel House Trilogy finished and I can't wait for the continuation coming 2016. Could've used some more horror, different locations and less talking about personal problems but the payoff was nice. Well not 'nice' nice, more like 'ohwhatthefuck' nice.

Has anyone played the Choice Of games? Is Robots the best one? I'm curious about the wrestling one too.

Only Robots and I thought the idea was great, the writing not so much. Probably a too ambitious story to pack into a 1-2hr long choose-your-own-adventure corset which led to huge jumps in time and not letting me relate to any of the characters. Worth one playthrough but I'll never go back to try other choices.

Backlogger

Done. So does that app run in the background regardless of whether I've started a game through it or not?

I thought it only ran when you launched a game purchased from the W10 app store but I haven't messed with it too much. Would like to know this as well I guess.

Phawx

Thought it was weird that it would affect Starcraft 2 then. I too have no idea.

It operates the same way Steam/Raptr/shadowplay/Riva Statistics tuner works. There is a hook listening for host/DX9/DX10/DX11 and when it finds it, invokes the application.

With the GVR, it will be recording your game and sending it to a buffer so that you can quickly save the movie after any particular moment.

Recording your game to a buffer has a cost on perf.

ArjanN

Charnel House Trilogy finished and I can't wait for the continuation coming 2016. Could've used some more horror, different locations and less talking about personal problems but the payoff was nice. Well not 'nice' nice, more like 'ohwhatthefuck' nice.

Yeah its pretty neat, kinda does feel a setup for something bigger with the next game. Also,
Jim Sterling is a messed up guy. :p

I'm playing their other, earlier game Richard & Alice that came bundled with it on Steam, and it's pretty good as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New feature is good.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to get a ton of use out of this one.

derExperte

Yeah its pretty neat, kinda does feel a setup for something bigger with the next game. Also,
Jim Sterling is a messed up guy. :p

Objectively he did a good job and if I didn't knew who
Jim Fucking Sterling
is it would've worked fine but I found his voice very distracting and it took me a good while to not think of him.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh my god

Based Jshackles.

*bows*

There is a bit of logic behind it - for example if the "Quick Sell" and "Instant Sell" price are the same, it will exclude the "Quick Sell" button completely. Additionally, if there are no current buy orders on the market the "Instant Sell" button will be excluded.

The page also won't reload (just disable that item) once the item has been listed for sale, so you can pretty easily go from one to the next.

Locust

New feature is good.

Would it be possible to also show how many of a particular card are up on the market? As sometimes it can be beneficial to list cards at a higher price if there's not many remaining.

New feature is good.

Awesome. I actually had an additional extension for chrome installed that did that (Steam Inventory Helper).

Not to downplay this or anything...I'm obviously uninstalling that now :p

New feature is good.

Wow, nice!
I hope I won't be clicking that instant sell a lot though, as quick sell does wonder for me so far.

Anyway, how is the Nvidia game code working for pre-orders?
Will it always count as pre-order code or it'll become obsolete (not counted as PO) if we redeem it after the release date?

New feature is good.

*bows*

There is a bit of logic behind it - for example if the "Quick Sell" and "Instant Sell" price are the same, it will exclude the "Quick Sell" button completely. Additionally, if there are no current buy orders on the market the "Instant Sell" button will be excluded.

The page also won't reload (just disable that item) once the item has been listed for sale, so you can pretty easily go from one to the next.

bDxwIiZ.gif

Excellent stuff as always!

jshackles

Very nice. Any chance we'll be able to adjust the quick sell difference? The inventory helper does that, but since this will make that extension kinda redundant, it'd be nice to have the option. I always match the lowest price instead of undercutting it. Those extra pennies do start to add up...

It should be pretty easy to do, I'll see what I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom