• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, overall it was really fun, I found the second half to not be as good as the first but it was still alright. The ending
was kind of silly, that big goofy looking monster that comes out of nowhere was really weird, and the zombies got kind boring to fight towards the end, but I like how they tied some of the stuff from The New Order into this, that was well done.

Some of us are students and definitely do not make $2000/mo, though.

Our dollar is currently so bad that we no longer share the US store with Americans, which would save us money if we bought Steam cards from an EBGames or whatever.

Sure. It's cheap, but it isn't as cheap as other places. Ever since our dollar fell, prices have increased. New titles have gone from 59.99 to 79.99 in the past year. Ridiculous. No matter how small $20 seems in accordance to whatever salary, it's still not as cheap as it would have been before. Developed country or not, we're losing money with the price differences. :c

Apparently Australia also shares the same fate. Actually no, the whole world economy is in turmoil. I am no economy expert but that's what I've heard from the news. USD is on the rise once again.

Rupiah has also fell from 10k to 14k per USD, madness. Even new games average price in my steam store has significantly raise this pas few months. We usually get 540k pricetag for most AAA games, but now they bounced to 700k. A PS4 or nvidia card like 970 is worth more than our average salaries lol. I'm not sure if we can still be gaming next year, we probably have to think about how to keep on living than gaming.

Sch1sm

If anyone owns windborne, they get 5 copies.

A recently removed game, reported that the devs decided to give everyone that owned the game prior to the store pages removal, gets 5 free steamgifts of it.

This is old news, I think. I remember getting a copy from Jase.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grandia II -- MB-603826EC89F3EF10 - Taken by Intel. 95 entrants total.

t1440523268z1.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So reading through the last few pages after waking up, so you discussed...Mexican Pizza, your age and sitcoms.

Damn I missed a lot.

Copons

Waking up to read about some weird stuff

25 is the new old
Arrested Development sucks
Seinfeld sucks
TBBT compared to Seinfeld
a Mexican pizza???
Dreamcast VMS save files working on Steam Grandia 2???
this is the good one tho

I dunno if being happy that at least the inevitable peer pressure about getting MGSV is somehow limited, or scared shitless right now

I'm gonna pick the second I guess
also because it's morning and I just had a coffee and a cigarette

Momentary

Banned
They were smart to call Grandia II and Anniversary Edition instead of HD Remaster. That way dumbasses can't chastise a 15 year old game for not having needless bells and whistles tacked on it.

Dr Dogg

Apparently, DX11 only, because apparently that's what you require on PC for outputting 224i with 6bpp.

I think you need to look at this in a practical sense. Who writes their new engine in this day and age with a spec that been finalised just over 11 years ago? What benefits do you get supporting 1 or 2 other APIs when 80.5% of the Steam hardware survey have a DX11 capable card? If you're making a XO version of your engine you're essentially going to be using DX11 and the same library calls so by adding in support for legacy APIs you're increasing your work therefore increasing your costs. I'm sure if you want to play that game on what's the oldest API that this engine could theoretically run these decompiled NES games then you could got back to DX6 as I think that still works without issue on Win 7 and 8 but come on we need to leave legacy APIs in the past. I'd imagine going forward swapping the renderer to DX12 is going to be an awful lot less work coming from 11 than say 10.1 or 9.0c.

Apparently, some video cards distributors in my country are pulling a shady shit on the MGS V nvidia promo codes. There are lots of reports about people who bought the cards aren't getting their valid codes, because those distributors are actually selling them as the game keys in several online stores (for cheap, of course). Result is, the codes that the consumers got have already been redeemed.

What can the consumers do to overcome this?
Because I know a guy who've already received three different codes and yet to receive the game.

Apparently, some video cards distributors in my country are pulling a shady shit on the MGS V nvidia promo codes. There are lots of reports about people who bought the cards aren't getting their valid codes, because those distributors are actually selling them as the game keys in several online stores (for cheap, of course). Result is, the codes that the consumers got have already been redeemed.

What can the consumers do to overcome this?
Because I know a guy who've already received three different codes and yet to receive the game.

Get a refund and go somewhere else is how I would overcome that. That's ridiculous, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's illegal too.

Sober

I think you need to look at this in a practical sense. Who writes their new engine in this day and age with a spec that been finalised just over 11 years ago? What benefits do you get supporting 1 or 2 other APIs when 80.5% of the Steam hardware survey have a DX11 capable card? If you're making a XO version of your engine you're essentially going to be using DX11 and the same library calls so by adding in support for legacy APIs you're increasing your work therefore increasing your costs. I'm sure if you want to play that game on what's the oldest API that this engine could theoretically run these decompiled NES games then you could got back to DX6 as I think that still works without issue on Win 7 and 8 but come on we need to leave legacy APIs in the past. I'd imagine going forward swapping the renderer to DX12 is going to be an awful lot less work coming from 11 than say 10.1 or 9.0c.
yeah but then how are we supposed to make driveby posts about how japanese devs are bad at pc ports? huh? cmon dr dogg, think of the shitposters!

I wonder if Nuveem will sell it and if it's region-free if they sell it

They don't have it yet from what I can tell.
This and Azure Striker Gunvolt would be instantly bought if they showed up on nuuvem without restrictions for NA.

I hope it's as good as the MMZ games at least.

It's different.
But still excellent.

Feels like the collection isn't worth it.

Depends on what makes it "worth" anything to the person buying it.

Get a refund and go somewhere else is how I would overcome that. That's ridiculous, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's illegal too.

Refunds would be the definite option. But I think it's their last option, as there aren't many stores that are offering this promo.
Yeah it should be illegal, but it's hard to track them as they're selling the codes in neutral online stores.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I guess Valve got new intern or something like that because Steam Mobile App is getting updates almost weekly now.
If you use browser on your phone you get a new steamcommunity mobile beta, which looks pretty slick.

Remember GAF, you're only as old as you feel you are!

Nine out of ten times, its nothing but a giant cringefest.

Snake, do you believe love can bloom on the battlefield?

I doubt that.

Though I should make a correction: technically speaking, it hasn't been cracked yet, in the real meaning of the word. What the hackers did was emulating whatever Denuvo does in order for the games to work.
Bypassed, pretty much the same thing, the DRM failed to do its job.

Dr Dogg

yeah but then how are we supposed to make driveby posts about how japanese devs are bad at pc ports? huh? cmon dr dogg, think of the shitposters!

Hahaha well funny you say that as regardless of DX API used Mega Man Legacy Collection only renders in 1920x1080 which for a lot of people will be fine but if you have a monitor with a native resolution higher than that you wont get 1:1 pixel accurate scaling as it'll just resample that at your selected resolution and you get this lovely haziness going on.

System res 1920x1080 said:
That's spot on but...
System res 2560x1440 (my monitors native res) said:
I don't know if you can see but it's already a bit hazy though if you look closely at the edges of text you can see what's going on. Like that in game too.

So if you want 1:1 pixel scaling use a 1920x1080 monitor (don't know if 1280x720 is vaible but there are next to none of those anyway) or run the game in windowed mode as that just gives you a 1920x1080 bordered window. Oddly even resamples at 3840x2160 which is a multiple of 4 over 1920x1080.

You know what I hate?

Stupid fucking dungeons that disappear. I just finished the Graveyard in Neptunia 2 and see I cant re-enter it when I am on two routes...

Chariot

You know what I hate?

Stupid fucking dungeons that disappear. I just finished the Graveyard in Neptunia 2 and see I cant re-enter it when I am on two routes...
Prepare to play the game half a dozen times to get everything. Always losing my sanity too when I see that I forgot to get something and have to play the story again and again.

Caerith

How do you guys feel about sexuality in games?

I have no problem with sexuality in games. But what passes for sexuality in games is downright embarrassing. Or, should be downright embarrassing, but it seems gamers clamor for more of it and game developers are proud to discuss how they made the breasts bigger and if you toggle between outfits you can see them jiggle.

Jazz573

I have no problem with sexuality in games. But what passes for sexuality in games is downright embarrassing. Or, should be downright embarrassing, but it seems gamers clamor for more of it and game developers are proud to discuss how they made the breasts bigger and if you toggle between outfits you can see them jiggle.

Sounds great to me. :p

Dr Dogg

Fucking MegaMan! Guess I'm cursed for moving on from a 1920x1080 monitor and I guess those who own anything with a smaller res or different aspect ratio other than 16:9 need to upgrade too. What's really hillarious is that while all the titles are preserved at a 4:3 aspect ratio if you own a 4:3 monitor, well you get this.

That or I'm just being the worlds most picky snob over me pixels not being perfect.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
In games that were known for supporting learning how to be pixel perfect in jumps, I say it's a valid complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom