• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BTW , MGS TPP for the PS4 been leaked somewhere

d45IfuT.jpg

9IQOgw9.jpg

beware of spoilers

Great, now Konami can unlock the game in that country and we can all use a VPN to play it. Hooray!

Ozium

Is this actually confirmed anywhere or just speculation? I'm planning on playing GZ again soon so I'd like to know exactly what transfers over.

confirmed, at least the camp omega being in TPP if you own ground zeroes, the extra mother base ppl w/ face tats is on some konami chart as well for owning ground zeroes. there's also pre-order dlc (so like on steam it's called "Mother Base 3") that is the man and woman w/ different tats

it's confirmed that you get the sneaking suit by transfering save data as well as people extracted from GZ but it's not clear who counts.. all the people I listed are requirements to getting 100% though, and are tied to achievements so many believe they will carry over.. but I can't find a source for sure about who exactly si brought over.

everything else is on konami's site, I'd link it but konami's site is a piece of shit and you have to like look at a few different things to collate the data

Anastasia

4 is weird in that there are some very powerful moments, but at the same time some of the craziest and dumbest shit Kojima has ever done. It does mark a point in the series where the gameplay starts to really improve and feel more modernized. It's also aged well visually. But I do agree that it's a rather unfocused game. It also has some super cringeworthy parts
(ugh that wedding)
. I still really like it, but not as much as 1-3.

2 is my favorite in the series and my favorite game of all time, but I can see why people wouldn't be into it, or would prefer 3 more (which usually is the case).

Coldsun

Banned
What what?
Why doesn't NVIDIA MGS5 code grant you Ground Zeroes as well? I thought you get that if you preorder, shouldn't it count as well here?

Why would it? You're not preordering anything, nor even putting money down. It was the perk of a purchase and it's odd to think perks would qualify for other perks.

Ozium

2 is the best it refined everything from metal gear through metal gear solid

mgs 5 seems to be a refinement of everything from 3 and PW

4 exists somewhere in the middle, the first 2 acts are good then the game goes to shit
also the way he answered a bunch of questions in mgs2 because of fan outrage (who were dumb and didnt understand the game) with even stupider explanations like NANOMACHINES, SON.. left a sour taste in my mouth.

Momentary

Banned
The first Xrd game is SIGN, the 2nd Xrd game is REVELATOR.
I'm of the thought that if Steam is getting Xrd, it'd be REVELATOR, what sets it apart from the BlazBlue games is that each main game got at most 1 revision and that latest revision is what's on Steam. So assuming BlazBlue CP hasn't released yet, we'll get its latest revision (Extend) later this year, then next year we get the 4th BB game Central Fiction.

I hope it works out that way.

Also, it looks like they'll be tossing in extra costumes in the game? I'm sure they haven't thrown away Elphelt's original design.

Ozium

What what?
Why doesn't NVIDIA MGS5 code grant you Ground Zeroes as well? I thought you get that if you preorder, shouldn't it count as well here?

it's only when bought through Steam, it's a Steam incentive not a Konami one (well, I mean yeah it's Konami but it's for people who purchase through Steam)

the NVIDIA codes do contain the mother base staff and venom snake emblem pre-order items as well as the making-of documentary. They are included in the sub, presumably until release date in which they will change it in the steamdb

JaseC

it's only when bought through Steam, it's a Steam incentive not a Konami one (well, I mean yeah it's Konami but it's for people who purchase through Steam)

the NVIDIA codes do contain the mother base staff and venom snake emblem pre-order items as well as the making-of documentary. They are included in the sub, presumably until release date in which they will change it in the steamdb

Konami can't alter the sub without affecting those who've already activated their key. It may be possible for Valve to change the sub the unused keys are tied to, though, but even so I think they'll just be left as-is.

JaseC

Has anybody here ever "ported" a map from CS:S to CS:GO? I gave it a shot but failed.

Edit: Disregard.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. CorrosiveFrost
  5. The Dear Leader
  6. TheAutomator
  7. Miguel81
  8. Nyteshade517
  9. Salazar547
  10. KenOD

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!

header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. :
  3. :
  4. :
  5. :
  6. :
  7. :
  8. :
  9. :
  10. :

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!
Sure, I think Ill able able to play.

Is this actually confirmed anywhere or just speculation? I'm planning on playing GZ again soon so I'd like to know exactly what transfers over.

There are two separate aspects of what carries over from GZ to TPP. One is a series of soldiers (8 in total) that are gained from having certain things associated with ownership of GZ/TPP.

(Mother Base Staff #1 - Received for buying TPP) 2 red-haired staff members. Diamond Dogs emblem. Base Development/Intel expertise.

(Mother Base Staff #2 - Received for owning GZ First Edition or buying game digitally[?]) 2 blonde-haired staff members. FOX emblem. R&D/Support expertise.

(Mother Base Staff #3 - Received for owning GZ or pre-order bonus[?]) 2 white-haired staff members. Skull emblem. Support/Base Development expertise.

(Mother Base Staff #4 - Received for transferring a GZ savefile) 2 white-haired staff members. Skull emblem. Support/Base Development expertise.

The second aspect (and what most people are presuming/assuming based on previous articles) is that the 20 POWs/unique characters from GZ can also be transferred over and function as staff members in the game. This is all in addition to the ability to transfer Snake's GZ sneaking suit and having the ability to revisit Camp Omega in some fashion.

What we still don't know is whether any of the following transfers over:

1) Random soldiers you can extract during GZ
2) Songs/tapes collected during GZ
3) Alternate outfits (PS1 Solid Snake/Gray Fox)

There are two separate aspects of what carries over from GZ to TPP. One is a series of soldiers (8 in total) that are gained from having certain things associated with ownership of GZ/TPP.

(Mother Base Staff #1 - Received for buying TPP) 2 red-haired staff members. Diamond Dogs emblem. Base Development/Intel expertise.

(Mother Base Staff #2 - Received for owning GZ First Edition or buying game digitally[?]) 2 blonde-haired staff members. FOX emblem. R&D/Support expertise.

(Mother Base Staff #3 - Received for owning GZ or pre-order bonus[?]) 2 white-haired staff members. Skull emblem. Support/Base Development expertise.

(Mother Base Staff #4 - Received for transferring a GZ savefile) 2 white-haired staff members. Skull emblem. Support/Base Development expertise.

The second aspect (and what most people are presuming/assuming based on previous articles) is that the 20 POWs/unique characters from GZ can also be transferred over and function as staff members in the game. This is all in addition to the ability to transfer Snake's GZ sneaking suit and having the ability to revisit Camp Omega in some fashion.

What we still don't know is whether any of the following transfers over:

1) Random soldiers you can extract during GZ
2) Songs/tapes collected during GZ
3) Alternate outfits (PS1 Solid Snake/Gray Fox)
Now I hope GZ goes on a super cheap price soon. I want that sneaking suit and Camp omega.

Now I hope GZ goes on a super cheap price soon. I want that sneaking suit and Camp omega.

On Steam? I doubt it.
They're currently offering GZ as one of TPP pre-order bonuses. If they cut it, the pre-order's worth will be lessening. They might give it after the September 1st though.

I hate that term, I hope it doesn't exist.
Some people really worship that term for real.

Xanathus

Last mission I need to S-rank on Ground Zeroes is Jamais Vu but it's such a bitch to get it without any enemy alert with the last part and all the combat. I wish someone could play the game for me sadface.

Dr Dogg

Tales of Zestiria:
I honestly have no idea about this gane, but i enjoyed a few other tales of games and this one looks really pretty, lol.

You know what asides from Symphonia and Vesperia I've never really liked the Tales series. Don't know why and I've bloody bought most of the ones released over here but hey because I'm stupid I preordered Zestiria because the carrot that is a PC version of Symphonia for free if enough people do grabbed me. And yeah didn't even bother to check the Import OT for impressions on it, not even the combat mechanics. If it turns out to be another one I'm not keen on it's only money right? Well mostly card money :p

You happy now?
330x192

Alright, alright I'll stop being grumpy.

I've pre-ordered Rising Tide and will share my opinion after a few games.

With Beyond Earth they did release two patches which addressed some things, the biggest problem addressed being the trade route system. They automated it and shifted the gameplay focus on to the espionage system, which is a hell of a lot more fun in my opinion and BE's best feature.

They also did a Wonder pass which changed the function and cost of many of the wonders.

That said the Faction design is still different from Civ design. Civs are hard bonuses, defined playstyles. Factions are soft bonuses, payload load outs are soft bonuses, Affinities are soft bonuses, as are Virtues and building quests; everything is up to the player to define in Beyond Earth. That hasn't changed.

That said, Rising Tide is doing is ripping out the Civ V-styled diplomacy system, which is garbage even in Civ V I'd argue (even with BNW), and are adding in a system which they hope will address peoples complaints about the leaders not having personalities or how players should react towards them. There's going to be a new diplomatic currency system which you can use to either interact with other Factions or come up with traits/bonuses to define your own.

And on top of that there are new 4 new factions, new biomes, biomes having more affect on playstyle, more aliens, the ability to tame them (!) with scouts, water settling, moveable water cities, more water units, hybrid affinities being more valid playstyle, hybrid affinity units, and an artifact system.

I did not like Beyond Earth at launch, at all. I put 50 hours into it, to try and give it a fair shake and uninstalled it. I reinstalled it after it was patched and enjoyed it so much more. I'm sitting at around 250 hours of playtime now. Beyond Earth is still a flawed game but I think it's fun. I love amassing cyborg armies and "liberating" earth, becoming one with the planet and sharing the enlightenment with others through xeno titans or burning the impure and xenos filth with mighty floatstone powered dreadnoughts. No other game lets me do those things.

Oooh cheers for the impressions. Sounds like some substantial changes to be fair. Might go reinstall it to see how the newer patches have altered the game. While it did have some unique aspects of its own and in principle I love the techweb idea I do feel BE stayed to close of Civ V than carving it's own niche and ended up lacking a bit of uniqueness from game to game.

Have Metal Gear Solid 1-4 beat this month. Since I have extra time will move onto rising now on PC. Will see if I like it more than I did last time.

I finished a runthough of 3 earlier in the month, just struggling my way through Peace Walker HD (and my mate who I was cooping with has already ditched it so I may be next soon) and plan on doing a final Ground Zeroes playthrough on launch night for The Phantom Pain.

Add that to my earlier yearly playthrough of Metal Gear Solid (amazing that I've completed this at least once for 18 years now) and I might have 5 finished Metal Gears by the end of the year. And I complained about Souls saturation?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
? why would you browse that place

I subscribed a while back thinking it would be a good "general PC gaming" subreddit.

Every once in a while someone will post something like the above, and I'll hop in the comments just to see "People are criticizing this right? No one is actually this ridiculous right?"

I just looked through my post history in that subreddit and like 30 of my 37 comments are me providing a dissenting opinion or backing up my dissenting opinion.

This was a fun find tho!

DN7WBtP.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I subscribed a while back thinking it would be a good "general PC gaming" subreddit.

Every once in a while someone will post something like the above, and I'll hop in the comments just to see "People are criticizing this right? No one is actually this ridiculous right?"

I just looked through my post history in that subreddit and like 30 of my 37 comments are me providing a dissenting opinion or backing up my dissenting opinion.

This was a fun find tho!

DN7WBtP.png

That one is pretty funny, though PCMR subreddit and the people in it is a joke and it's kind of a sad place.

PCgaming subreddit is much better, they have news and discussion wich is actually decent.

Dr Dogg

Even quite civilised places for PC and tech talk like Stack or Slashdot can be a real struggle to read through sometimes. I don't think there's a forum or discussion board on the internet that covers PC gaming that doesn't have a bunch of loonies as part of their community. You just have to find one with a lower percentage of is all.

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. :
  5. :
  6. :
  7. :
  8. :
  9. :
  10. :

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

I can play, probably.
Just send me a chat message to remind me.

? why would you browse that place

Personally, I do it to downvote just about everything. ;)

why does that surprise u froim a place called pcmasterrace -__-

Considering the attitude of some of the posters in this thread, why wouldn't you think they visit /r/PCMasterRace *religiously*?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
On the topic, I was super bummed out to find that the newest version of ReShade's tool uses hte PCMR mascot as its logo. I know it was originally from Yahtzee, but them associating such a great tool as ReShade with PCMR bummed me the hell out.

1Ogcl7r.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
On the topic, I was super bummed out to find that the newest version of ReShade's tool uses hte PCMR mascot as its logo. I know it was originally from Yahtzee, but them associating such a great tool as ReShade with PCMR bummed me the hell out.

That's kinda sad, having PCMR being the frontpage for PCgaming for a big amount of people is probably hurting a lot of peoples perception of the platform.
As already here on neogaf you see a lot of people thinking PCMR is how all of PCgaming act.

Tizoc

3Some more 60 FPS goodness-
Code:
http://giant.gfycat.com/SingleWanBittern.webm
http://giant.gfycat.com/ImperturbableSandyBrownbear.webm
http://giant.gfycat.com/SkinnyImportantFlyinglemur.webm
http://giant.gfycat.com/NeedyMedicalBighornedsheep.webm
http://giant.gfycat.com/HeartyOldfashionedFallowdeer.webm
http://giant.gfycat.com/ShadowyBigBrant.webm
http://gfycat.com/GrandSphericalCowrie
http://giant.gfycat.com/OddballAcclaimedFrogmouth.webm
30 MB GIFs? fuck that, this is the future of sub 20 MB WEBMs son/gurl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom