• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there'll be a Chinese knock-off up on Deal Extreme by year's end.

I guess it will be even faster.

On another note:
Today I wondered why, at least on GAF, when there is a japanese or american knockoff of some Game on iOS, people think its okay. When its a chinese one though, people shout copycats.
I am sure if some chinese company would produce their own Megaman knockoff, it would be "shameless".

Chariot

The last Piggyback i bought was the one for FFXII. Good ol' times.
I never ever bought a guide, only artbooks (althought that's partly due the fact that you can look up everything on the internet in recent times). But with MGS I am confident that I find a use both for the background info and help when in dire need. I am confident that I want to know about all the secrets in the end and I am not smart enough to figure out hidden things.

I never win anything.

Besides Tales of and Brofoce on the same day.
You're just asking to be beaten up >:I

Ozium

Do you ever post in a thread and then see that there are other people from this Steam thread here and wonder to yourself if they know who you are and vice versa?

for instance I see Atraveller or mmbostones or DrDogg or JaseC in a thread I posted with and I wonder if they know it is me.

does this make sense?

im kind of high

Making Trine 3 in full 3D was a huge mistake. They should have continued with 2D platforming game.

Another big problem seems to be that you are looking for 3 or 4 artifacts,
but the game just ends after you got the first one.

People think they are paying for an incomplete game.

dex3108

I must say Treyarch is really good when communication with PC community is in question. They are open and they are listening feedback.

Do you ever post in a thread and then see that there are other people from this Steam thread here and wonder to yourself if they know who you are and vice versa?

for instance I see Atraveller or mmbostones or DrDogg or JaseC in a thread I posted with and I wonder if they know it is me.

does this make sense?

im kind of high

I do notice them, I always do.
But I don't expect they noticed me as I change my avatar often, and I don't really active here.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

---

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (BETA) #2 -- MB-94771CDFC6A11762 - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (BETA) -- MB-36613D3128BD65A9 - Taken by Bigby. 1 entrants total.

t1440578954z1.png

Arthea

I'll wait for 75% off.

I'll wait for $1 tier bundle

edited:
this month was a disaster, I've already spent more than during summer sale, I think
hopefully my wallet can rest in September, because I can't keep up with such a release pace

edit2:
guys, whatever substance you are using, you should stop, that can't be good for your health

Milamber

does this make sense?

im kind of high

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

I haven't even read this article up to now, only looked at the headline, but basically two councillors wrote letters how they want Win back and the author titles it the whole city wants to go back lol

Only dug this up because saw this article linked elsewhere: No, Munich is not considering ditching Linux and going back to Windows Which includes a video from the very recent DebConf talking about how it's still growing in Munich.

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as I'm at home this morning, it's going to take me 17 hours to download the BLOPs III beta, I decided to fire up Shovel Knight as the Plague Knight DLC can't be far off and I need to sharpen up. Still an absolute cracker. I want to change my SteamGOTY vote as this was clearly my favourite game from last year.

I'll wait for 75% off.

Did you ever find out of hardware purchases are +1's? If so you have my commiserations in advance.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Redout Announcement Trailer

Redout is a tribute to the old racing monsters such as F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD. No bollocks: get in the ship and slam that throttle. You’re in for an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre.

Think you know the meaning of fast? We challenge you. From the first moment, you will feel the enormous amount of power coming from your engine. Hovering a few meters above the ground going over 800 km/h is no piece of cake. There’s no racing on rails here: each input will apply a physical force to your ship. This means you will feel every turn and every twist in the track.

A sharp low-poly style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognisable aesthetics. From dirty suburban environments, to eerie frozen landscapes, to vast desert plains, get ready for some seriously fast action in some seriously beautiful environments.

Key Features
  • Career mode. Race against the AI, climb the ranks and upgrade your hovership.
  • 5 racing teams, each featuring a hovership with unique driving traits.
  • 25 racetracks distributed between 5 environments.
  • 7 event types: Time Attack, Speed, Survival, Race, Last Man Standing, Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance.
  • Powerup system: install and upgrade an EPP (Extra Power Pool), EPSS (Enhanced Protection Shield System), FRD (Faster Respawn Device), and more, to gain a tactical advantage and better support your racing style.
  • AI and local multiplayer up to 4 players.

Redout will be out soon on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.

Want to know more? visit http://34bigthings.com for the development blog!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

does this make sense?

im kind of high

how could we forget?

Nzyme32

We'll all be using the Steam controller by November right folks? Well adjusting I think might be the right word.

I intend to since the controller should be the solution to so many issues I have and have a whole lot of flexibility. If it proves to be a struggle for me by November since I get it in October and I assume I've spent plenty of time with it, chances are it will gather dust or make a trip to ebay. It will be a fun month of experimenting regardless

derExperte

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZB7W4QU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$25?

bwahah

guess im stickin with the 360 pad longer than I thought

About what I expected as the official price and it's a long-term investment, well worth it if it doesn't break so easily like the last one. And they most certainly will offer a bundle with a controller which will fall in price, see X1 Elite pad. It's really time to move on, the 360 pad was most excellent in it's day but I can't say I've missed it for one second.

Maniac

Banned
WOOOOW MGS5 tho. what a twist, hard to believe that Kojima did it once again. Whole game is a simulator which is revealed at the end, person within the simulator turns out to be chico.

who has changed his sex back to being a man after becoming a woman after the events of ground zeroes.

you will regret your words.

V has come.

i fooled soma and veggie with this nonsense, it was a good laugh.
Me and my mate did some theory-crafting on MGSV. It goes like this:

07:25 PM - Phantomrave: the ending will be kojima just saying
07:25 PM - Phantomrave: "do you rike it?"
07:25 PM - Phantomrave: then taking off his face to reveal he was actually big boss
07:25 PM - Phantomrave: and you played as a stray testicle all along
07:25 PM - Maniac: Then taking that off to reveal he was skullface
07:26 PM - Maniac: TAKING THAT OFF TO REVEAL HE IS IN FACT QUIET, AFTER WHICH HE TAKES OFF THAT FACE TO REVEAL HE IS IN FACT DIAMOND DOG, DUN DUN DUUUNNNN!

I'm pretty sure I'm right, mind you.

Mind = Blown rite guiss

does this make sense?

im kind of high
I give nods of acknowledgement from afar at my monitor.
When I'm around other people I'll act like I don't know any of you. Please understand.

No I don't understand.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

does this make sense?

im kind of high
That spoiler was unnecessary.

dex3108

I wonder which game will be No1. on September 8th. If Mad Max ends up on the first place and MGS V on second it will be interesting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom