• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 33 tomorrow and I still play video games.

Whut.
Average age is between 31 and 35

And for your generation, mine (23), my brother's (13), and the ones after, games are just another form of entertainment. Just like watching hours of TV at night or reading a book.

Why shouldn't a 33 year old enjoy video games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ok...still haven't pre-ordered MGSV. If you can run Ground Zeroes relatively issue free is it safe to assume The Phantom Pain would run ok as well?

To a degree. The level is Ground Zeroes is fairly small; TPP is going to have much larger draw distances.

cyborg009

Banned
I'm really enjoying freedom planet. Its not perfect since the controls still needed a lot of work but I'm fine with it as of right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I would demand like ten billion dollars. Or more than 1 bowl of rice. or something.
being an art bitch is suffering ;_;

It is infact Chariot in the EP not WinterDemons, though... I'd totally love to draw Winterdemons sometime :3c

9 tails

not 1

Now this is the kind of stuff I like stumbling upon. A game I thought had been abandoned a long time ago, since the devlog, site, and Twitter page hadn't had a post since 2014, is still in development.

And not only is it still in development, it's coming to Early Access this month

Super Mutant Alien Assault

special-blast-example.gif
special-mechanic-example.gif
defense-dodge-example.gif

The original flash game was really addictive already, and this expanded version is adding a ton of content, like special abilities, defense abilities and perks. And of course a visual upgrade

so pretty

Corpekata

Banned
Ronin is great but some of the skill points are pretty powerful compared to the others. Like the teleport strike was awesome and hilarious if you did it to someone near a window, but I never really got any use out of the unarmed kill one. Some of the more crowded battles can feel like a never ending bouncefest where you get more lucky with an opportunity more than you can craft it.

I'd love a sequel. Or someone to copy the basic ideas, as given how obviously inspired by Gunpoint he was, the dev shouldn't mind much.

Anastasia

I'm 33 tomorrow and I still play video games.

Whut.

Happy (early) Birthday!

I'm 45 and my mom is 64 and we both still play games. At this point, its probably a life long illness.

I'm 25 and my mom is 70 and it's funny how she has gotten more into games over time. Granted I've been an influence there, but still. :p

I even got my mom to watch Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails concerts on TV recently.
She didn't care for Radiohead but was sort of into NiN.

I have a cool mom.

rtcn63

"Some" would've been a a better choice in wording. :)

Let's see- Chris Evans, Helmsworth, Pratt, Henry Cavill, uh... ScarJo...

It's so weird knowing that they're around the same age as many of us.

EDIT: Wut Mark Ruffalo is 47

Sch1sm

33? You guys are almost twice as old as me!

Spirited, someone's younger than you.

----

I really want to like the game LISA. I really do. But the use of save points with no option of manual saves is so off putting considering I've had the game crash on me more than once on my first time playing it. No fucking manual saves, man. Is this a Nindie title. I don't see why they decided against putting one in.

It's okay, GAF. I don't expect any extravagant gifts on Tuesday from random GAF members.

In GAF, you're supposed to give away stuff on your birthday, not receive stuff. Or, if you're lucky, a high-profile member will have the same birthday as you and give away a ton of stuff so you won't feel compelled to compete with him (thanks, Milamber!)

JaseC

It seems F1: Chequered Flag was removed in an attempt to stop people complaining about Steam keys. Xing's Desura account was disabled and it doesn't want to manually hand them out, the latter of which didn't go down well.

Jawmuncher

It seems F1: Chequered Flag was removed in an attempt to stop people complaining about Steam keys. Xing's Desura account was disabled and it doesn't want to manually hand them out, the latter of which didn't go down well.

sounds like laziness

JaseC

sounds like laziness

Yeah, but it's understandable to some extent. The situation with Desura has created a huge mess; the site is no longer staffed and there have been almost 30 Greenlight bundles, plus some devs have mentioned not being paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom