• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

While he wouldn't offer any specific examples, he said that events and actions leading up to an encounter with a boss could influence how it unfolds, or how the player is equipped to handle it. It will be possible to deal with bosses in non-lethal ways, and Eidos Montreal is also working to ensure that boss fights are a "logical" fit in the game world, and that "no matter who you are, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head." But one way or another, they will have to be overcome.

"In the classical sense of the boss fight, it's not a debate, it's not an opportunity to have the same mechanic, the debate mechanic that we have using your CASIE [Computer Assisted Social Interaction Enhancer] augmentation to read the body language and the heartbeat and all of that—that's not happening in a classic boss fight," Fortier said. "Having said that, if you've equipped yourself in a particular way then maybe specific solutions are offered to you and that will result in some dialogue of some sort, but it's not debate gameplay."

Sounds decent. A bit disappointing that they changed their stance, but still an acceptable change in my opinion.

Maniac

Banned
Ladies, gentlemen, I need help. My two mates have given me a budget of 45~ euros (plus the 10~ in my Steamwallet) for games on Steam for muh birthday... What the heck should I pick? The top of my wishlist is as follows:

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99 15~
Total War: ATTILA - 39,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
Elite: Dangerous - 37,49
NOT A HERO - 12,99
Castaway Paradise - 10,04
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Mad Max - 25-ish on GMG if I remember correctly(?)
Victor Vran - 19,99

SORRY ABOUT THE LIST TURF. I'M SO SO SORRY.

-MD-

Ladies, gentlemen, I need help. My two mates have given me a budget of 45~ euros (plus the 10~ in my Steamwallet) for games on Steam for muh birthday... What the heck should I pick? The top of my wishlist is as follows:

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

Shovel Knight is a must play.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

The price on Mad Max on GmG actually got an increase to about 29€, just so you know :(

I'll also add that shovel knight is a great game and will get a big free "DLC" soon and is continually going to be supported for free until they've added all the kickstarter Stretchgoals

LhON0XA.gif

Dsyndrome

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

People here will fight you if you don't get LiS.

AHA-Lambda

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

Life is Strange is a MUST!
Shovel Knight next to it.
Not A Hero I'd also recommend personally but you can wait for a sale, it's been 50% off already if I remember right
Don't get Elite right now, cos they're doing a bundle soon with the expansion.

Maniac

Banned
I'll also gladly take recommendations of recent-ish games that're cool and not on the list. Really just want something awesome to play for the immediate future. :>

Edit: ARK has dinosaurs guys. Dinosaurssss. Victor Vran looks cool... But Shovel Knight & LiS sound like the most popular ones right now. Keep it coming peeps.

Sch1sm

Maniac, I'd wait on Total War for the next sale if I were you.

It's seen at least 3 since June, so.

E: I don't even see any purpose to ARK. I've watched streams for it. Just. What. :|

+1 to Shovel Knight, though.

iosefe

I'll also gladly take recommendations of recent-ish games that're cool and not on the list. Really just want something awesome to play for the immediate future. :>

Edit: ARK has dinosaurs guys. Dinosaurssss. Victor Vran looks cool... But Shovel Knight & LiS sound like the most popular ones right now. Keep it coming peeps.

Rocket League

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

1) Life is Strange
2) Killing Floor 2

yuraya

while PC gamers might not care, you're assuming Sony would sign off on their copywritten properties just being put on PC and be fine with it. That, and there's other licensing issues to work out, like the fact that there are licensed music tracks in the game and such nonsense as an Apple Ipod in there. If Konami didn't work out the rights to be able to put that stuff on multiple platforms then they would need to re-license that stuff to be in future ports of the game. or program them out.

Unlike Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4 would likely require some work besides just getting it on the PC or other platforms

Just pay whatever fees necessary to make it happen. Legacy collection would sell a lot on pc and next gen. If its that big of a deal they should blur out the name brands and scratch the music. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for a developer to do. I just can't imagine a scenario where Konami aren't able to sell their game ever again because of an in game ipod model lol.

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

Hmmm, if your not buggered about actually buying from Steam, you can get KF2 from Nuuvem for about $16 with a VPN, should activate fine.

SHOVEL KNIGHT IS A MUST if you're fond of great action platforms which capture the nostalgia of the NES-era but improving it with features and design from newer generations. Hell, during the SGDQ run of Shovel Knight, there was a professor/teacher who uses the game as an example of level design done right in his class.

I hear good things about Victor Vran, but I haven't played it, it's on my wishlist too.

NOT A HERO is supposed to be good, but I've been holding off hope that somehow achievements will get added down the line.

Life is Strange gets a lot of hype around here, but I've refrained from it until it's out in full.

The rest aren't my thing, so I don't have much to add.

lightning returns is now $15 on PSN , i wonder how the pricing on steam
maybe $30 ?

16.99 just like the rest of the FFXIII series, is my bet.

Rocket League

You and your agenda... terrible.

Maniac

Banned
Hmmm, if your not buggered about actually buying from Steam, you can get KF2 from Nuuvem for about $16 with a VPN, should activate fine.

SHOVEL KNIGHT IS A MUST if you're fond of great action platforms which capture the nostalgia of the NES-era but improving it with features and design from newer generations. Hell, during the SGDQ run of Shovel Knight, there was a professor/teacher who uses the game as an example of level design done right in his class.

I hear good things about Victor Vran, but I haven't played it, it's on my wishlist too.

NOT A HERO is supposed to be good, but I've been holding off hope that somehow achievements will get added down the line.

Life is Strange gets a lot of hype around here, but I've refrained from it until it's out in full.

The rest aren't my thing, so I don't have much to add.

16.99 just like the rest of the FFXIII series, is my bet.
Brazilian KF2? Fucking sold. That and Shovel Knight, and then I'll see what's what after that. :>

Amzin

Only one of those I have experience with directly is NOT A HERO, which I just started yesterday actually. While I'm enjoying it, I get the feeling it isn't a $13 game, probably a better one to grab on sale.

shockdude

It works against them, the timing might just be awkward.
Finally beat him.
I'm honestly not sure if forward rolling has more invincibility or not, but it's certainly more likely to get me pummeled as Armstrong often stays in front of me at the end of the roll.
I just ended up using side-roll. A lot of side roll. Realized that side roll > light attack punish is really effective against most of Armstrong's attacks and is overall much better than the parry. Also figured out you can cancel attacks into blade mode into samurai run to quickly escape out of range.
Hard difficulty was fun, but I don't think I'll go any higher lol.

Btw Sam's sheathing animation sucks, it leaves him standing like an idiot as Armstrong charges into his face.

Parsnip

Boop!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enslaved Odyssey to the West -- MB-370DC8B037255755 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 4 entrants total.
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-C87C9DE1070D9D1B - Taken by Belgarion. 5 entrants total.

t1439329520z1.png

derExperte

Mega-patch for Evolve is downloading, 2.5GB.
New big patch for W10.
Base price reduction for Elite:Dangerous, still shitty regional prices.

Sounds good, I should buy it.

FYI, for those of you interested, just use FlyVPN and vpn to Brazilian traffic; as I've said, I grabbed a second copy last night, since my efforts to get Ningen one via the AW streams were a bust:

Code:
Killing Floor 2	R$55.99 BRL	1	R$55.99 BRL
From amount	$16.56 USD
To amount	R$55.99 BRL
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 3.38270 BRL

Mega-patch for Evolve is downloading, 2.5GB.
Also new big patch for W10.

Evolve must've tanked hard; GF is trying to dump their PS4 copies for $10.

Shovel Knight - 14,99
Killing Floor 2 - 26,99 15~
Life Is Strange - 19,99
NOT A HERO - 12,99
ARK - 27,99
Sheltered - 12,99
Victor Vran - 19,99

Of that list, Shovel Knight is my first pick, and either LiS or ARK as the other, depending on your tastes.

EDIT: Sky Rogue is awesome, too, for suggestions.

AHA-Lambda

Remind me what exactly is the process for buying from Nuuvem, I've only done it like once before.

Do we disable VPN at checkout or what?

Nzyme32

Oh man. That feeling of having a ridiculously over powered run through Binding of Isaac Rebirth after tons of terrible ones:

SO GOOD

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
There should be a new content patch for Killing Floor 2 relatively soon as well with a couple new perks/classes etc. Of course just be aware in general that Tripwire are taking their sweet time in adding stuff to the game in early access so if that bothers you wait for full release. If not play away! I've still put a good amount of time into it regardless.

Thanks veggie! I really didn't mean my comment to come across as disparaging though - more like "Things are going great for me and I decided I really don't need to worry about working for a place like Valve."

I've got a great job where I get to help people every day. My daughter is starting college in a few weeks, and I'm teaching my son how to drive this summer. Both my wife and I's health has improved greatly in the last few months and I've been able to get out and exercise more which has really helped. Also - I get to play a lot of video games, which honestly is the biggest measure of success I can think of. It's everything my younger self wanted to be when I grew up.
This sounds juuuust peachy. Really glad that life is shining bright at the moment on you.

That's not so much a Warhammer thing as it is a British thing.
Well, that's interesting. Heard the usage of that word for the first time ever in this game. Is it still used in Britain? Can't remember having it heard in Brit movies. Either way thanks for the info.
Enabling the Souls for others. You're a good guy parsnip.

None of the above. Get MGSV from bernardo.
I know you got it already lennyface
it's funny because when i was playing SM a couple of months back i made the same point about that and got the same answer.

FV isn't reading my comments. i feel like lashman now
Do we know each other? I could swear I saw a similar avatar in these threads
:p

MaxiLive

So I missed the giveaway to the best game ever Star Trek? Damn it!
KuGsj.gif

Did someone say Star Trek giveaway?!!! The game that has giving me the most laughs in recent years: https://youtu.be/tZ2X8PHAI6Y?t=8m52s

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Trek -- MB-7CDA7AEA5CEAF9E7 - Taken by Maniac. 19 entrants total.

t1439340380z1.png

AHA-Lambda

Dude spoilers, think about the poor people waiting for episode 5.

Also just got killing floor 2 from nuuvem.

Does Bernardo still have keys, anyway?

Some of us are waiting for 5 before playing, please.

I should install and start playing. Soon. When there's about 3 weeks to episode 5, maybe.

Trust me guys, that's really not a spoiler at all, it's a very much tongue in cheek take on one moment in the game. Nevertheless, I've tagged it anyways now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom