• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Anime = religion.
PC gaming = religion.

Religion = religion.
Anime = PC gaming.

nQCYJw7.gif

Ozium's posts always make me chuckle. But some people clearly don't get he's just being sarcastic lol.

(Also, Ozium, never start using "/s")

Nice analysis based on one post without understanding the intent behind it. Maybe I should've added a ':p' to assuage you.

Tizoc

Eye of the Beholder 1, 2 and 3
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Hillsfar
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Treasures of the Savage Frontier
Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures
Dungeon Hack
Menzoberranzan

Which of these games still hold up?

Chariot

Jesus, MGS3 so far is more cutscene than game. If MGS V is having the same amount of cutscene I worry thst it could lose my concentration on PC. I am not far tho
just met Ocelot and his silly cat calling

The thread for said trailer is damn silly though. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176011280 first response (kinda) derailed the thread. I can't even think of what game this guy plays where everything changes all the time.

Jesus, MGS3 so far is more cutscene than game. If MGS V is having the same amount of cutscene I worry thst it could lose my concentration on PC. I am not far tho

It is? If you are complaining about 3 (I know you wouldn't be able to stand 4) I don't know how you will feel about 5 lol.

Which of these games still hold up?

None to be honest. These are the best of that genre of games but they are a part of that time period. Eye of the Beholder series is probably the most modern gamer friendly. Not to say they are bad, its just if you are use to modern RPGs hand holding and improvements, these games will be a shock to you.

Pachimari

That's a good thing though.

But really, they cut back on the cutscenes from MGS2 if I remember correctly, and MGS4 is worse than that.

I still think MGS V will be the MGS with least cutscenes, but we'll see.

Jawmuncher

MGS1-3 I feel have a good balance. Crazy cutscenes isn't until MGS4.

Dr Dogg

Jon from SCLUB 7 always looked out of place. Now I'm having nightmares of the horrible TV show they were in.

Anyway checking out some Mad Max footage it looks to be the game after Jase's heart. Laden with collectables, notifies you when you cleared them all in a given area and you can return to get them at any time. Plus they went the gruff Aussie voice Max and not crazy American dub version style.

Well if we use Ground Zeroes and footage released so far there are much greater sections of gameplay between cutscenes. Codec calls are pretty much non existent too. Just look at how many Codec calls you get in 2 and 3 that bang on mercilessly, a little less in 4 but the cutscenes were huge. In Peace Walker they were relegated to radio chatter whilst in game and cassette tapes for briefing and mission info which is the approach Ground Zeroes and by the looks of things Phantom Pain takes.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The thread for said trailer is damn silly though. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176011280 first response (kinda) derailed the thread. I can't even think of what game this guy plays where everything changes all the time.

It is? If you are complaining about 3 (I know you wouldn't be able to stand 4) I don't know how you will feel about 5 lol.

and a guy wishing for it on console on third post, I do love threads about PC exclusives.

Ozium

It's more about images/gifs that literally provide no context to any conversation.

All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down progress, reduce the rate of evolution.

You're being silly, what we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

MGS5 is shit confirmed

yep, and the magazine that gave it 17 gave watch dogs 19... what a world, what a world...

but hey at least Dogg will like it.

Dr Dogg

Give me the most broken, soul destroying, mind numbing tedious, convolutely designed game, chocked full of pacing problems and fuggly art directions, in an engine held together by sellotape and lollipop sticks and I'll still find something good or that pleases me to bore you all to tears with by singing it's praises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom