• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
From 289 games with cards to drop to just 8 left. Thanks jshackles for Idle Master, I'm almost done.

This platform chart on the current humble bundle is pretty amazing.

6DW7NbB.png

I like to imagine there are some Mac and Linux users buying that bundle just for DeadCore, the only game playable on those OS.

Then I imagine Pac-Man as a giant boss fight in Dark Souls.

Well, that's interesting. Heard the usage of that word for the first time ever in this game. Is it still used in Britain? Can't remember having it heard in Brit movies. Either way thanks for the info.

Heard in a lot of old war movies, common enough in Doctor Who, some historical dramas when they want they really want to state how "period" specific they are of the 1800s.

It's rather archaic because it's based off an old spelling, and most who still use it are of older generations now. So no, you really don't hear it in the U.K. or the commonwealth much any more simple because other militaries don't say it that way and of course American, French, Spanish, etc media.

Pachimari

yeah, but cell is just a processor that is irrelevant these days. Would Microsoft really pass on having the game on their platform(s) just because of a mention of a CPU that isn't at all meaningful these days?

And it's not that much of a deal on pc

now, how Snake controls the little metal gear, that's gonna need some work:

mgs4-mkII.jpg

This screen made me wanna give Metal Gear Solid 4 another go. I completed it once, back at its launch in 2008, and I have never touched it since. It left such a sour taste in my mouth, and ruined my absolute favorite series, especially Sons of Liberty.

Back then, I were playing on a SDTV, because I were on vacation in Asia. So I'll give it another go now, and for the first time in HD. So far, I really love Act 1: Liquid Sun, and all of the cutscenes, atmosphere and music.

use this
https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial
fast , no additional setup
good for 10 min per use
Thanks for this! :)

Corpekata

Banned
According to Nuuvem on Twitter buying Olliolli 2 was the cause of my My Games issues, so beware purchasing it into they get their bug fixed.

Pakkidis

I give to all of you, some pretty cool games I discovered I still had unclaimed. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-8EECA4B8BD0D42A8 - Taken by Cth. 13 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-2448A44A4F40CCB9 - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-D43D6FD326CD6A5D - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-09B20AB1B9BB04D3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 6 entrants total.

t1439342061z1.png

Parsnip

2 hours and 34 minutes until next round of REZero t-shirt voting beings. Or at least the the current round ends.

yeah, but cell is just a processor that is irrelevant these days. Would Microsoft really pass on having the game on their platform(s) just because of a mention of a CPU that isn't at all meaningful these days?

And it's not that much of a deal on pc

now, how Snake controls the little metal gear, that's gonna need some work:

mgs4-mkII.jpg

Man, I'd love a MGS collection on Steam.
I'd like to experience MGS4 at a decent framerate, even if it is the worst MGS story.
But with Konami being Konami, it's never going to happen now.

derExperte

From 289 games with cards to drop to just 8 left. Thanks JaseC for Idle Master, I'm almost done.

jshackles being a lazy dev who outsources everything in secret exposed?

I see Beyond Eyes has released on Steam today. That's the game about guiding a young blind girl in exploring her world. Really interested in that.

The GB Quicklook kinda unsold me on it, gameplay was very basic and there wasn't anything interesting grabbing me.

Pakkidis

Just re-posting for the top of the page :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-8EECA4B8BD0D42A8 - Taken by Cth. 13 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-2448A44A4F40CCB9 - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-D43D6FD326CD6A5D - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-09B20AB1B9BB04D3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 6 entrants total.

t1439342061z1.png

KenOD

jshackles being a lazy dev who outsources everything in secret exposed?

Now you know how he can afford all those games.
There's a joke to be said about a Kirkland, Washington, USA created software being against jshackles

KenOD

not sure if i should do this. i haen't put enough time into the vanilla experience.

do i do?

I think it depends on how you are playing now. One fault of the game is that in order to get the best mission scores, it's often easiest to play in a very repetitive and "cheap" way rather than really mixing things up. If you find that to be the case, I say the mod looks great to force challenge and different behaviour and thus get the most out of the game right away.
Otherwise, beat it without the mod first and then come back to replay it with the mod later on.
---------------------------------------------

This sounds like an amazing game.
A dark/sad/weird/funny first person exploration game. You play a man on his last night alive as he obsesses over a mysterious painting. More of a story game in that it emphasizes mood and character over gameplay. Takes ten minutes to play and has "next-gen" features like a shrimp tank.

derExperte

Race the Sun is one of those Trials kind of games that I can only play for 10 minutes at a time before i have to put them down for the day.

Not the best course of action because the levels get randomly generated every day and it helps to learn them to level up to get upgrades.

Nyoro SF

not sure if i should do this. i haen't put enough time into the vanilla experience.

do i do?

Depends on how you enjoy these types of strategy games.
It's tough to make that call per person honestly. Both ways of playing the game are enjoyable, though for some people the vanilla balance hurts the game in their eyes (I didn't even notice, and I found the vanilla game quite enjoyable).

So, follow your gut. :p

Looks great but I think I'll have to play it vanilla to begin with but I'll surely try it out after my first playthrough.

Sure thing.

derExperte

It's better than throwing my controller through the TV screen.

How weird, I never took it for a game you can get frustrated with while playing. It's more a zen-like experience about getting a little further. Or not, music and visuals are reward enough for me.

The Bridge is actually a pretty good puzzler, guys. If you don't have it, and you're up for a challenge, you know. Enter that Pakkidis giveaway up there.

At least, I enjoyed it. It's room based, not a platformer. Still.

Not even that challenging during the first play through, gets real hard only after unlocking the alternative levels. Which is when I gave up quickly.

Maniac

Banned
Just started playing Fallout 3, and it's constantly crashing. Any solution ? It happens when I'm about to leave the vault.

I'd recommend installing the unofficial FO patch-mod, it fixes quite a few things and should be helpful, even if it doesn't fix it. :p

I just started Choice of Robots, which I bought on the premise alone without knowing much about it. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is, I always was a fan ofmake your own adventure stories and that's exactly what it is only with way more depth.

After an hour I went and bought 3 other games from Choices of Games, I'm totally hooked.

They're cheap and have a demo so if you're a tiny bit interested and got time on your hand go try it out!

Choice of Robot is on sale right now.

titch

So um eh yeah it's my Birthday and here's some games

One for each year - yip i'm that old sooooo

140e43f060bf56cc6cc6e87d2f5e4365.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away 44 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold -- MB-A1FA20576835D698 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Rooks Keep -- MB-E77A819F2A2192BF - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack -- MB-2423FB58385A9FE3 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
Bloodsports.TV -- MB-5350FB6BF6C5A93C - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Shadow Puppeteer -- MB-E4C3AFA33C17B309 - Taken by Blu(e). 5 entrants total.
Nam -- MB-B2F154D10A62C643 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-6CB876D94DDA18CE - Taken by Texan365. 2 entrants total.
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-5DB62EE1806E8A8D - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-A4F8F0A52015067F - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-A025D4DF79B83455 - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.
Infect and Destroy -- MB-57AD4BD9D73C258C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
InnerCube -- MB-F91242924E6CFCC8 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aces of the Luftwaffe -- MB-C6F5ABEE6B0C87D1 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Ted By Dawn -- MB-6DC5CDDB85B9BFAB - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-877E002B4B15F7D1 - Taken by Majukun. 5 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-6A77B4CB041E437E - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-B69AA7B262328DEF - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-8231BF41B07D83A0 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Pivvot -- MB-9BCACB04C7D65AC6 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-3940577FB294381C - Taken by Lancelot. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-0E0B526D08F587B8 - Taken by bronkonagurski. 3 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-F70F4893DA399B37 - Taken by fertygo. 6 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-3DB887BDFAA767A2 - Taken by shervinrs. 4 entrants total.
bit Dungeon II -- MB-2DF651C0E5230A2F - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-5E276F233AC130F8 - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun. 11 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-0F3CD1F5739A7B2B - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 8 entrants total.
Alien Breed Trilogy -- MB-A8BC8FA74D5F9DD2 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Unium -- MB-9DD739D4188B413C - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.

Pixel Piracy -- MB-7CD43F0FB13ED0CB - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-3C33BC75A11BB51D - Taken by bigboss370. 4 entrants total.

Ironclad Tactics -- MB-BF7DDE894E10FAE3 - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.
Fly'n -- MB-146FB6D548E462D9 - Taken by Spirited. 1 entrants total.
Gare Sapphire Mechs -- MB-F2F8D0DC92B5B3D7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime (Double Pack) -- MB-74EFE6B594412B37 - Taken by Intel. 3 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-2B58F59451399905 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-CA375F50411D0504 - Taken by gar3. 1 entrants total.
Quest Run -- MB-9C4501482ACB78E4 - Taken by Clockblockers. 2 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-6E2DEECA2A441F7C - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-1CED172186CDA76B - Taken by cyborg009. 10 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-938F4852F1251FE4 - Taken by eyeless. 11 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-6AF450DF5C8A9B00 - Taken by Caerith. 2 entrants total.
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-7F71194AD372BB36 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-988A90B94CDF6371 - Taken by Ozium. 5 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-55A1C0141E9349AE - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.

t1439420481z1.png

Thanks, I'll probably have to check out some Artifex Mundi games - I have so many of them and have only played a few. Last year I played Abyss: Wraiths of Eden (aka Bioshock the hidden object game) and it was pretty alright. I have all three Nightmare of the Deep games, I might have to check those out after reading SomeGuyInAHat's hilarious reviews of the series.

They're gonna be useful! I feel justified now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom