• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

The Force Unleashed is not a good game. And the sequel is somehow worse?

I feel like reinstalling Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy instead now just to cleanse my palette.

Megauap

Experimented trying to get a Virtual Machine of XP up on Windows 10 for a short bit rather than sleeping, failed pretty hard initially. Will probably try later on this year after the OS has been around for a while and Virtual Box stops having issues with 10.

Whole goal is to have an OS as a last resort if I can't get games working on W10 with compatibility settings. Having games I've collected since the 90's stop working all-together because of forward progress makes me sad.

Have you tried VMWare Workstation or Player?
I have some virtual machines working great on Windows 10 including Kali Linux, Elementary OS and OS X Yosemite.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Only way Viva Piñata is getting there is if Rare Replay gets on there. Aside from that, this is great. 10/10.

But Viva piñata is already on PC it's just that it was on GFWL and physical and I don't have a disc reader.

I'm pretty sure you can't buy games on GFWL anymore so...

Sch1sm

But Viva piñata is already on PC it's just that it was on GFWL and physical and I don't have a disc reader.

I'm pretty sure you can't buy games on GFWL anymore so...

I know that. Which is why I say unless Rare Replay comes to the Windows Store, the dream is dead.

And you're right. Can't buy since summer 2013.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I know that. Which is why I say unless Rare Replay comes to the Windows Store, the dream is dead.

And you're right. Can't buy since summer 2013.

oh misunderstood you, well I goddamn hope they bring over rare replay then because I need my viva piñata candy crushing fix.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Only if you let your dreams be dreams.
Nothing is impossible.

Yesterday you said tomorrow, JUST DO IT!

So anyone know if I could get some answers about mouse driven menus in MGSV: TPP in someway?
Kinda would be nice too know, even if it isn't really that big of a deal to know before release.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ctrl+v
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition -- MB-1BE8411646451713 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition Bundle -- MB-827207BF61CE47B2 - Taken by Sch1sm. 3 entrants total.
DeadCore -- MB-B7C4C11EFD6A26E5 - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.

t1439369722z1.png

PARANO1A

I haven't given games away in a long time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition Bundle -- MB-37B5C68E66360858 - Taken by anastef. 4 entrants total.
Deadcore -- MB-9A2B2A8E8D177F04 - Taken by nightstorm. 8 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-6AF8FB44698A1B04 - Taken by Sarcasm. 16 entrants total.

t1439379982z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Force Unleashed is not a good game. And the sequel is somehow worse?

I feel like reinstalling Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy instead now just to cleanse my palette.
The sequel isn't worse, it's just like half as long. It's a real step up in terms of prettiness though.

Haunted

Tower 57 looks really good. Great looking pixel art with co-op gameplay.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514621648/tower-57

tQtlu8l.gif

Gameplay trailer | Greenlight page
I don't think it will be Early Access. It will have expansions (episodes). The game is for iOS, PSV and PS4 as well. It won't be a freemium game. The game looks legit though. I really want to get my mitts on it. Reminds me of the Saga games... kinda.

The schedule is late 2015 for the phones and early 2016 for the other platforms.

Click or open in new window to make for original sized files.

The game will be 16:9
These look nice.

Lain

Woah. I like.

Made it to level 821 in Clicker Heroes, with 42/65 achievements unlocked. Maybe i'll really manage to unlock all of them before the 28th.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of titch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 44 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold -- MB-A1FA20576835D698 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Rooks Keep -- MB-E77A819F2A2192BF - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack -- MB-2423FB58385A9FE3 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
Bloodsports.TV -- MB-5350FB6BF6C5A93C - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Shadow Puppeteer -- MB-E4C3AFA33C17B309 - Taken by Blu(e). 5 entrants total.
Nam -- MB-B2F154D10A62C643 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-6CB876D94DDA18CE - Taken by Texan365. 2 entrants total.
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-5DB62EE1806E8A8D - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-A4F8F0A52015067F - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-A025D4DF79B83455 - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.
Infect and Destroy -- MB-57AD4BD9D73C258C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
InnerCube -- MB-F91242924E6CFCC8 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aces of the Luftwaffe -- MB-C6F5ABEE6B0C87D1 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Ted By Dawn -- MB-6DC5CDDB85B9BFAB - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-877E002B4B15F7D1 - Taken by Majukun. 5 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-6A77B4CB041E437E - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-B69AA7B262328DEF - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-8231BF41B07D83A0 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Pivvot -- MB-9BCACB04C7D65AC6 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-3940577FB294381C - Taken by Lancelot. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-0E0B526D08F587B8 - Taken by bronkonagurski. 3 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-F70F4893DA399B37 - Taken by fertygo. 6 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-3DB887BDFAA767A2 - Taken by shervinrs. 4 entrants total.
bit Dungeon II -- MB-2DF651C0E5230A2F - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-5E276F233AC130F8 - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun. 11 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-0F3CD1F5739A7B2B - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 8 entrants total.
Alien Breed Trilogy -- MB-A8BC8FA74D5F9DD2 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Unium -- MB-9DD739D4188B413C - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-7CD43F0FB13ED0CB - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-3C33BC75A11BB51D - Taken by bigboss370. 4 entrants total.
Ironclad Tactics -- MB-BF7DDE894E10FAE3 - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.
Fly'n -- MB-146FB6D548E462D9 - Taken by Spirited. 1 entrants total.
Gare Sapphire Mechs -- MB-F2F8D0DC92B5B3D7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime (Double Pack) -- MB-74EFE6B594412B37 - Taken by Intel. 3 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-2B58F59451399905 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-CA375F50411D0504 - Taken by gar3. 1 entrants total.
Quest Run -- MB-9C4501482ACB78E4 - Taken by Clockblockers. 2 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-6E2DEECA2A441F7C - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-1CED172186CDA76B - Taken by cyborg009. 10 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-938F4852F1251FE4 - Taken by eyeless. 11 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-6AF450DF5C8A9B00 - Taken by Caerith. 2 entrants total.
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-7F71194AD372BB36 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-988A90B94CDF6371 - Taken by Ozium. 5 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-55A1C0141E9349AE - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.

t1439420481z1.png

Tizoc

Just a heads up about GMG's current discount codes for anyone that doesn't know:
You can combine the 23% and 26% discount codes; 26% applies for the game with the highest price in your basket/cart, while 23$ will apply for the remaining other games in your cart.

Managed to get FF Type-0, Armikrog and Celestian for $45 that way =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom