• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZOyNjAY.jpg

Curses 'N Chaos

Wow, that sounds amazing! It...

*looks at screenshots*

Oh.

OH.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Evolve is getting a HUGE update today: https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/patch-5-0-highlights-balance-notes/66419?u=thisaint I was honestly scared to start the game up again after I read that it has become very noob-unfriendly but the new matchmaking could change that. If they're smart they'll now do a free weekend asap.

Impressed Turtle Rock's still working on Evolve this far out from the strangled launch. Guess 2K is serious about trying to make it a thing.

Pachimari

Blaaaahh, and here's somebody who were supposed to buy my New 3DS in 1 hour and he pulls out in the last minute. I hate when something like that happens, as I could have spend my day with my family instead of staying at home. Now I'm just selling all of it to a spot price and still, nobody's biting.

Oh well, I'll go install Tomb Raider: Anniversary, having never tried it before.

another day
still no FF type 0 from nuuvem
also now FINAL FANTASY VIII key
should i ask for refund ? how to do it ?

How to ask for a refund?
1. go to nuuvem
2. find the link for contacting them.
3. fill out the form telling them about the problem with your FF8 key
4. ?????
5. profit.

i still didn't get the key
i bought it without VPN
i got the key for FF VII m but not 8

Sometimes I think that happens. When I bought two games somewhat recently, I had the pre-order added to my library, but the game that was released wasn't even shown, but I had been charged properly; I contacted support, they looked into it, and eventually found a way to resolve it, even if it was a little strange in practice. In the end, I got my key and everything was good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Impressed Turtle Rock's still working on Evolve this far out from the strangled launch. Guess 2K is serious about trying to recoup costs.

Fixed. ;) If a switch to F2P is 2K's last-ditch effort, I hope it's preceded by a -75% discount so I can pick up the PC Monster Race Edition on the cheap (relatively speaking).

Dsyndrome

Happy birthday, Maniac!

Hearing good things for Celestian Tales based on the OT, most of the bugs squashed in <24 hours. Looking forward to picking it up when I get home and see how Suikoden it gets.

10e24psywus5.gif

Son of a bitch. You're telling me we could have had a new AAA dinosaur game, something we don't see often. Instead it was changed to dragons? Sad Day indeed. Fits the rain over here.

Don't be sad over Scalebound. It's just not worth it man. :p
It's seriously the first PG game in a long time that doesn't look very good to me...
Also, as much as I generally love PG, I don't know that I would consider the games they make to be AAA.

JaseC

all jasec's saoirse friends are dead

I think it is just me these days as Sock's avatar is intended as a joke and drgambit hasn't posted in almost two months.

allmyfriendsaredeadeusqy.jpg

Widstar starting a beta test for the F2P transition, and hopefully eventual Steam launch.

The site says you can still sign up to get into the beta of you are interested.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2015-08-11-closed-beta-testing-commencing-now/

Might as well throw my hat into the ring and hope it results in a Steam key at some point a la Dirty Bomb.

Widstar starting a beta test for the F2P transition, and hopefully eventual Steam launch.

The site says you can still sign up to get into the beta of you are interested.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2015-08-11-closed-beta-testing-commencing-now/

Maybe I'll try it but, maybe I won't still bitter that NCsoft slowed localization of Blade and Soul, that had interesting combat, for a game that has had the most WoW clone feel to it I had seen in a long time. Then again that's only going by what I watched but, it didn't look like my kinda jam.

Sioen

Hey guys I'm new to pc gaming and I have a question. Do you have to enable vsync with everything? Or is there another way around to prevent screen tearing because without it I get screen tearing everywhere..

Hektor

repost:
ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes -- MB-6B08DF6AB983879C - Taken by Kyougar. 51 entrants total.
I've made a terrible mistake,

t1439311110z1.png

Tizoc

Hey guys I'm new to pc gaming and I have a question. Do you have to enable vsync with everything? Or is there another way around to prevent screen tearing because without it I get screen tearing everywhere..

Generally you want it on to avoid screen tearing but some games may have an alt. option to get rid of screen tearing while not affecting the FPS.
Some VSyncs may affectt he FPS causing it run at a locked 30 FPS for example.

Vuze

Pretty much unless you invest into a Gsync or FreeSync monitor.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Lower settings or better hardware :p

I never use vsync, but I have a gSync monitor, which completely eliminates screen tearing and stuttering

JaseC

Is that a challenge? :p

I like Warren too much, though.

Warren Schmorren.

If the game doesn't sport a borderless window mode, you can try to force triple buffering using D3DOverrider (bundled with Afterburner). In my experience it's a bit hit-and-miss, though, which is presumably why Nvidia eventually developed G-Sync. Alternatively, you can set your refresh rate to a lower value and use traditional vsync -- e.g. using 50Hz rather than 60Hz will cause vsynced games to run at 50fps rather than 60fps, giving you some more rendering headroom.

Grief.exe

Pretty much unless you invest into a Gsync or FreeSync monitor.

Another option is to force borderless fullscreen, which will use Windows to force a triple buffered 60 FPS vsync. Really nice option.

Some newer games are getting native functionality, but the majority will have to be forced through software.

Another option is to force borderless fullscreen, which will use Windows to force a triple buffered 60 FPS vsync. Really nice option.

Some newer games are getting native functionality, but the majority will have to be forced through software.

Actually you just reminded me Grief. I was trying to stream Sonic Generations yesterday and realized there is, not only Borderless Fullscreen (which I expected) but there is not even windowed mode without software. Either way what software do people use for Borderless Fullscreen?

EDIT: Ill probably be there, Dongs.

MUnited83

For you.
Actually you just reminded me Grief. I was trying to stream Sonic Generations yesterday and realized there is, not only Borderless Fullscreen (which I expected) but there is not even windowed mode without software. Either way what software do people use for Borderless Fullscreen?

Jawmuncher

"Big news that a potential dinosaur game was lost"
"Get this instead the same day"

It's probably not that bad, but not what I want to see right now.

It's your job to tell me when the jackbox and other stuff starts. I hope you succeed. Because i'll need a reminder.

Borderless Gaming I believe

edit: beaten

JaseC

Does screen tearing mean my pc is bad? Thanks for the answers.

Broadly speaking it just means that your system can't maintain a framerate equal to your refresh rate at the game's current settings. Some PC games run better than others for a variety of reasons, so everybody without a G-/FreeSync monitor has to combat tearing at some point.

19 people on my friends list own the software but Lashman is the only one who also owns the donation DLC. For shame!

Sioen

Broadly speaking it just means that your system can't maintain a framerate equal to your refresh rate at the game's current settings. Some PC games run better than others for a variety of reasons, so everybody without a G-/FreeSync monitor has to combat tearing at some point.

19 people on my friends list own the software but Lashman is the only one who also owns the donation DLC. For shame!
Just weird that I even get it with wow at lowest settings while at highest it's a locked 60 with vsync.

AHA-Lambda

This Thief 2 game is pretty good :p

Old definitely and the AI is super spotty, but pretty fun so far. Levels aren't anywhere near as obtuse as the first game yet, and the map is such an improvement!

Vuze

Just weird that I even get it with wow at lowest settings while at highest it's a locked 60 with vsync.
High refresh rates don't equal no tearing. If you're pushing 100fps+ in WoW without Vsync, you can still experience tearing on your 60Hz monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom