• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Space Marine is only fun when you are basically just murdering weak ass mooks left and right. It gets really unfun when the game throws a bunch of CSMs at you (it's 40K, it's not exactly a spoiler) or you end up fighting dumb turrets in hallways with no way to execute.

Karak

Shadow Blade Reload- Mother of Gawd where has this been all my life. I am having the time of my life. Such a breath of fresh air compared to some of this weeks titles I have had to play through.

Basically a Revenge of Shinobi style platformer with some serious elegance when it comes to level design and gameplay elements.
My review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnYYkQlWHQY

Speaking about Space Marine. Its funny as a did I wanted a Space Marine game and a Dragonlance game. I got both. But just don't love Space Marine much at all. Its so odd as it seems perfectly fine.

Deitus

Space Marines ho-ha!

Qtm7xXt.gif
PLxJ0O1.gif
kZRohOc.gif

Loving it so far. They nailed satisfying gun and swordplay. Nailed it so darn good.
Definitely having more fun with it than Shadow Warrior for now.

First Binary Domain, now Space Marine. You are on fire lately with playing awesome games and posting amazing .gifs.

Test your chances!

And you are doing the Emperor's work.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine -- MB-2FDBEE1E09FC6D96 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 10 entrants total.

t1439272038z1.png

Space Marines ho-ha!

Loving it so far. They nailed satisfying gun and swordplay. Nailed it so darn good.

I'm just going to go to you when I need game recommendations, probably going to download this tomorrow.

I'm not too fond of Warhammer's settings. Too gruesome and dreadful for me. :/
But it looks awesome.

image.php

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tektonic

Space Marines ho-ha!

Qtm7xXt.gif
PLxJ0O1.gif
kZRohOc.gif

i played it a month ago. got stuck at second to last battle, got frustrated.. put it down for a few days.

then picked it up, beat it, and wished there was a sequel. P.S.
use the axe, great beatdowns!

Tektonic

steam categories... do they just live in a txt config file? is that all depressurizer is doing? accessing that?

i really want to delete a whole heap of categories.. which file should i mangle?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ravensword: shadowlands -- MB-D96F4AED3E23CC42 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
undead shadows -- MB-06BAF8D4E79039C7 - Taken by texhnolyze
three forths home -- MB-434744413394C583 - Taken by gurm3n
tobe's vertical adventure -- MB-BB5C0C42ABDF3DDE - Taken by Loptous

The Swiss clap after landing, the Swiss clap after landing!

I've never clapped, I've taken the airplane maybe 20 times in my life and never witnessed anybody clapping. It must have been a lone clapper and then, you know, social pressure did the rest!

Even if we did clap... are we worse than those fools that clap at the end of a movie?

EDIT: we do have a boatload of speed cameras. It's just unbelievable. I used to live near a town that had THREE. Also, using tools such as gps alerts to know where they are located is illegal (police officers are allowed to inspect your gps to see whether you have suspicious "points of interest".
But this isn't the only weird thing about us...

Deques

steam categories... do they just live in a txt config file? is that all depressurizer is doing? accessing that?

i really want to delete a whole heap of categories.. which file should i mangle?
Use depressurizer to manage your categories. There is no problem using it, if it concerns you

I've never clapped, I've taken the airplane maybe 20 times in my life and never witnessed anybody clapping. It must have been a lone clapper and then, you know, social pressure did the rest!

Even if we did clap... are we worse than those fools that clap at the end of a movie?
Yes and yes lol.

I've flown over a hundred times throughout the US and a bit in Europe when I used to live in England and I've never heard anyone clap. It's just a weird meme.

me0wish

I have no idea about the lore and what Warhammer is all about.

Warhammer lore is epic, it's insanely rich, very well written, creative, dark and disturbing. Each faction has its own codex detailing it's lore, history, and rules.

There will never be a video game that depicts the Warhammer universe as it's written, unless it's some sort of a survival horror that's banned in most countries.

Doesn't Call of Cthulhu have a scene where a little girl(5/6) gets graphically mauled to death by a creature? And Killer 7 had all sorts of disturbing scenarios that they got away with without issues. Video games can get away with a lot, unless the Warhammer universe is Naked Lunch levels of sexual depravity.

That did happen in CoC though right? It's been so long since I've played it that maybe it's not as graphic as I remember it being.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Doesn't Call of Cthulhu have a scene where a little girl(5/6) gets graphically mauled to death by a creature? And Killer 7 had all sorts of disturbing scenarios that they got away with without issues. Video games can get away with a lot, unless the Warhammer universe is Naked Lunch levels of sexual depravity.

That did happen in CoC though right? It's been so long since I've played it that maybe it's not as graphic as I remember it being.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I want to say they didn't show it happening, but they showed the fairly gory aftermath. At first I thought you were talking about the scene early on in Prey where a little kid gets impaled.

Warhammer does have a god of depraved tentacle sex, but they've never really...Fleshed that out in the games. Slaanesh, I think.

So, I've been playing Burstfire. It's pretty neat! It's a little crashy, and I don't care for the match making being so slow--I want a rematch button--but it's pretty fun. Lots of opportunities to get behind people and ruin their day with a shotgun. And tons of places to do wall breaches. Everyone loves wall breaches!

Wok

I just noticed that Valve employee game counts go up now. That must have changed back when sub 61 went from "Steam Master" to a Valve publisher sub.

Yeah, I'm just making the point that registry snooping sites did exist at the time*, albeit very much under the radar, and that's how they got their info.

* I was supposed to say "since at least early 2012" as Archive.org's crawler can be a bit slow at picking up new sites -- e.g. after a bit of Googling, I found a mention of CDR DB dated October 2011 whereas Archive.org didn't begin archiving the site for another ~four months.

I remember they were using a terminal or something of that kind.

Seems interesting dlc but it cost a lot more than the base game :/
I believe the version they're selling on Playism is standalone and doesn't require the base game. So maybe they'll just bundle the game + DLC and sell it for 6.99 and sell the DLC separately for 2.99. Pure guessing though.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

There's still codes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spirited, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burstfire -- MB-CD6241CE0741A50A - Taken by titch. 4 entrants total.

t1439287638z1.png

If the store page is accurate, it looks like Mad Max's release date has been pushed forward slightly. Hopefully that means WB is confident the port isn't a complete trainwreck this time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Burstfire #2 -- MB-6308CD60AE258EF6 - Taken by ExoSoul
Burstfire -- MB-5DCBD68A63B200C2 - Taken by AHA-Lambda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom