• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update for Pressure skin for Steam, fixes the only problems I had with the skin, which was some CPU usage problems, and the maker also announced that he's working on a new skin called Pressure², it's going to mix the designs of Pressure and Air into one skin, so the best of both worlds in my opinion.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pressureskin#announcements/detail/88172296246614540

Sneak peek of Pressure²

sneakypeeky.png

Dr Dogg

I'm torn. Mad Max 2 is one of my favourite films ever but I'm struggling to see the core gameplay hook for Mad Max. Avalanche have never been masters at story, exposition or connecting them to their gameplay mechanics which usually outstay their welcome due to constant repetition. One thing I expect is that it will be a very technically proficient game.

The sequel/dlc for Lisa: The Painful RPG apparently came out last night. It apparently concludes the story and comes with 20+ new songs. I strongly encourage everyone to play vanilla. It is quite possibly one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent memory. Definitely not for the faint of heart though.

lisa-the-joyful.jpg

Force feed me Joy if late

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The sequel/dlc for Lisa: The Painful RPG apparently came out last night. It apparently concludes the story and comes with 20+ new songs. I strongly encourage everyone to play vanilla. It is quite possibly one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent memory. Definitely not for the faint of heart though.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/lisa-the-joyful.jpg[IMG]

Force feed me Joy if late[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176456790&postcount=15054[/url]

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
O_O 30 hours. Damn, that's long. I remember the first one being 3-4 hours lol. And, yeah, reviews seem good so far.

So tempted now, but still I think I'm getting Grandia II first lol

I'm also struggling with the same decision: Grandia II, Mega Man Legacy Collection, or Evoland 2?

Speaking of which: Evoland 2 and Grandia II are both open for recommendations in next month's OP. PM me if interested.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grandia II -- MB-603826EC89F3EF10 - Taken by Intel. 95 entrants total.

t1440523268z1.png

Tizoc

^Speak of the ModBot!

I'm also struggling with the same decision: Grandia II, Mega Man Legacy Collection, or Evoland 2?

Speaking of which: Evoland 2 and Grandia II are both open for recommendations in next month's OP. PM me if interested.

Did you enter my giveaway :V
I say buy them all!
BUY THEM ALL!
Grandia 2 so we can encourage Gung ho to release more games on Steam.
Megamn Legacy so Capcpom will be convinced to release more compilations like it.

Asgaro

Do some people here have a decision process to decide whether an indie game is worth their time?

I'm getting back into gaming soon, after a long hiatus (about 10 months).
I plan to start with indie games and older 3D games (eg Doom 3) I already have purchased. Mostly because I won't have my desktop available the coming months but do have a beefy laptop.

Regarding wishlisting new games: how does one decide whether to buy an indie game or not?
There is simply too much choice and I bet a ton of indie games are worth their time.
But do people categorize by Steam review score, metacritic score, Steam curators, dedicated indie gaming websites, ... ?

Well, that Grandia II modbot raffle is going to end soon, so see if you win it first.

While Mega Man on Steam would be nice, I still don't get why there are fewer games than on the Anniversary Collection which came out two generations ago. So I'm disqualifying that one.

Which leaves Evoland II...which I'll admit, the trailer was pretty exciting, but it's also the kind of game that gets discounted fast, whereas Grandia II probably won't get discounted nearly as fast.

This game is made by a GAFfer, and I've been beta testing it. It's fast-paced, it's challenging, and it's fun - and I'm not even a shoot 'em up kinda guy!

Hektor

Do some people here have a decision process to decide whether an indie game is worth their time?

I'm getting back into gaming soon, after a long hiatus (about 10 months).
I plan to start with indie games and older 3D games (eg Doom 3) I already have purchased. Mostly because I won't have my desktop available the coming months but do have a beefy laptop.

But regarding wishlisting new games: how does one decide whether to buy an indie game or not?
There is simply too much choice and I bet a ton of indie games are worth their time.
But do people categorize by Steam review rate, metacritic score, ... ?

I go with the games that interest me the most and if multiple games interest me with the same "intensity" i just go with the cheapest one.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine finished. Conflicted about some aspects. Fun but has its problems.
Gonna write a more detailed impressions post later.

Pakkidis

Pachimari

The companion app is only available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox One and will be available for download on September 1st, 2015, in time for the game’s launch.

No companion app for The Phantom Pain on PC?

:( :( :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you enter my giveaway :V
I say buy them all!
BUY THEM ALL!
Grandia 2 so we can encourage Gung ho to release more games on Steam.
Megamn Legacy so Capcpom will be convinced to release more compilations like it.

I did and I'm waiting to see how that turns out! :)

I've played Grandia 2, but only the inferior PS2 version. I remember really liking the game but it's been so long that I'm sure the experience would feel fresh again.

I really liked the first Evoland game and the second looks like a wacky sequel. One of the best parts of the original was that the genre changed up quite a bit and each subsequent hour felt fresh and original without being game breaking. The sequel looks like it's tackling a lot more genres, so I have a lot of hope for it and the reviews so far seem good.

Mega Man I'm excited for, being a huge fan of the NES series and even owning most of the original NES cartridges. I'm okay with paying the price again because of save states and the new engine, but also because the asking price is pretty low. I'm thinking I might pick this up for the PS4 although I'm slightly upset about the lack of trophy/achievement parity with the other versions.

The thought of having other Capcom "Legacy Collection" games is another driving factor. I'd kill for a Castlevania Legacy Collection.

Parsnip

New update for Pressure skin for Steam, fixes the only problems I had with the skin, which was some CPU usage problems, and the maker also announced that he's working on a new skin called Pressure², it's going to mix the designs of Pressure and Air into one skin, so the best of both worlds in my opinion.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pressureskin#announcements/detail/88172296246614540

Sneak peek of Pressure²

That actually looks neat, from what little it shows. I kind of hate the original Pressure, so hopefully this is better.

Dark Soul Progress Update :

Pinwheel - This is seriously a 'boss'? One Great Heavy Soul Arrow. Rekt.

Tomb of the Giants - Fuck this place in the ear. Killed Patches on not-so-accident. Don't push me down you clown. At least I get to see where this gif came from.

hBE2763B5

Pinwheel - This is seriously a 'boss'? One Great Heavy Soul Arrow. Rekt..

My opinion since day 1 has been that Pinwheel is supposed to be done much much earlier in the game than it's usually beaten, but the Catacombs are way too hard for a new player to do that.

Pinwheel - This is seriously a 'boss'? One Great Heavy Soul Arrow. Rekt.

Tomb of the Giants - Fuck this place in the ear. Killed Patches on not-so-accident. Don't push me down you clown. At least I get to see where this gif came from.

hBE2763B5

this is by far my favorite gif of that area

dark_souls_by_alo81-d6nrmmw.gif

Pachimari

Just saw the ending to Ground Zeroes in that MGS V trailer by Hideo Kojima lol. But I had read a description of the ending beforehand, anyway, I should complete it before September 1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

He's been taken to task for the most part, and so he should, but I see some people still think SteamVR is Valve's own proprietary API. The only reason it will not/no longer support the Oculus is that Facebook's desire for exclusive content is at complete odds with Valve's desire for a one-size-fits-all solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom