• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Another Rune Factory/Harvest Moon alike game is on greenlight - Fantasy Farming: Orange Season

21FDA063E1A937EE5AA370A837121E7099A12D7F

kindly upvote it if even it'll never be released like other two
or one day we'll hit jackpot and some will be finished and it'll be good
believe!

edited: almost forgot, there is a demo too.

fertygo

Rupiah has also fell from 10k to 14k per USD, madness. Even new games average price in my steam store has significantly raise this pas few months. We usually get 540k pricetag for most AAA games, but now they bounced to 700k. A PS4 or nvidia card like 970 is worth more than our average salaries lol. I'm not sure if we can still be gaming next year, we probably have to think about how to keep on living than gaming.

Regional pricing still really help us for most of game tho, deal like Bioshock trilogy for 60k rupiah like past month is fucking rocks..

Big release that applying direct current exchange will just ignored by me, thankfully most of those release is AAA that I don't really play because I have shitty rig anyway :D

Other big release that more niche like Shadowrun, FF Type-0 is very affordable to us thanks to regional pricing.

Forget the xp boost, what about the box? What about the box!?

Steambox is the best box.

Regional pricing still really help us for most of game tho, deal like Bioshock trilogy for 60k rupiah like past month is fucking rocks..

Big release that applying direct current exchange will just ignored by me, thankfully most of those release is AAA that I don't really play because I have shitty rig anyway :D

Other big release that more niche like Shadowrun, FF Type-0 is very affordable to us thanks to regional pricing.

Yeah, some low priced games are actually cheaper, thanks to regional pricing. But the current trend is that newer games aren't even affected by regional pricing. While most new AAA games cost 500k back then, it's now 700k. The most ridiculous one is PES 2016 which is priced higher than current USD conversion. Rp 740k from $50.

Another Rune Factory/Harvest Moon alike game is on greenlight - Fantasy Farming: Orange Season

kindly upvote it if even it'll never be released like other two
or one day we'll hit jackpot and some will be finished and it'll be good
believe!

edited: almost forgot, there is a demo too.

Stardew Valley will be released some day!

GKB

Apparently Australia also shares the same fate. Actually no, the whole world economy is in turmoil. I am no economy expert but that's what I've heard from the news. USD is on the rise once again.

Rupiah has also fell from 10k to 14k per USD, madness. Even new games average price in my steam store has significantly raise this pas few months. We usually get 540k pricetag for most AAA games, but now they bounced to 700k. A PS4 or nvidia card like 970 is worth more than our average salaries lol. I'm not sure if we can still be gaming next year, we probably have to think about how to keep on living than gaming.

Yeah, this worries me a lot. I'm really hyped for XCOM2, but with the way rupiah is going right now, it looks like i won't be able to play it until at least next year...

Dr Dogg

Steam is approaching Wii, iOS and Android like quantities of shovelware. Guess that means the old girl is popular now then huh.

Arthea

Steam is approaching Wii, iOS and Android like quantities of shovelware. Guess that means the old girl is popular now then huh.

I'm not sure about that... steam has what 10K games? I remember reading that ~10K is amount of mobile games submitted per month, it's probably even more now
Let's reflect on that

Arthea

There are ~6000 games on the store at the moment. DLC whose subs include the base game are also returned as results, but they're rather rare.

I'll be damned, if that's true (I thought we should be past this number already), I have more than half games on steam, I should reflect on my purchasing habit instead of number of mobile games.

ya, I understand irony of posting this in reply to Jasec's post

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Particula -- MB-58EDA822C8B36A3D - Taken by Saty

fertygo

Yeah, this worries me a lot. I'm really hyped for XCOM2, but with the way rupiah is going right now, it looks like i won't be able to play it until at least next year...

At what price you hoping for?

I think biggest release that I waiting for is Divinity: OS Enhanced, from the base game they use region pricing, so I think I'm safe :D

Dr Dogg

Having extra DRM is as stupid as it sounds, but Denuvo is really not bad.

b.. bu... but Denuvo isn't DRM it's anti tamper. To be fair if it stops piracy in its first month then you can see the reasoning but I wonder if WB ever stopped to think by adding stuff like this that they might actually be losing sales. Actually of course they didn't because to them that's a silly proposition as they haven't even announced it's got Denuvo festering within so how could anyone possibly know.

Maniac

Banned
That's no xcuse, I'm young too and I had a blast watching Seinfeld.
Bet he doesn't even know what Cheers is.

C'mon now, ofcourse I do. It's what made me fall in love with Woody Harrelson.

I just find Seinfeld to be outright dull a lot of the time, even if I do love some bits of it.
Heh, nope we're not Blendo :). We definitely thought of 30 Flights and Gravity Bone when coming up with the art style when we made the game jam version. We picked the box shapes style so we could make the amount of content we needed to in 7 days.

Now for the full version we're sticking with the style but taking things a step further by turning the box-y characters into voxel characters with internal flesh/bone/brain voxel structures for some pretty gross (albeit cartoony) bashing and slicing.

FittingJitteryEarthworm.gif

We also just put up a new teaser trailer for the first Early Access version for anyone interested here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDytfH1HcDY
When I first saw pictures and screenshots of it, I immediately thought "Oh god, not another one of those Minecraft-but games..."

But now that I've seen this GIF, I'm actually really interested. Looks fun. Lookin' forward to seeing more of it!

b.. bu... but Denuvo isn't DRM it's anti tamper. To be fair if it stops piracy in its first month then you can see the reasoning but I wonder if WB ever stopped to think by adding stuff like this that they might actually be losing sales. Actually of course they didn't because to them that's a silly proposition as they haven't even announced it's got Denuvo festering within so how could anyone possibly know.
I doubt it, Denuvo is very unobtrusive, I doubt anyone would notice it if publisher didn't make it known, or people didn't dig in the game files.

Arthea

oh how I miss days of being able to idle 60 or more cards a day, you have no idea, now I have to idle much more and get three times less cards even with preidling in place.

talking about unfair things, stealing in Fairy Fencer is such a pain, you miss all the time on things worth stealing that is, it basically feels like idling more or less as you don't advance in any meaningful way but you also aren't free to leave.

and as we are on topic of Fairy Fencer, I have to decide should I spend even more time grinding challenges for stats that aren't obtainable in any other way, like running from battles hundreds of times. Why is it a problem? Running from battles in Fairy Fencer is a long process, or comparatively long, meaning is not an instant "run from battle" thingie. You have to reach "the end" of your arena and then attempt to run.
decisions, decisions

I doubt it, Denuvo is very unobtrusive, I doubt anyone would notice it if publisher didn't make it known, or people didn't dig in the game files.

There is not a thing in this world that nobody wouldn't notice, there is someone ready to dig deep enough for any secret, you know that.

Dr Dogg

Dogg, setting a 4K tv to 1080P via the system resolution options would make the Mega Man Legacy collection scale properly right?

Don't know as I'm not quite sure if the scaling is being done by the game or by my GPU (though seeing as it happens at lower resolutions it might be the former). I guess it would depend on your TV and if it handles scalling 1 to 4 pixels which I know most of the Pansonic 4k sets have an option for. Not something I can really comment on due to not owning a 4k tv, sorry.

Here's what the menu looked like at 3840x2160.

But in game it's not quite right regardless of resolution. Aspect ratio and pixel size compensation might be correct but the scaling method looks off to me.

Arthea

gaf decided to die on me
so, denuvo at least broke gaf.
Anybody knows what was that?
btw how many servers gaf runs on?

first law of thermodynamics among other things?

Denuvo uses the same resources that game uses, meaning it amplifies usage of any power, meaning impacts performance, even more so because it's anti-tamperng software.
It can have very little effect if it's only encryption, but apparently it isn't.
In our universe there is no way any defence measures get a free ride
scratch that, nothing gets free ride, period.

It's bullshit. DA Inquisition ran flawlessly on my PC.
It's just another DRM that you won't notice anyway, not like uPlay+Steam or R* Launcher+Steam stuff.

seriously? how does game running flawlessly on your PC defies nature, logic and facts?

edited: there is seriously defence force for everything
and in which universe uplay of all things doesn't affect performance I would like to know

Chariot

Seemingly aomebody broke streetdate in Belgium for MGSV. Maybe this time for real, he's streaming on twitch, but I can't watch. Take care.

Hinomura

After several attempts I went back in time (Amiga SYS:s/startup-sequence does ring a bell to anyone? :) ) and used a batch file I linked in shell:startup which will start minimized for both the dos prompt and steam window.

For anyone with the same problem I explain it in detail:
- disable steam running when windows starts in Steam > Settings > UI

- use notepad (or your favourite text editor) and create a batch file, I called mine "startup.bat"

- Type the following eventually changing the path according yours and raising the timeout value (3 seconds in this case) if it's not enough:
@ECHO OFF
TIMEOUT /T 3
START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent

- save it somewhere safe, and create a link you'll put in shell:startup; if shell:startup folder is already open, drag the batch file with right mouse button to it, release it, then select the "create a link" from the menu

- go to the properties of the link and select to run it minimized

- done! (re)Booting Windows will start Steam each time

If you prefer to launch Steam not minimized, cut the "-silent" part in the START line of the batch file.

seriously? how does game running flawlessly on your PC defies nature, logic and facts?

and in which universe uplay of all things doesn't affect performance I would like to know

Tbh, I have no evidence besides a couple of screenshots showing 60fps from my playthrough last year. I've already uninstalled the game.

I'm not saying uplay doesn't affect performance. What I mean is that denuvo DRM is different with those, as you're not required to login to Denuvo account/launcher/etc..

JP it seems.
We already have several JP only Nobunaga Ambition games on Steam.

It's bullshit. DA Inquisition ran flawlessly on my PC.
It's just another DRM that you won't notice anyway, not like uPlay+Steam or R* Launcher+Steam stuff.

Same here. 60 hours and had no performance issues.

Who said uPlay doesn't affect performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom