• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is by far my favorite gif of that area

dark_souls_by_alo81-d6nrmmw.gif

"An archer? This is easy."
"THIS. IS. DARK SOULS!"

Dsyndrome

I installed and never used the companion app for Black Flag because it took me out of the game more than just pausing, and looking at something on the app didn't trigger looking at it in game. I can see the same thing with Phantom Pain's app, so it doesn't bug me as much.

Jawmuncher

I installed and never used the companion app for Black Flag because it took me out of the game more than just pausing, and looking at something on the app didn't trigger looking at it in game. I can see the same thing with Phantom Pain's app, so it doesn't bug me as much.

Same thing I felt with the Smart Glass and Dead Rising 3. I just wanted to play the game not mess with my phone.The idea is cool but tom me, It doesn't work quite as nicely as a wiiiu gamepad since it's a separate object.

dex3108

They worked with Valve, Facebook bought them, they stopped working with Valve. Why same reason why they want exclusive games. Facebook told them to do that. Valve also invested millions in technology and gave that technology to others. Oculus got money from users to start whole Oculus story, collaborated with other companies and never shared anything. If they want to go in war against open platform they better be ready.

Chariot

So GMG sent me a 50% discount for Mad Max. Something must be going on there, fishy as fuck.
It's fear. The date choosen was fatal. The mad turn out to be the insane as he tried to go toe to toe with the storm of hype that formed years ago. But even he realises in the face of the unstoppable monster that he will cut to pieces by the mere debris should he face it directly. All he can do is cut himself im half to be twice the man and half the price.

was the multiplayer still alive? you should try that out. it's pretty amazing.
Tried to play it but it's not working anymore :/
Dark Soul Progress Update :

Pinwheel - This is seriously a 'boss'? One Great Heavy Soul Arrow. Rekt.

Tomb of the Giants - Fuck this place in the ear. Killed Patches on not-so-accident. Don't push me down you clown. At least I get to see where this gif came from.
You're gonna regret it like I did after killing him. If you hadn't killed him, he'd become a merchant at Firelink Shrine with unique items :/
this is by far my favorite gif of that area

dark_souls_by_alo81-d6nrmmw.gif
I saw that gif before playing that region and totally avoided getting kicked off the ledge just because of it lol

It's fear. The date choosen was fatal. The mad turn out to be the insane as he tried to go toe to toe with the storm of hype that formed years ago. But even he realises in the face of the unstoppable monster that he will cut to pieces by the mere debris should he face it directly. All he can do is cut himself im half to be twice the man and half the price.

the funny thing is that Kojima adores George Miller and his Mad Max movies. the guy went to see Fury Road at least half a dozen times in the theaters and even met GM after Fury Road came out.

So now he's going to absolutely decimate Mad Max in the videogame realm because he shows absolutely no mercy regardless of who gets in his way hah

07n5FWy.png

Fuck Capcom. I'll never have any of their games (other than RE5 which I got for free with a GFWL key) unless there's a humble capcom bundle.

Your loss.

I paid $30 for MGSV.
I would not buy MadMax for $15.
So half the price doesn't really work for me.
3 minutes into that stream, all I could think was "this looks boring." I laughed at the idiots in chat claiming it's the x1 version and asking about multiplayer, then promptly closed the tab. Probably related to the fact that I have no interest in the Mad Max series at all outside of occasionally yelling "Thuuuuunderdooooome!". :lol

Strange decision, the release timing of the game... whatever hype was generated by the movie is kinda gone and forgotten by the general public. The fickle "average" gamer is moving on to things like MGSV:TPP, Gears of War Ultimate, Halo 5, BLOPS3, AC:Syndicate, etc. So now it's just "remember that movie you saw back in May? THERE'S A GAME FOR IT NOW!!!" and Joe Gamer just replies "meh."

Don't, just don't. Even the mention of Mordor makes me very *yaaawwwn* sleepy.

Seems like you could substitute some Mad Max for your nightly Advil/Tylenol PM.

Maniac

Banned
They worked with Valve, Facebook bought them, they stopped working with Valve. Why same reason why they want exclusive games. Facebook told them to do that. Valve also invested millions in technology and gave that technology to others. Oculus got money from users to start whole Oculus story, collaborated with other companies and never shared anything. If they want to go in war against open platform they better be ready.
Yup. Worst is that Valve solved some of Oculus' biggest issues for them, and gave them the tech and the solutions free of charge, after which Oculus was bought out and turned their backs on openness of VR entirely. I've said it before and I'll say it again; Palmer has become little more than an apologist doing his very best to defend the awful decisions Oculus has made of late.
He makes a good point yet. In other news, water is wet.

Except he's lying through his fucking teeth, as he has since the buyout. The ones who invested millions in VR were the consumers, the fans who crwodfunded him. The ones his entire company more or less turned their backs on when they went in a really anti-consumer direction with the entirety of their platform.

Knurek

Trine devs in financial trouble, Trine 3 sales (probably) not enough to offset very high development costs.

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power has ended up costing nearly triple that of Trine 2 – over 5.4 million USD. We have squeezed everything we could into the game, there's nothing left on the table. We initially had a much longer story written and more levels planned, but to create what we envisioned, it would have taken at least triple the money, probably up to 15 million USD, which we didn’t realize until too late, and which we didn’t have.

He can get fucked, don't shove me into the abyss.

Haha.

He does sell some unique stuff though and has a gesture to teach (can't remember if you have to wait til he gets to firelink to learn it though); either way, you probably killed him before you had the chance, I'm guessing.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/patches

The true way to deal with him is to wait for him to get to firelink, buy his unique items, then murder him in cold blood. I generally did this regardless of revenge motivations as I did with 99% of all NPCs before cycling to NG+.

Maniac

Banned
If Mad Max was releasing like, 3-4 months later than it is, I'd be all fucking over it. But I've played over 130 hours of TW3, and I'm not done with it yet, and TPP is coming out in a week... So I've got more than enough openworld to fill my gaming-life for a good while. It's a damn shame, but I'll definitely pick it up at 50% off or something.

Except he's lying through his fucking teeth, as he has since the buyout. The ones who invested millions in VR were the consumers, the fans who crwodfunded him. The ones his entire company more or less turned their backs on when they went in a really anti-consumer direction with the entirety of their platform.

Considering neither platform exists yet for the average customer, that last sentence isn't fact. Atleast not yet.

Caerith

Apologies if old, but +1 hunters might be interested to know that some DLC is being removed from the store (probably) tomorrow for Brawlhalla:
The Founders Pack and Founders and Friends Pack will no longer be available after this update.
A new Ready to Brawl Pack will be introduced that contains 400 Mammoth Coins, the Founders Nameplate, and the Cogsworth Sidekick.
For those who don't care about +1, Brawlhalla's pretty fun.

I was laughing until he posted a pic of a toliet and I was thinking 'that is way too much water in the bowl there'. Dude's probably threw a bucket of water in there to back up his narrative that our transatlantic cousin's are under endowed because I don't remember it being like that last time I was in the US.
USA is weird. Maybe that's their way of "bidet". Dunk your junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom