• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Found an excellent Firewatch wallpaper.

ZVVBRAR.png

image.php

Dogg is ready!

Okay. That is the epitome of Killing Floor

Guess I'm enjoying these Hidden Object games quite a bit. I find them very relaxing.
Played both 9 Clues games back to back and will go for another HO-game next.
A Hidden Object bundle game is still available at indiegala which have the first 9 Clues game.
All of them have trading cards as well.

If you liked 9 Clues, you're in for a treat, because there are quite a few in that bundle that are even better.

Derp

Has Valve ever discussed or mentioned the possibility of them giving the entire Steam UI a makeover? After seeing that Steam 2.0 concept video so many times I just wish Valve would spice things up a bit.

I mean there isn't really anything "wrong" with the UI in general but I just feel like I'd love it so much more if they'd... Pimp it.

Or at least allow skins to change more than what they're restricted to so they we can see those awesome concepts people made implemented.

Has Valve ever discussed or mentioned the possibility of them giving the entire Steam UI a makeover? After seeing that Steam 2.0 concept video so many times I just wish Valve would spice things up a bit.

I mean there isn't really anything "wrong" with the UI in general but I just feel like I'd love it so much more if they'd... Pimp it.

Or at least allow skins to change more than what they're restricted to so they we can see those awesome concepts people made implemented.

Well I mean they update and add stuff so much (all though slowed down a bit recently) that some skins I liked just became obsolete quick. I don't even use skins anymore because of that. I mean I guess I would be down for it but I think they should allow us to download skins or ones people made through Steam. Like Workshop mods for the Steam client or something.

Still more mature and intelligent than the latest console war thread I read over in Gaming yesterday.

Hahaha, right....

Also MegaMan Legacy Collection is out in 9 days time and didn't get anything in last months OP so would be ripe for a You May Have Missed write up (if it turns out alright).

1. What's up with the eye patch? I'm not reading the entire thread to find out. :p

2. For someone that hates lists, that's a mighty large list.

3. No promises, but if nobody steps up, I might take the MM Legacy Collection for You May Have Missed.

Hahaha, right....

1. What's up with the eye patch? I'm not reading the entire thread to find out. :p

3. No promises, but if nobody steps up, I might take the MM Legacy Collection for You May Have Missed.

I guess that our dear Dr. Dogg is getting ready to embody Big Boss.

Hahaha, right....

pretty sure the eyepatch (and arm) are for MGSV

Maniac

Banned
Yeah, that made sense after I saw Grief's post.
It didn't click immediately before as I'm not entirely awake yet. :3

Are you ever really awake?

How Can Our Waking State Be Real If Our Dreams Aren't?

You can use that as much as you'd like, by the way. Jaden Smith has taught me so, so much about pocket-poetry, he's a true master.

Pretty sure the 'Ex-Valve' thing is fake, there's several things here that don't add up if true, or seem unlikely. I'm going to focus on L4D, but there's other holes as well.

02.) Valve have demonstrated they don't like making sequels and would rather expand a game unless they had a good idea for a sequel to innovate and upgrade their vision a lot. The L4D thing doesn't demonstrate anything new in how they present it, they just describe characters/campaigns, and nothing that would make L4D3/prequel/whatever work.
04.) The backpack system makes no sense and doesn't jive with L4D's fast-paced gameplay. Having each character have to worry about weight, slowing down if they carry more, and only being able to carry one type of item including type of weapon like rifles, doesn't make much sense and contrasts with L4D game pacing, and sounds like a very non Valve idea.

Valve had no problem with L4D2 being a sequel rather than an expansion when the majority of the "new presentation "was "melee weapons that can replace your handgun" and "a couple new special infected" with "4 new characters" on "new maps".

As far as this backpack system you mention (I honestly haven't seen or read the "leak", mind you), but in L4D/L4D2, you could only carry 1 type of item anyway including weapon. 1 primary weapon type, 1 secondary weapon type, 1 healing/support item type, 1 throwable item type. That's it. So I'm not sure what you're getting at there exactly...

Pakkidis

Guess I'm enjoying these Hidden Object games quite a bit. I find them very relaxing.
A Hidden Object bundle game is still available at indiegala which have the first 9 Clues game.

They are strangely addicting despite being nothing more than simple point and click adventure games. Some of them are actually quite fun!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
it tells me to make a separate save file before starting the quest! so it's probably the last mission

...Okay, you are.

But you can keep playing afterwards. I'm not positive but I don't think there are any side quests that become un-completeable after you do the final story quest.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. CorrosiveFrost
  5. The Dear Leader
  6. TheAutomator
  7. Miguel81
  8. Nyteshade517
  9. Salazar547
  10. :

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!

I would love to play some Racing Transformed. Still need to finish the levels for some characters.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Wow, thanks for posting this. I enjoy the hidden object games like Midnight Mysteries etc. Nice relaxing things to play on the weekend and such.

Afro

Wow, thanks for posting this. I enjoy the hidden object games like Midnight Mysteries etc. Nice relaxing things to play on the weekend and such.

there are some hidden gems in the midst of mediocre hidden object games.

Lake House: Children of Silence is a beautiful game. excellent atmosphere. i mentioned it a while ago in the Point&Click thread.

The low-fi version looks cooler tho. Hand painted like.

That's really weird to me, because it looks exactly the opposite. It was never hand-painted obviously, but the original has some textures that make it look painted. The vector version clearly had "image trace" applied to it in Illustrator, then expanded.

Anteater

...Okay, you are.

But you can keep playing afterwards. I'm not positive but I don't think there are any side quests that become un-completeable after you do the final story quest.

that's good to know! i think i'm going to clear some quests before doing the last mission, for some reason i just lose all interest when i complete a game

that bundle is great, i never played the hidden object games and i played through like 8 of them in a row lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
there are some hidden gems in the midst of mediocre hidden object games.

Lake House: Children of Silence is a beautiful game. excellent atmosphere. i mentioned it a while ago in the Point&Click thread.

EUf9HSU.jpg
TezItFc.jpg
That looks great but isnt available on steam.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. CorrosiveFrost
  5. The Dear Leader
  6. TheAutomator
  7. Miguel81
  8. Nyteshade517
  9. Salazar547
  10. KenOD

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!

We seem to be full, if someone isn't here by the time we start I have a few people who would like to join(Maybe Exo or kinshino(Sorry can't remember your Gaf name))

Also what I would do to live in Norway, as I live in a part of Sweden which used to be norway I feel like I got the short end of the stick.

That's really weird to me, because it looks exactly the opposite. It was never hand-painted obviously, but the original has some textures that make it look painted. The vector version clearly had "image trace" applied to it in Illustrator, then expanded.

Oh I know its just some cheap filter trick.

I should have said "hand painted by someone with not too much eye for detail". It sounds bad but its the feeling I get from the modified one.

Vamphuntr

Leftovers from old bundle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vamphuntr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-7B9A942EDDDE43E6 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Train of Afterlife -- MB-1C275FF1B4F3730E - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-F9B2FC0DBB7EF62A - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Lilith DLC -- MB-E69313E751608C08 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-D5D27FB3547B1F71 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize DLC -- MB-915AE38EEC896AB3 - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.

t1439746901z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom