• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've flown over a hundred times throughout the US and a bit in Europe when I used to live in England and I've never heard anyone clap. It's just a weird meme.

When I went on my honeymoon it happened on both flights.
And then I joined them.
And in that moment I revelled in the fact that I was alive.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
another day
still no FF type 0 from nuuvem
also now FINAL FANTASY VIII key
should i ask for refund ? how to do it ?

Refund what? The FFVIII key you just got or what is it?

I do not think you can refund keys you've already got from nuuvem(I'm actually pretty sure about this).

Corpekata

Banned
Mad Max hasn't been pushed forward, it's just a midnightish release, and thus shows as a day earlier. MGSV is still listed as a 10 AM PST Sep 1 release but that's likely to change to midnight as release gets closer so they'll still release within a few hours of each other.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Mad Max, it's unlocking five hours earlier in Europe. I was hoping AU/NZ would get it first, but alas it's not to be.

derExperte

The love for Space Marine warms my heart. If the multiplayer wasn't laggy rubbish thanks top p2p and bad netcode I'd even suggest playing a few rounds.

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture is really pretty but it seems to run sub 30 FPS all the time. Oh well, I'll manage I guess.

First the walking speed, then the weird 'run' function, then bad framerate, then some negative comments that I suspect will be more relevant to me than the positive ones. If it were just a little cheaper.

ExoSoul

Banned
I've flown over a hundred times throughout the US and a bit in Europe when I used to live in England and I've never heard anyone clap. It's just a weird meme.

If you're talking about clapping on landing it's something usually done in though landings, today people don't do it as often (at least it's the impression i get) but i learned that from several flights to Madeira in my childhood.

Areas with rough landings (cross-winds and such) and with higher than usual rate of accidents you'd clap after the landing to compliment the pilot's skill.

L.O.R.D

is this fake ?

y2IJOjM.jpg

AHA-Lambda

Installing fan patches for Thief 2 and watching multiple directory boxes filled with lines wizzing past the screen, feeling like:

iVHfwLc.gif

I'm really enjoying Splinter Cell Blacklist's optional missions, I didn't touch them when I played the Wii U version because the load times were so long to go into a mission(I'd often get up and walk around the house and come back and it'd still be loading) but now that I'm on PC and load times are instantaneous, I'm really enjoying it! I'm also surprised at how much more optimized the game is than Conviction, conviction ran really poorly for me but Blacklist runs TONS better, no stuttering or anything.

Although there's no Michael Ironside which will forever upset me since the game is actually really fun aside from that(I also wish you could turn off the entire hud)

is this fake ?

y2IJOjM.jpg
Super fake, Gabe doesn't have more than two fingers.

JaseC

What a shame. It's always a bummer when companies corner you into buying a game for a specific platform and that platform doesn't even run it that well.

TCR's dismissive attitude was fairly disgusting. "We didn't believe crowdfunding would generate enough resources to complete the game to our satisfaction" and yet there was a year between the game itself being announced and it being re-revealed as a PS4 exclusive; evidently TCR was working on the game on its own dime for quite a long while and therefore had all the time in the world to throw a campaign together then partner with a publisher if the goal wasn't met. The whole thing was a huge middle finger to many fans whose support allowed the game to get off the ground in the first place, so right they were to feel slighted.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burstfire -- MB-DCABACAA98C483B4 - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.

t1439289499z1.png

Maniac

Banned
It's my birthday, so to celebrate another milestone towards death, I'm giving away a very fitting game. Enjoy and whatnot.

HIP HURRAH!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maniac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-113823002CB8399F - Taken by Man Puncher. 7 entrants total.

t1439299339z1.png

JaseC

I thought free games don't count, at least I remember stump saying so.

You're thinking of garbage dump giveaways. There's no reliable, automated way for ModBot to ascertain whether or not a game is 100% free.

Edit: Aw, I missed my post count equaling my GAF user id. I also missed 56,789 and 54,321. :(

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Why are so many people giving away burstfire keys when anyone can get them for free on their website.

Put in my first email, took like 20 min, put in another email and get a key to my first just a few minutes after, so essentially I was impatient got 2 keys.

So gave away my second key that I got.

It's my birthday, so to celebrate another milestone towards death, I'm giving away a very fitting game. Enjoy and whatnot.

HIP HURRAH!

Happy birthday!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TCR's dismissive attitude was fairly disgusting. "We didn't believe crowdfunding would generate enough resources to complete the game to our satisfaction" and yet there was a year between the game itself being announced and it being re-revealed as a PS4 exclusive; evidently TCR was working on the game on its own dime for quite a long while and therefore had all the time in the world to throw a campaign together then partner with a publisher if the goal wasn't met. The whole thing was a huge middle finger to many fans whose support allowed the game to get off the ground in the first place, so right they were to feel slighted.
The end product seems significantly less ambitious than the original designs outlined based off the footage I've watched as well. It must have been seriously mismanaged as it seems in line with Ethan Carter and that dev managed to put out their project faster and on more platforms.

Nzyme32

Does anyone know why Brigador has been removed from Steam? I was considering buying that..

HIP HURRAH!

Happy birthday. May your next year be awesome

JaseC

The end product seems significantly less ambitious than the original designs outlined based off the footage I've watched as well. It must have been seriously mismanaged as it seems in line with Ethan Carter and that dev managed to put out their project faster and on more platforms.

Truth be told it fell off the radar for me after the announcement trailer... and then again after the move to the PS4 since I had no intention of buying one for the foreseeable future. If I like what I play of Ethan Carter (when I get around to it) then I may pick up Rapture when it's on sale.

Does anyone know why Brigador has been removed from Steam? I was considering buying that..

It wasn't available to purchase, someone just unmasked the app and launched the store page ahead of time.

Arthea

Truth be told it fell off the radar for me after the announcement trailer... and then again after the move to the PS4 since I had no intention of buying one for the foreseeable future. If I like what I play of Ethan Carter (when I get around to it) then I may pick up Rapture when it's on sale.

you can't seriously consider playing it, it's not AssCreed, you know

also what exactly Ethan Carter has to do with Rapture, I'm missing something here.

Happy Birthday, Maniac

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

It wasn't available to purchase, someone just unmasked the app and launched the store page ahead of time.

Ethan Carter is a pretty little game. You can beat it in a weekend.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
AssCreed only comes around once a year. :(

This I'm pretty happy about, I initially thought Ubisoft would go full out milking the franchise even more with like 2 games a year now when people start get tired of it.

EDIT: Forgot about rogue and liberation HD, now I know what stage of milking the franchise ubisoft is at.

Kifimbo

Already have this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Not The Robots -- MB-07A85CC9374D06C4 - Taken by Mixed2k

Couldn't get over the slow walking speed in Dear Esther.
Having played Revengeance just before it probably didn't help lol.
You can't run in Rapture, right? It feels so frustrating to me.

Celestian Tales looks neat. Durante posted some very positive impressions in the OT.

Ruruja

I might start a slow-clap after my next flight lands. One way to spot any Americans I guess.

i still didn't get the key
i bought it without VPN
i got the key for FF VII m but not 8

I haven't got my FF8 key either yet in case you feel scared and alone, I'm just gonna wait it out - it says they have no keys left on the FF8 page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom