• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

image.php

damn it!

Jawmuncher

Have Metal Gear Solid 1-4 beat this month. Since I have extra time will move onto rising now on PC. Will see if I like it more than I did last time.

Jawmuncher

No Peacewalker?

I count it with the 1-4. Since it is a canon title.
Just not bothering with the MSX metal gears (though might play MG2 since I did beat MG1)and portable ops I'm just going to watch the cutscenes. Since the gameplay doesn't hold up.

Also GZ is included in that as well. I played in canon order.

He probably watched the movie. I know a few people did that here.
I played it, I needed to beat 2,3,&PW on PS3 anyway for the trophies.

MGS4 was a chore to play, the cutscenes were too damn long, and at the time I had little time to play. I did it only on weekends and I played like 5-6 hours straight and I think more than half of that shit was cutscenes.
lina-vi2.gif

Spoilers:
The one in europe was the worse one imo. Shadow Moses was cool, if only for the nostalgia and shit.

Easily worst MGS imo.

Jawmuncher

MGS4 was a chore to play, the cutscenes were too damn long, and at the time I had little time to play. I did it only on weekends and I played like 5-6 hours straight and I think more than half of that shit was cutscenes.
lina-vi2.gif

Spoilers:
The one in europe was the worse one imo. Shadow Moses was cool, if only for the nostalgia and shit.

Easily worst MGS imo.

Played it within two days and I echo the same feelings. Way too much cutscenes compared to others and act 4 is by far the best just because of nostalgia. Still I've been pretty negative about it in the past. Replaying it, it's slightly better than I remember. But still easily the lowest out of all of kojimas Metal Gear Solid games.

Thankfully it looks like MGSV will be a worthy farewell gift for us all.

How about free health care?

To commemorate your birth. Unfortunately, there isn't a reenactment of it in the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-94A96FF477297C91 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1439699439z1.png

Knurek

What what?
Why doesn't NVIDIA MGS5 code grant you Ground Zeroes as well? I thought you get that if you preorder, shouldn't it count as well here?

lina-vi2.gif

Spoilers:

Easily worst MGS imo.

A lot of people feel that way, but I felt most of the gameplay that wasn't trying to do something different or new (as Kojima is fond of doing), was extremely tight and some of the best in the series.

Now MGS3 on the other hand... :lol

Thankfully it looks like MGSV will be a worthy farewell gift for us all.

I dunno about that. Usually I find the MGS games that revolve around Big Boss to blow dead bears compared to the ones that revolve around Solid Snake.
Peace Walker might've been better than MGS3, but something about the capturing enemies aspect put me off of it and I never got much further than the first boss.
I'm leery of MGSV, just because of Big Boss as the main character again (add in that Keifer Sutherland as Big Boss sounds just like Keifer anywhere else and it just doesn't seem to fit)... but I'll reserve judgement until I play it... hoping it'll be something I enjoy, but I don't have the hype most of the people in here seem to.

zkylon

zkylewd
What what?
Why doesn't NVIDIA MGS5 code grant you Ground Zeroes as well? I thought you get that if you preorder, shouldn't it count as well here?
oh bummer

i'll have to gift my brother ground zeroes too?

this sucks

you know what else sucks?

being alone on a saturday night playing depressing section number 47 in life is strange

max starts to feel like less of a loser than me

I don't know how much people agree, but I think MGS2 reins as the king of MGS games. Shit was tight.

Besides, I hated a lot of shit added to MGS3 so I am biased.
blink.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Does owning GZ give you something for TPP?
thinking.gif

According to Metal Gear Informer, there were a few things listed earlier this year:

• The sneaking suit from Ground Zeroes
  • Mother Base staff, including any POWs you’ve saved (it’s not specific yet)
  • The option to revisit Camp Omega (including something ‘cool’ Kojima talked about earlier, something that has never been done before)

Though I haven't seen much about it since.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know how much people agree, but I think MGS2 reins as the king of MGS games. Shit was tight.

Besides, I hated a lot of shit added to MGS3 so I am biased.
blink.gif
i think mgs2 is really good too, the first one is my favorite tho

i miss the mgs1 and 2 days of just infiltrating military bases and stuff, i like like how backtracking level design worked in those games much better than the more directed style from 3 and 4

What the heck made you think that would happen?

i was hopnig it'd count as a preorder and get the preorder rewards

i'm think other nvidia things came with preorders bonuses like hats and stuffs?

Jawmuncher

Since I don't want to make a thread and its PC related enough due to being the title before MGSV here is what I can say about mgs 4

Cons
- Way too many cutscenes compared to prior games.
-The epilogue with
big boss
does more harm than goif
-The first three acts to me feel odd, like he had to many ideas he wanted to put in. Feels unfocused.

Pros
-finishes snakes story
-nice changes to gameplay & controls
-there are some stand out moments

I still find it the worst kojima MGS game, but it's not as bad as I remember. If I were to rate it, it would be like a 7. Which isn't bad but pales in comparison to 10,9,&9 I would give mgs1-3. PW would be a 7.5.

According to Metal Gear Informer, there were a few things listed earlier this year:

• The option to revisit Camp Omega (including something ‘cool’ Kojima talked about earlier, something that has never been done before)

Never been done before will be you can access the entirety of ground zeroes from with Phantom Pain. Wouldn't even be surprised. I'm talking like you can play the actual GZ from TPP but perhaps with TPP stuff.

Not quite your average #ScreenshotSaturday.

Development on the Visual Novel is still chipping away, even as the summer draws to a close. It's been a while since the project was first announced, with only a few small teasers dropped along like drips of melted ice cream splattered along the boardwalk. Well, rather than continue to waste good (insert your favorite flavor here), Sayara and I have a treat for everyone.

&#12456;&#12531;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;&#12539;&#12469;&#12510;&#12540; EP, or "Endless Summer EP", is a blend of nostalgia and creativity. Following a group of friends from the prestigious academy as they spend time together during the months between their school years, it brings us all back to a time we wish could have lasted forever. Washed of our responsibilities, basking in the warm glow of the sun and moments of careless freedom. It felt only appropriate to issue this doujin during Comiket 88. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for waiting as everything comes together. <3

Download link here~

Amazing :3

Tizoc

0022rr41.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMlOouloZoc

Sooo.... we're going to get Xrd instead of Revelator aren't we. They have a tendency of not wanting to skip story lines. Will this have the original Xrd Story implemented into? Elphelt also looks like she has an evil version or alt costume? I don't know. I do know I need this game in my life.

Also... is that Raven/Axl Low at the beginning talking to the white hood dude? I've been waiting for Raven to be playable since 2000.

The first Xrd game is SIGN, the 2nd Xrd game is REVELATOR.
I'm of the thought that if Steam is getting Xrd, it'd be REVELATOR, what sets it apart from the BlazBlue games is that each main game got at most 1 revision and that latest revision is what's on Steam. So assuming BlazBlue CP hasn't released yet, we'll get its latest revision (Extend) later this year, then next year we get the 4th BB game Central Fiction.

Ozium

not just POWs, if you rescue your targets in the kill the targets one, the eye and the finger, they will show up at mother base, there's also a prisoner in the boiler room in the artillery destroying mission.. and you can extract the the two contacts in the classified intel acquisition data.

+ hideo from rescue intel operative.

additional mother base staff based on simply owning it, plus preorder bonus, it is a man and a woman and they have a differnet face tat depending on what it's unlocked for (they look dumb imo)

owning it only gives the man and woman w/ a face tat (not sure which tat) and the option to revsit camp omega in TPP,

to get the people you extracted, plus the sneaking suit you need to transfer the save data

KarmaCow

not just POWs, if you rescue your targets in the kill the targets one, the eye and the finger, they will show up at mother base, there's also a prisoner in the boiler room in the artillery destroying mission.. and you can extract the the two contacts in the classified intel acquisition data.

+ hideo from rescue intel operative.

additional mother base staff based on simply owning it, plus preorder bonus, it is a man and a woman and they have a differnet face tat depending on what it's unlocked for (they look dumb imo)

owning it only gives the man and woman w/ a face tat (not sure which tat) and the option to revsit camp omega in TPP,

to get the people you extracted, plus the sneaking suit you need to transfer the save data

Is this actually confirmed anywhere or just speculation? I'm planning on playing GZ again soon so I'd like to know exactly what transfers over.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
MGS 2, 4, 3, 1, GZ, PW.

This is coming from someone who's played them all the first time in the past two years. MGS 1 story/character wise is magnificent, but god damn those controls can be such a chore.

2 was just so insane. The opening Ship level was magnificent. The Raiden twist was great. By the end it WENT SOME PLACES.

3 feels like the safest Metal Gear Solid so its the least exciting for me. It pulled off some really interesting stuff, but even so the story feels more straight forward action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom