• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Give me the most broken, soul destroying, mind numbing tedious, convolutely designed game, chocked full of pacing problems and fuggly art directions, in an engine held together by sellotape and lollipop sticks and I'll still find something good or that pleases me to bore you all to tears with by singing it's praises.

That's a bit too harsh to Skyrim.

iosefe

Give me the most broken, soul destroying, mind numbing tedious, convolutely designed game, chocked full of pacing problems and fuggly art directions, in an engine held together by sellotape and lollipop sticks and I'll still find something good or that pleases me to bore you all to tears with by singing it's praises.

The Slaughtering Grounds

Ozium

Done.

I hope to see you lavish praises soon.

Milamber

MGSV is not yet out.

Jesus, MGS3 so far is more cutscene than game. If MGS V is having the same amount of cutscene I worry thst it could lose my concentration on PC. I am not far tho
just met Ocelot and his silly cat calling

MGS3 is super frontloaded with cutscenes. The pacing gets better as you get deeper in the game and then it'll end and you'll be like "damn whatta game."

Now, MGS4 is damn near 50/50 with gameplay and cutscenes, especially near the end as it becomes a series of infodumps

Jawmuncher

MGS3 is super frontloaded with cutscenes. The pacing gets better as you get deeper in the game and then it'll end and you'll be like "damn whatta game."

Now, MGS4 is damn near 50/50 with gameplay and cutscenes, especially near the end as it becomes a series of infodumps

Playing it recently felt more like 75% cutscenes and 25% gameplay

Dr Dogg

Done.

I hope to see you lavish praises soon.

NO!

EFkSgKZ.png

Which of these games still hold up?

Dungeon Hack is like an automapping Etrian Odyssey, or a more maze-like and less puzzly Grimrock. It's also customizable.

Menzoberanzzan wasn't bad for its time, but I remember it was pretty tough, and the graphics were that weird intersection of 2D and 3D.

The rest play like actual early D&D, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing. Your wizards and clerics start off damn near useless and/or you spend several days resting between random encounters. They also like to play with narrow corridors, so if you have a party of six, you'll have to figure out how to arrange them two abreast to fight those soldiers or skeletons. And yes, they'll all drop their loot: if you're fighting someone who's using a sword and wearing armour, you can loot that sword and armour, no matter how crappy it is. So if you're a lootwhore, you're gonna have a bad time real fast because that armour is realistically heavy!

Chariot

Good to hear that. I actually like the cutscenes at it helps that they are so long. I hate it when games rapidily switch between gameplay and cutscenes. Just let me play or let me watch goddamnit.
Really liked the introduction of the cobras too. I am not as vanilla I would wish to be, so I already know everyone there, but I suppose a Kojima game has a lot of surprises left.

Well if we use Ground Zeroes and footage released so far there are much greater sections of gameplay between cutscenes. Codec calls are pretty much non existent too. Just look at how many Codec calls you get in 2 and 3 that bang on mercilessly, a little less in 4 but the cutscenes were huge. In Peace Walker they were relegated to radio chatter whilst in game and cassette tapes for briefing and mission info which is the approach Ground Zeroes and by the looks of things Phantom Pain takes.
I would hope so, but I avtually think they just left most of the story stuff out in favour of not spoilering too much.

It is? If you are complaining about 3 (I know you wouldn't be able to stand 4) I don't know how you will feel about 5 lol.
Well, I'll see. Got my code ready and activated thanks to BernandoOne(tm). Seeing how I am now every weekday in the office with at least 1-2 spare time I maybe finish 3 until V comes out. Should've started earlier so I could play Peace Walker too.

FloatOn

You just described Alpha Protocol and it's legion of crazy-talk fans.

derExperte

Boy, the last couple pages were sure filled with weirdness o_O
OH SHIT

HELLO KITTY RACING IS GETTING BUNDLED

HOT DAMN

https://groupees.com/kittydoggy
Is that game actually worth a thought? Looks like a cheapo mobile game from the store media.
I'm going to be really sad if MGSV going to end up having less than cutscenes than 4.
Preach it brother!
Wasn't sure how to convert this to a proper gif
too lazy
, but this was almost the most epic save ever.

http://i.imgur.com/dirdIFt.gifv
I was so rooting for that save. Cool nonetheless.
Yikes. Like Dogg said, they need to refocus. Outlook very bad. Having only Nvidia as the only GPU vendor would not lead to rosy times.
Really excited to see how final versions of Elite & Star Citizen will fare against each other. Elite truly surprised me while SC's slower releases dampened excitement a bit. Great times for space fans.

Does anyone know if the Risen 3 PS4 enhancements(higher resolution textures and effects) are making their way to the PC version? And if so will the version on sale get those for free?

Lain

Does anyone know if the Risen 3 PS4 enhancements(higher resolution textures and effects) are making their way to the PC version? And if so will the version on sale get those for free?

Will the enhancements come to PC? Yes. Will we have to pay for it if we already own it? No idea.

rtcn63

So I started uninstalling DMC4 SE from Steam and it's still going after like ten minutes. Like the bar that says
"Uninstalling blah blah..." is still up. What can I do?

thi4f

Parsnip

Bundle extra extra.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Face Noir -- MB-7158BC944C41E253 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Lost Civilization -- MB-1B5D8D2CEA82F949 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
The Last Door Collector's Edition -- MB-D9C2382369DCABFB - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Season One Plus OST Vol 1 -- MB-6330D4687ECD33AA - Taken by Se7enSword. 2 entrants total.

t1440082855z1.png

and a guy wishing for it on console on third post, I do love threads about PC exclusives.

Someone can't count. It's the 4th reply in the thread, 5th post counting the OP. :p

Nope. By the time you get out of the jungle, I was bored and had to force myself to finish it. It was more like "damn, why do people like this?"

Granted, I only played "vanilla" MGS3, so apparently I missed out on an improved camera, but I'm not sure that would've made me care any more about the story, subpar bosses, or gameplay locations.

Needs to be $5-10 cheaper for me to dive in :X

$20 is a fair price for that game, especially if you haven't played DS2 post DLC; especially if you haven't played DS2 at all.

give me a coupon and i would've been in. under $20 is my impulse price for DSII, just to finally play the stupid thing already

"finally play the stupid thing"
ugh.

Is there any real point in getting this if I've already got the game and season pass?

Depends.
How much do you like Dark Souls?
Do you want revised enemy placement and re-arranged items?
Do you want bigger mobs/enemy count in areas?
Do you want to play online with a larger number of players?
Do you want an excuse to play through the game again, but have it be a fresh experience?

So I started uninstalling DMC4 SE from Steam and it's still going after like ten minutes. Like the bar that says
"Uninstalling blah blah..." is still up. What can I do?

Your system is punishing you for uninstalling DMC4SE.

Nice to have 2 more characters also, and my favourite class gets added!

Is this live?

Haunted

That's how I feel when people talk positively about MGS4.

or MGS3

or Bad Rats

Talking of Cognition, I've picked up the first 3 episodes separately over the years and more than once I've tried to redeem a bundled GOTY key and it's said I already own it. Yet steam still says I don't own episode 4. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Someone can't count. It's the 4th reply in the thread, 5th post counting the OP. :p

Is this live?

hehe, I took a wild guess for which post it was wishing it was on consoles ::p

And no, it's still in QA, so maybe next week?

Also Nvidia Flex integration, hold onto your butts AMD users, you're in for uncle Gameworks wild ride.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Aside from the engine update, the new addition to this build is Developer Commentary, which can be enabled from the main menu settings, or from the in-game menu. It was created as a simple way to support our Console launch, but we are excited to share it with you all as well! Basically it features Caleb (our writer) and myself babbling about the game and our goals for it. If you're in the mood, give it a listen, and then tell me if you thought we hit our goals :)

The Fall just got developer commentary. Or rather it did a few days ago and I just noticed it now, and don't remember seeing it mentioned it here.

If you got The Fall in that bundle a while back and haven't given it a shot yet; it's short, it's interesting, it's about robots and artificial intelligence. Try it while you wait for Shadowrun to unlock.

"finally play the stupid thing"
ugh.

to be fair, I consider every game a stupid thing to play, just some can be stupider than others.

The Fall just got developer commentary. Or rather it did a few days ago and I just noticed it now, and don't remember seeing it mentioned it here.

If you got The Fall in that bundle a while back and haven't given it a shot yet; it's short, it's interesting, it's about robots and artificial intelligence. Try it while you wait for Shadowrun to unlock.

loved the game but there was one puzzle that was supreme bullshit. The one with the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom