• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Ignoring the story and fighting with the army or monsters, I rather enjoyed Prototype 1 as a open world, platforming across the roofs of buildings or running and gliding by them. Much the same way most people only really enjoyed Spider-Man 2 movie game for the web swinging, nothing else.

A game for the combat could work out well, if it was just focused on that and so I could give them money if they show me more that indicates it's more refined.

Prototype 1 had the best feeling movement of any open world game I have ever played (With SR4 and Spiderman 2 close behind).

It was also a ton of fun to just go ham on the city and blow everything up.

Prototype 2 is surprisingly ok, although the movement doesn't feel as good as the first game IMO.

Edit: Oh gosh I'm being crushed by the giant post above me help

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I decided I didn't get enough Ys with VI, gonna play Origin next. You know, to like... start at the beginning again.

Sch1sm

I'm in need of assistance, Steam GAF.

I installed Space Chem. Clicked to play, and was redirected here to install this package, Mono. I installed the package, but when I try to play, it doesn't recognize that I have installed it already. It isn't a Steam error, but one for Mono.

I'm on MacOS, to clear that up. And I have Googled, but most results on it are over 3 years old. I doubt it's because I'm currently on El Capitan rather than Yosemite, but maybe that is a factor.

Am I SOL?

E: Actually, never mind. They have an El Capitan version of the pkg here. Could very well be it.

FLD

Random question for folks who buy things on Nuuvem and pay using Paypal. Have you ever had issues using your credit card as a funding source?

I swear, every goddamn time I make absolutely certain that I selected my cc but it keeps charging straight from my bank account instead. I just bought OlliOlli 2 and it happened again. I don't know if it's getting refused because of regional weirdness or what but it's getting kind of annoying.

The first time it happened, I didn't notice and the charge came through while my account was empty. So, I ended up getting charged overdraft fees, which fucking sucked. :/

Sch1sm

Random question for folks who buy things on Nuuvem and pay using Paypal. Have you ever had issues using your credit card as a funding source?

I swear, every goddamn time I make absolutely certain that I selected my cc but it keeps charging straight from my bank account instead. I just bought OlliOlli 2 and it happened again. I don't know if it's getting refused because of regional weirdness or what but it's getting kind of annoying.

The first time it happened, I didn't notice and the charge came through while my account was empty. So, I ended up getting charged overdraft fees, which fucking sucked. :/

Is your bank account set as your primary when you have no funds in PayPal instead of your CC?

X05 pls no
Thought you guys might be interested in this

pHZLwf0.gif

We Shall Wake
A superpowered sci-fi action brawler inspired by Prototype
Free alpha demo
Made a thread here with more details

Prototype? The generic open world action/adventure?

I don't see the inspiration... at all.

Sarcasm

Anybody got this game:

Wanderlust Adventures is an online, free-roaming, open world, action adventure RPG. Join fellow heroes online, explore vast and deadly landscapes, and capture companions to aid you in your quest. Forge powerful items, salvage artifacts, and crush the souls of menacing foes!

So um eh yeah it's my Birthday and here's some games

One for each year - yip i'm that old sooooo
Happy birthday titchy gren!
----:::: WARNING ::::---- HUGE POST ----:::: WARNING ::::----
Glorious! Missed your posts.
Happy birthday Titchster!

Have a great one! :)

lEwACD5.png
For mystery birthdays
modbotmysterygiveawaylns0z.jpg
We got some true artists here!
Found this in the MGSV PC version thread. People have been pushing GZ beyond even what the highest settings were capable of, really interesting results.

I'm seeing higher LOD and upped light count. Pretty cool. Bookmarked.
Thought you guys might be interested in this

pHZLwf0.gif

We Shall Wake
A superpowered sci-fi action brawler inspired by Prototype
Free alpha demo
Made a thread here with more details
So very fast :eek: At first reminded me of that bunny fighting game but now also of DBZ. Will give the demo a whirl tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for posting!

FLD

Is your bank account set as your primary when you have no funds in PayPal instead of your CC?

Yeah, it's the primary source by default. I set up the Paypal account years ago for eBay, before I ever got my first credit card. But I have the option to choose which source to use before confirming any transaction and it's only on Nuuvem that it seems to always ignore my choice. It always works fine on GMG and Humble.

Sch1sm

Yeah, it's the primary source by default. I set up the Paypal account years ago for eBay, before I ever got my first credit card. But I have the option to choose which source to use before confirming any transaction and it's only on Nuuvem that it seems to always ignore my choice. It always works fine on GMG and Humble.

Weird. I'd do this, so it doesn't happen again:

It's right in account settings. :)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
it's hard to imagine prototype inspiring anything but contempt but it actually had a few cool ideas in it that sound like could be executed in a really fun way

You every play the Incredible Hulk game for Xbox/ps2/GC? it was the devs first attempt at an open world super hero game and it was cool /AF. I haven't played prototype but if it's anything like Hulk ultimate destruction I can understand how it could inspire some really cool games

Belgarion

FLD

Weird. I'd do this, so it doesn't happen again:

It's right in account settings. :)

Thanks. The right side was already set to that but the thing about stores was set to the bank account. Maybe that was the problem. Guess I'll find out next time I use Nuuvem.

Is that something they added recently, though? I'm pretty sure I looked into making the cc the primary funding source after the overdraft thing happened and it seemed like unlinking the bank account completely was the only option.

Didn't the devs/pub mention that game wasn't going to the get a discount (after the initial one during the seal) for a long time?
Or maybe it was another game...

Not same period, but lifetime sales of the top of my head:
PS3 - 800+M
Wii - 908M
DS - 947M
PS2 - 1.52B

So pretty good I'd say.
Could've been Ori, which did receive a discount later, and with a price mistake at that.

And yes, nice numbers indeed! :)

Jawmuncher

Nonononononono.

Now Cheese will add SteamGAF canons to GAF Academy. Q-Q

Bringing that up, I wonder what is going on with the script for that. Have more active new members been written in. Or is the original idea what is being kept. Going in and adding stuff is no small feat.

zkylon

zkylewd
something something stream music
meh

i like listening to interviews

You every play the Incredible Hulk game for Xbox/ps2/GC? it was the devs first attempt at an open world super hero game and it was cool /AF. I haven't played prototype but if it's anything like Hulk ultimate destruction I can understand how it could inspire some really cool games

never played eet

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

It's essentially a better and bigger version of Ultimate Destruction, and then made into Venom (from Spider-Man) without the web swinging in terms of game ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom