• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm always here even when you think I'm not Maniac. <3
f379bb3f1b.png
I've always found her quite attractive.

Corpekata

Banned
I'd actually advise against restarting Deus Ex HR DC on PC. The PC version sucks and has lots of hitching / stuttering issues. If you already own it I'd load it up and see if you can try the "fixes" out there for it and see if they work for you (they didn't for me).

It's really a shame Square doesn't sell the original anymore, it runs like a dream.

Haunted

Guess I'm enjoying these Hidden Object games quite a bit. I find them very relaxing.
Played both 9 Clues games back to back and will go for another HO-game next.
A Hidden Object bundle game is still available at indiegala which have the first 9 Clues game.
All of them have trading cards as well.
Once you go Artifex Mundi, you never go back.

I haven't played all of them (a ladyfriend of mine can't get enough of them), but I personally think the first Grim Legends is the best HO game I've played so far.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
header.jpg

MrLZs3A.png
Are you tired and the only thing you want is some sick cart racing?

MrLZs3A.png
Are you interested in the amazing fandom of sonic but are afraid of sonic games?

MrLZs3A.png
Do you want to shittalk everyone when you're the last on the track with help of Mumble™

THEN YOU SHOULD PLAY SONIC & ALL-STARS RACING TRANSFORMED WITH US TONIGHT, YES TONIGHT YOU DID NOT HEAR IT WRONG!

1. Spirited
  2. Leafhopper
  3. Ramoisdead
  4. CorrosiveFrost
  5. The Dear Leader
  6. TheAutomator
  7. Miguel81
  8. Nyteshade517
  9. Salazar547
  10. KenOD

List of "reserves"

• A Fish Aficianado
  • Roboleon
  • Exosoul
  • Kinshino

That's how many spots we have maximum, and because of this shit i'll have to use this whole day trying to unlock as many maps as possible, because the 6 maps I have unlocked right now will be boring pretty fast.

Countdown

t1439758800z0.png

And here I pimp my mumble server, quote to see!

Hope to see some of you there!

It's full, but I'll be sure to message you guys if someone isn't turning up or someone leaves early!

Death's Gambit
A beautiful 2D action RPG that promises a dark, alien world, challenging enemies and cryptic story.
PC:

Party Hard:
A game about an annoyed man who wants to bomb the party of his neighbours. Literally.
It wants to be a tactical stealth/strategy game slash mass murderer simulator featuring humor, "we are indie" pixel art and a setting absolutely everyone can identify himself with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn03cbhDUUk

SUPERHOT:
https://superhotgame.com/play-prototype/

P4DAN:
As a huge Persona fan and a new psvita owner, im really looking forward to the logial spinoff this JPRG series. Featuring beutiful art and a fantastic soundtrack, there just cant go anythign wrong.

Danganronpa another Episode:
The official vita exclusive pre-sequel (ugh) to the danganronpa series, a thid person shooter - the logical consequence for a Visual Novel puzzle series - featuring our all favorite bear monokuma and lotsa, lotsa japanesity. A weird action game for weird people, full of hope and despair.

Kingdom Hearts 3
Gosh, just look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKo4BgDnlfQ

Kingdom Hearts despite l of its obvious issues beeing one of my most favorite game series now finally delivers the ultimate, final ending to this trainwreck of a story. Featuring once more very beautiful art depicting fantastical disney worlds that i and many other people love and grew up with as well as a very engaging yet not very complex combat system, this game *Will* make me a little kid again. For i am Peter Pan and for i shall never be grown up!

All good stuff folks I either forgot or did not know about. Thanks!
Mad Max

Just Cause 3
Those are the ones lingering in my head as well. JC3 for it's sheer scope, fast movement and destruction. Mad Max in hopes of getting a unique open wasteland shooter.
I don't think I like Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine, it doesn't control very well and the shooting feels kind of all over the place, maybe it's from coming off of Binary Domain and some Resident Evil 6 which are more responsive games. The gore and bullet impact looks and feels really good, it has a real meatiness to it that I like. Maybe I'll give it another go some other time but I'm just not feeling it right now
Aw, sadface. But hey it's cool. Some games don't click immediately after certain others, some just don't ever. Not much sense in playing a game just for checklist means. Hope one day you'll feel like giving it another shot and have loads of fun with it.
despite freshVeggie's great gifs that convinced me to redownload it :)
Haha, sadly the gif-dream is dead. Gotta jump to webm. When you get more complaint replies than replies to the game, you know you done goofed. I did loose myself in giffing :S
Gifs are so good though. Everyone sees them without needing a plugin or clicking on it. Might do a mix in the future; bulk of webms and special, few gifs.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Gamenight
header.jpg
Cool stuff. Sadly won't be able to make it :( We should do one early next week again!
Not quite your average #ScreenshotSaturday.

Development on the Visual Novel is still chipping away, even as the summer draws to a close. It's been a while since the project was first announced, with only a few small teasers dropped along like drips of melted ice cream splattered along the boardwalk. Well, rather than continue to waste good (insert your favorite flavor here), Sayara and I have a treat for everyone.

&#12456;&#12531;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;&#12539;&#12469;&#12510;&#12540; EP, or "Endless Summer EP", is a blend of nostalgia and creativity. Following a group of friends from the prestigious academy as they spend time together during the months between their school years, it brings us all back to a time we wish could have lasted forever. Washed of our responsibilities, basking in the warm glow of the sun and moments of careless freedom. It felt only appropriate to issue this doujin during Comiket 88. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for waiting as everything comes together. <3

Download link here~
Good stuff. Milamber is a creep though, wow :O

Corpekata

Banned
I'd pick up Blues and Bullets but an episodic title from a relatively unknown dev and no publisher backing in case it doesn't sell well doesn't seem like a solid buy to me yet.

My video of the episodic game Blues & Bullets. It reminds me off Twin Peaks and True Detective. It's like a Telltale Game, but with much more gameplay. It only features red, black and white colors from what Ive seen.

It's very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKK63TCU_B8
That actually looks pretty cool.

I can see why...

Thanks for the shitposting. Because I totally only play anime games. Stupid anime avatar trope is the stupidest trope on GAF.

I can not believe that this and Dragon Age swept up all the goty awards last year -_-

I am still confused how it did exactly. Not knocking the game or anything but, I heard a plethora of like early game problems people had with it. Some still saying it's not better than Origins or anything and it got GOTY awards out of no where. Maybe it's better than what I heard from people.

Dr Dogg

I can not believe that this and Dragon Age swept up all the goty awards last year -_-

Why not? They both came out towards the end of the year, story focused with one a sequel in a heavily story driven franchise and the other from a very popular IP, they are both very easy to get into and even easier to pick up and play. These are the sort of things that the gaming press predominantly likes and are both quite safe picks that also a non obsessive person into games might have heard of too. End of the day you know what you like isn't that all that really matters? If you can find someone who can recommend you stuff based on your likes and dislikes, what to take a look at and what to avoid regardless if they work in the media or post waifu gifs in here you know that they can recommend you stuff that you'll possibly enjoy.

I don't agree with most media picks but that doesn't mean they're wrong, it's just that person/outlet's opinion and I know that we don't fully share them. Sometimes even if I know the reviewer looks for different things in a game that I'm looking for or particularly enjoys an aspect that I loath and vice versa that isn't necessarily dead information. If they say they hate the collectables in the latest AssCreed and the side content is more of the same stuff as III's Homestead missions I'll be rubbing my hands with glee as I enjoyed those. It's not the information on it's own that counts but how it relates to your own tastes that works for me.

Momentary

Banned
Type-0 is going to be 30fps correct? Seems like I heard about some dude unlocking the framerate with an emulator and it worked just fine. Hopefully there won't be a problem doing the same thing on the PC version.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles:

Been thinking a little bit about Idle Master's UI. I think blacklisting games should be easier. Right now, here are your options:
- If idling for cards, blacklist current game
- Manually blacklist by appid from the blacklist menu

Here are some examples of things you can't do, but that users would want to:
- Blacklist a game in the "idle everything to 2 hours" phase (UI design: right click game name in the box, click blacklist)
- See the full list of upcoming games and blacklist multiples at a time. (UI design: The blacklist page should have two text list panes side by side. The left should be the blacklist. The right should be Games with Card drops. There should be either a <-- --> style UI controls to move stuff on and off the blacklist, or a [+] below the trashcan which adds selections from the right pane. Once games are added to the blacklist, their app name should appear in italics next to the appid.

I've only dabbled in C# and don't have Visual Studio installed right now to be able to test, but a brief google for "add context menu to item in list view c#" makes it seem easy so I suspect the first of those two suggestions is quite easy.

The second is clearly harder, but from what I can see you should already be able to map IDs to game names by using the data stored in your AllBadges list (I guess if someone blacklists something they don't own you'd have to do a manual lookup, still not that hard). And then the movement between panes doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult. The right pane is pre-populated by the contents of AllBadges less those with IDs matching the contents of the current blacklist. If someone deletes something from the blacklist, add it and regenerate the whole pane on the right. If someone adds something to the blacklist, add it and regenerate the whole pane on the right. You don't even need to worry about the issue of someone blacklisting something they don't own and deleting it, because if you always regenerate the rightmost pane, no problem.

For an example user story / use case of why this might matter, see me. I just opened IdleMaster. I have 247 games to idle. I only idle stuff I don't plan on playing, so maybe 100 games on this list should be blacklisted for now. If I idle one at a time I have pretty good granular control and I'm unlikely to idle something against my will. But then I'm probably paying more in electricity to keep my computer awake than I'm making from cards. If I do the bulk-idle-to-30, my earning potential improves, but there are maybe 6 games on the list of 30 I don't want to idle. So I try to scroll the list to the right part to remember the names, open a browser, look up the id, go into blacklist, add them to the blacklist. And it seems like the bulk-idle doesn't update to reflect blacklist changes, so then I quit and re-open IdleMaster.

Type-0 is going to be 30fps correct? Seems like I heard about some dude unlocking the framerate with an emulator and it worked just fine. Hopefully there won't be a problem doing the same thing on the PC version.

The 60 fps unlock thing didn't really work on the emulator as far as I know (it'd display 60fps, but the game was still running at 30)

The 60 fps unlock thing didn't really work on the emulator as far as I know (it'd display 60fps, but the game was still running at 30)

That sucks. :/

I was unaware that it remained 30fps in the HD versions. Hopefully there is a workaround for the fps lock.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those are the ones lingering in my head as well. JC3 for it's sheer scope, fast movement and destruction. Mad Max in hopes of getting a unique open wasteland shooter.

Mad Max is more a brawler than a shooter as ammo is relatively scarce.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I still think Mad Max will do well. It might still have a Red Dead or Shadow of the Colossus ability to let a player get lost in the world, with just subtle signs of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom