• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bermuda -- MB-B8CC2EC7CDC009DA - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Unhack -- MB-BE8BBE9E6E50323B - Taken by texhnolyze

Waiting for Gamersyde ;_;
Remember GAF, you're only as old as you feel you are!
So I am fifty years old then.
Deploying the Ultramarines.
giphy.gif

Heh, nope we're not Blendo :). We definitely thought of 30 Flights and Gravity Bone when coming up with the art style when we made the game jam version. We picked the box shapes style so we could make the amount of content we needed to in 7 days.

Now for the full version we're sticking with the style but taking things a step further by turning the box-y characters into voxel characters with internal flesh/bone/brain voxel structures for some pretty gross (albeit cartoony) bashing and slicing.

FittingJitteryEarthworm.gif

We also just put up a new teaser trailer for the first Early Access version for anyone interested here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDytfH1HcDY
Damn dude. That trailer is incredible! You need some dope tracks with that gameplay!

GdwD17y.gif
GB9UcNJ.gif

Can I mod avatars from people here onto the enemies in the game, so I can bash their heads in?
Best of luck with the game.

Hektor

Metal Gear is anime.

And Anime is life, therefore Metal Gear belongs to the vita.

Im so happy that its just Part 1 of X. Gives me a good reason to ignore it for the time, until the busy months are over.

I really wanna watch this trailer, because its the last one, but on the same time i dont wanna get spoiled. Ugh.

Nzyme32

I really wanna watch this trailer, because its the last one, but on the same time i dont wanna get spoiled. Ugh.

I honestly think this is mostly symbolism, where others seem to think they are spoilers. The only spoiler seems to be a pretty partial one where a scene is extended to show more of a Metal Gear and what it can do.

Dr Dogg

If movies have taught us anything then it's that a majority audience doesn't really get subtly or nuance so if something isn't explicitly spelt out then its message or meaning is usually misconstrued.

looks nice...didn't you have one for Rising as well?

Well yeah but really all I did was crop some official artwork to the same frame as the others whilst these I've actually cut, cropped, adjusted, cleaned up compression and blended together. Alright, alright not exactly a lot of work but more so than that Rising banner. Actually the other TPP one I did I ended up combining 4 images together as there wasn't a high enough quality source or full image available,

Dr Dogg

Let's have a goosey at the Metal Gear evolution shall we.
MGS3's precursor to Metal Gear the...
Shagohod said:
Portable Ops had the first named Metal Gear.
**Noncanon game** Metal Gear RAXA **Noncanon game** said:
As well as Peace Walker the eponymous game also had...
Metal Gear ZEKE said:
The Phantom Pain has...
I'm not even going to post it
Metal Gear had...
TX-55 Metal Gear said:
Metal Gear 2: Solid Sanke had...
Metal Gear D said:
Metal Gear Solid had...
Metal Gear REX said:
Metal Gear Solid 2 had these...
Metal Gear RAY said:
Arsenal Gear said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 brought back...
Metal Gear REX said:
and
Metal Gear RAY said:
And introduced...
Outer Haven said:
And as a bonus Rising had...
Metal Gear EXCELSUS said:

Heh, nope we're not Blendo :). We definitely thought of 30 Flights and Gravity Bone when coming up with the art style when we made the game jam version. We picked the box shapes style so we could make the amount of content we needed to in 7 days.

Now for the full version we're sticking with the style but taking things a step further by turning the box-y characters into voxel characters with internal flesh/bone/brain voxel structures for some pretty gross (albeit cartoony) bashing and slicing.

FittingJitteryEarthworm.gif

We also just put up a new teaser trailer for the first Early Access version for anyone interested here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDytfH1HcDY

Glad to see more devs doing games in that style, looks amazing.
Nice destruction tech, there was an older game that had something similar but wasn't voxel based. Sadly, I forgot the name.

I didn't even remember there being any metal gears in Rising outside of the gekkos and ray. I do remember Sam, Blade Wolf, and one tough United States Senator though.

Dr Dogg

Think they'd make a great wallpaper too bad they arent available in higher quality :( gj though gonna use um

Someone did scan in the Ground Zeroes poster at a higher DPI but then they uploaded it to imgur which kind of made the whole process pointless as it's caked in compression artefacts. Biggest version I could find that I cleaned up was only 512 pixels high so would be a teeny wallpaper.

The MGS4 one is a messed up REX not RAY.

^ You mislabeled Metal Gear REX for MGS4 and Metal Gear RAY also shows up in MGS4.

Urgh this is what happens when you have 30 odd tabs open and you're tip toeing through Kojima land. Thanks for the heads up, corrected.

What was the point of Excelsus anyway? Was it part of the plan? Does it even have nuclear capabilities?

Tedious boss fight to setup the battleground for the most awesome boss fight ever!!!

Jawmuncher

Ahhh ok Excelsus was a anti-cyborg metal gear basically. It could just lay waste to entire areas since its was basically a bulldozer. Though if needed could have nuclear capabilities. It was called a metal gear just due to its size I guess and the production of them was public.

Bl@de

Preordered the Steam Controller today at the local Gamestop (Stuttgart, Germany). The whole stoff was staring in awe and cheering. I was the first person to ever ask about the controller^^ No love for this thing in Germany? Or do people really pay the crazy 8-10€ shipping costs.

Salsa

karma is a real thing

for real. all i wanna say. go to drunk thread in OT community for details

but look out for it

on more ontopic news: saw a local hardware store selling a pre-order of the steam controller for like a hundred plus bucks

gotta love latin america

Someone did scan in the Ground Zeroes poster at a higher DPI but then they uploaded it to imgur which kind of made the whole process pointless as it's caked in compression artefacts. Biggest version I could find that I cleaned up was only 512 pixels high so would be a teeny wallpaper.
Makes me sad :(

Dr Dogg

karma is a real thing

for real. all i wanna say. go to drunk thread in OT community for details

but look out for it

on more ontopic news: saw a local hardware store selling a pre-order of the steam controller for like a hundred plus bucks

gotta love latin america

I've put my phone in my top pocket before and then promptly dropped it down the shitter and also lost my house keys when I sat on some railing outside a bar on the waterfront that fell in the Bristol channel never to be seen again. Not on the same night though but I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom