• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
Gotcha, I'll just put them in Code tags from now on :3
Case in point
Code:
http://giant.gfycat.com/PoshQuarrelsomeDartfrog.webm (Mass Effect 2)
http://giant.gfycat.com/ConventionalPotableAmmonite.webm (Hitman Abso)
http://giant.gfycat.com/FearlessIllustriousCat.webm (Dirt 3)
http://giant.gfycat.com/BestMeatyEagle.webm (Ori)
http://giant.gfycat.com/UnfoldedDishonestHomalocephale.webm (dirt 3)
http://giant.gfycat.com/HopefulValidBonobo.webm (Mirror's Edge, Vertigo warning!)
http://giant.gfycat.com/CheerfulFaithfulKawala.webm (Burnout Paradise)
http://giant.gfycat.com/DelectableFatherlyBallpython.webm (Butt Cream Pirates)
http://giant.gfycat.com/PoisedOptimalAcaciarat.webm (Ori)
https://giant.gfycat.com/BouncyBraveBluewhale.webm (Ye olde Disney Tarzan game)
lol @ dirt 3 with shitty msi ab overlay.

Her Story

Great premise for a game, very unique, very original, very smartly programmed (try to break the chatbot and you'll realize how it was implemented--incredibly smart), great themes. Couldn't get to sleep last night after playing it because my wife and I kept talking about it. Very very cool.

Check out Contradiction next if you can. It's a fairly well done game.

The idea of playing 2 FMV games (Her Story and Contradiction) almost back to back in 2015 amused me to no end.

L.O.R.D

legit owner of MGSV TPP PS4 bundle
0OHYgxD.jpg

damn , that the best PS4 bundle i ever seen.

people buy 3-4 PS4
and i just want 1 normal PS4

Chariot

...but that's the kind ridiculousness and fun that was in Dragonball...
Until it changed to Z were they just went for monologues and dude blasting each other with ki. My memory could fool me, but Z was never as fun and as giving as the OG Dragonball when it came to jokes.

Arthea

I'm not buying anything, loaded month or not, I think I bought years worth of games in August alone... well... nothing but Amnesia, Nep Nep 3 and Trails SC and if suddenly Lightning Returns I might need to bend my rules a lil too.

edited: if nobody is willing I might write about Fairy Fencer for September's "you might have missed" category.

I'm not buying anything, loaded month or not, I think I bought years worth of games in August alone... well... nothing but Amnesia, Nep Nep 3 and Trails SC and if suddenly Lightning Returns I might need to bend my rules a lil too.

I have FF XIII and a couple unfinished games (Millennium 5 and Stargazer, maybe) in my backlog, so the only one I'll play is Nep Nep 3 (that is, if I get beta testing access and devote the time).

EDIT: Reportedly, MGS V copies have arrived in UAE and are being sent out to sub-retailers very soon (this is different from the fake "leaked" images). Be very careful with leaks/spoilers from here on out.

Dr Dogg

Right I'll just leave this here in case I forget where I put it (again!)

hamb0BW.png

lol those rating logos are terrible for the EU ver

man I couldn't beat those megaman games myself when i was a kid, I used to just watch my friend play those, now I think of it, that's actually pretty weird as I'd go to his house and watch him play megaman because I don't remember myself playing them much

I finished the first megaman x game because of the hadoken secret power up though

Hahaha. Well truth be told when me and my sister got a NES the only 2 games we had for about a year were Turtles and MegaMan 2 and Turtles is bastard hard once you get to the sewage plant and I never got past the third level so I kind of conditioned myself on MegaMan 2 for quite some time.

The trailer for COH2-British Forces makes me want to drink tea and liberate Europe, and I'm doing half of that already.

Blood Bowl 2 looks great fun too. I've still got a copy of the original board game around here, used to play it at Uni, especially during Super Bowl nights. Getting to play as my beloved Bretonnians should be interesting too.

There's also
All of those look interesting. Act of Aggression looks to be the spiritual successor to Command and Conquer Generals, which was fantastic. Soma's a new horror from the makers of Amnesia, and Armikrog's a stop motion clay animation adventure game from the makers of Earthworm Jim.

We used to have a gen 2 Blood Bowl league in school between 8 of us. This was before I had a PC so I did all the league tables and stats on my mums Amstrad PCW 8512 green screen word processor. Man that thing was a pile of shite but it had a printer port unlike my Speccy.

And yeah next month is pretty stacked with releases and looks to have something for everyone.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. CorrosiveFrost
  5. The Dear Leader
  6. TheAutomator
  7. Miguel81
  8. :
  9. :
  10. :

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!

Updated, I unlocked maybe 10 more maps now!

Until it changed to Z were they just went for monologues and dude blasting each other with ki. My memory could fool me, but Z was never as fun and as giving as the OG Dragonball when it came to jokes.

You're right, the original DB had more jokes and was more light hearted than Z, though I still like the battles from DBZ.

zkylon

zkylewd
whoaaa that lis ep4 ending caught me by surprise

i think this last one was my favorite episode, this one was straight up veronica mars episode, just looking for clues and piecing it all together like detectives, but also i feel like it's probably the episode that better tapped into the themes of the game

there's two sides to everyone and this episode is great at showing you that, the investigation gives you glimpses of what caused people to turn the way they did and of the darker and lighter sides they're hiding, it's really cool. they rounded all the main characters' other sides in this episode and, while the characters are still rather simple and cartoony, it works pretty well and is just a very enjoyable thing to see.

and all the mystery and science fiction-y stuff is also really cool, some things i suspected turned out to be true, some didn't, so there was a little bit of fun surprises there, and most of all it managed to stay away from big david cage magnitude fuckups. i'm also really glad i was wrong about that thing i was guessing about (
i thought the chloe vs william decision would be a shitty mass effect/the walking dead impossible decision left up to the player, but thank god it wasn't
), so that was pretty great

sadly i fear
my decision to mock victoria drove her not to believe my warnings and now she's probably gonna be killed lol
... OH WELL

also
wtf fishy, warren was a total badass! he fucking headbutted nathan, kicked his gun from his hand and like beat the shit out of him! what a BEAST

anyways, really good episode, i really hope they manage to tie it up with a satisfying ending, but dang ep 4 was super good.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any word whatsoever on Zombi with it due to release on Tuesday ? I'm guessing Ubisoft are just going to release it with no fanfare whatsoever.

Personally it ruined MGS2 for me, and MGS2 stands as the best in the franchise, or maybe just below MGS1. I especially didn't like that Big Boss were still alive and the whole nanomachines explanation.

For me MGS2 is bottom of the pack for Kojimas games but then MGS4 is my favourite after the first game. I just don't fucking like Raiden in that game, he just makes me grit my teeth and fuck me the conversations between him and Rose are dreadful. I've warmed up to it over the years but I can't say I'll ever love it though. Greatest troll ever made by Kojima that, wouldn't be able to keep Raiden secret in this day and age for a game like that.

Uraizen

Banned

edited: if nobody is willing I might write about Fairy Fencer for September's "you might have missed" category.

I heard somebody say Nep Nep 3. I came as fast as I could.

Zombi's probably going to be about as bare bones as a port comes. Very little fan fare or info coming up this close to the release usually isn't a good sign. I'm still interested in playing it if it's around $20-ish.

Of course is coming to Steam. Uplay has yet to have a single exclusive title and I guarantee you they aren't going to start with Zombi :p

You're right, didn't think about that.

header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. CorrosiveFrost
  5. The Dear Leader
  6. TheAutomator
  7. Miguel81
  8. :
  9. :
  10. :

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!

I'd like to join...haven't played this in a while so it should be fun

also I saw it mentioned on the last page about the NVIDIA code for MGSV not having Ground Zeroes as a bonus because it was a Steam exclusive offer...Amazon, Gamestop, and Nuuvem are all offering GZ with pre-orders for the PC version as well

How do i add Steamgames to the XBOX App? They dont show up when i click on "add a game from my pc"
Not on windows 10 but is there a browse option? If so just dig through the steam folder to get the .exe for said game, theyre located in steamApps and then from there its common

Reading the manga now (...as I've posted multiple times) and DB is incredibly more light hearted than DBZ. DB is all about finding the dragon balls multiple times and the strongest man competitions. DBZ is all about that power creep.

DB does have quite a bit of naked Bulma though, if you're into that
because i'm pretty sure she's supposed to be like 16.

Tizoc

you wont find it anywhere
this guy is some sort of reviewer , and sony meddle east it self gave him that PS4

edit : he is working in SONY SA , in marketing department

Won't hurt to try :p
Heck I might find used cop of RE2 Rev. and trade in my PS3 copy that my brother has yet to play :V
Visiting one's usual shop ain't that bad ;3

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Pretty sure the 'Ex-Valve' thing is fake, there's several things here that don't add up if true, or seem unlikely. I'm going to focus on L4D, but there's other holes as well.

01.) An official employee I doubt would present campaigns for the game as, "It's similar to _____ from this other Valve property/Left 4 Dead...", that sounds like total fan making shit up territory.
02.) Valve have demonstrated they don't like making sequels and would rather expand a game unless they had a good idea for a sequel to innovate and upgrade their vision a lot. The L4D thing doesn't demonstrate anything new in how they present it, they just describe characters/campaigns, and nothing that would make L4D3/prequel/whatever work.
03.) The names given don't sound anything like how Valve names L4D campaigns (Crash-land, Impasse, Inquisitor Land, Early Destination, & Cliff-Hanger don't fit in at all with No Mercy, Crash Course, Death Tool, Dead Air, Blood Harvest, The Sacrifice, Dead Center, The Passing, Dark Carnival, Hard Rain, The Parish, or Cold Stream. Valve have a pretty simple naming system the use of '-' not once, but twice, having two of five campaigns have 'Land' in the title, among other things, doesn't sound like the naming system at all.
04.) The backpack system makes no sense and doesn't jive with L4D's fast-paced gameplay. Having each character have to worry about weight, slowing down if they carry more, and only being able to carry one type of item including type of weapon like rifles, doesn't make much sense and contrasts with L4D game pacing, and sounds like a very non Valve idea.
05.) No Mercy as a pre-order bonus is a load of shit.

Caerith

Pretty sure the 'Ex-Valve' thing is fake, there's several things here that don't add up if true, or seem unlikely. I'm going to focus on L4D, but there's other holes as well.

01.) An official employee I doubt would present campaigns for the game as, "It's similar to _____ from this other Valve property/Left 4 Dead...", that sounds like total fan making shit up territory.
02.) Valve have demonstrated they don't like making sequels and would rather expand a game unless they had a good idea for a sequel to innovate and upgrade their vision a lot. The L4D thing doesn't demonstrate anything new in how they present it, they just describe characters/campaigns, and nothing that would make L4D3/prequel/whatever work.
03.) The names given don't sound anything like how Valve names L4D campaigns (Crash-land, Impasse, Inquisitor Land, Early Destination, & Cliff-Hanger don't fit in at all with No Mercy, Crash Course, Death Tool, Dead Air, Blood Harvest, The Sacrifice, Dead Center, The Passing, Dark Carnival, Hard Rain, The Parish, or Cold Stream. Valve have a pretty simple naming system the use of '-' not once, but twice, having two of five campaigns have 'Land' in the title, among other things, doesn't sound like the naming system at all.
04.) The backpack system makes no sense and doesn't jive with L4D's fast-paced gameplay. Having each character have to worry about weight, slowing down if they carry more, and only being able to carry one type of item including type of weapon like rifles, doesn't make much sense and contrasts with L4D game pacing, and sounds like a very non Valve idea.

06.) Communication is an important skill, and Valve is in the habit of not even giving the time of day to people who are skilled, so why would they hire and divulge all their plans to someone who types like he hasn't graduated high school?

Also seriously Inquisitor Land? L4D names have to be passable as B movie names, not C- student dribble.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if the guy is legit tho that piracy thing is just hilarious

Anteater

:0

i think i'm at the end of the witcher 3, thought i still have like 50hours left or something since i'm still lvl25

guess i'll try and clear my mission log

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Saw that, it's looking very tasty indeed :p

I wonder if there'll ever be a week where someone doesn't create a thread on the Killing Floor 2 steam forums whining about new content/game has no content.

New content has to be close, Steam achievements for the newest two maps (Evacuation Point & Catacombs) was just added this weekend to the game.

Benedict

Guess I'm enjoying these Hidden Object games quite a bit. I find them very relaxing.
Played both 9 Clues games back to back and will go for another HO-game next.
A Hidden Object bundle game is still available at indiegala which have the first 9 Clues game.
All of them have trading cards as well.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

All the things he said about CS:GO is pretty much that they're fixing every problem the community has with it, even things that won't happen like ever because of people with bad PC's (Tickrate).

There is almost no way that his statements are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom