• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Played a couple rounds of the new Killing Floor 2 patch/content. Really can't emphasize enough how much new content there is. Almost double there was, in perks and maps! Tons of new weaponry as well.

But boy did it feel like the difficulty got ramped too! Tough as nail I tell ya.

It feels like they nerfed Hans though, which was kinda due. His SMGs could rip you up from across the room.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Royal Defense -- MB-4D1E0009A8931373 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Battlepillars -- MB-48CAAA9320E645F2 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Hypt -- MB-59A720960BABCF8B - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-9F8A06EF5C45B94A - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Fort Defense -- MB-A647FBA06A67F8E9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Mighty Dungeons -- MB-C5C75C9C735C661D - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Portal of Evil -- MB-85DF376533BDFC16 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.

t1440558014z1.png

derExperte

I like the sound of that there second option of yours!

Which doesn't work. Only this one:

What happens if I enter for a raffle and discover I don't want it BEFORE the raffle is drawn for? How do I disqualify myself?

Again, I really must suggest that you take a few seconds to consider if you really want something before entering the raffle. But now that you've done it, you can disqualify yourself by sending a PM to ModBot with the subject line disqualify me and any body text. This will disqualify you from ALL outstanding raffles you have entered, and you will not be able to re-enter those raffles later.

Dark Souls done. Gwyn was....a whole lot easier than I thought. Granted, Solaire tanked like crazy and I just throw Crystal Spears at him, but meh. Order is restored.

I've always felt the game is God Tier, but could never push past Anor Londo. Glad I stuck with it and finally beat it.

Gonna do a replay of Dragon Age: Origins, any recommended mods/origin? My last playthrough was the Human Noble, and I've already played the Dwarven Noble too (not completed it wiht it though).

LTTP, but Skip the Fade is a must for mods.

Tecl0n

Dark Souls done. Gwyn was....a whole lot easier than I thought. Granted, Solaire tanked like crazy and I just throw Crystal Spears at him, but meh. Order is restored.

I've always felt the game is God Tier, but could never push past Anor Londo. Glad I stuck with it and finally beat it.

Nice. Final boss is quite easy, even alone.

WOOOOW MGS5 tho. what a twist, hard to believe that Kojima did it once again. Whole game is a simulator which is revealed at the end, person within the simulator turns out to be chico.

who has changed his sex back to being a man after becoming a woman after the events of ground zeroes.

you will regret your words.

V has come.

i fooled soma and veggie with this nonsense, it was a good laugh.

Strazyplus

WOOOOW MGS5 tho. what a twist, hard to believe that Kojima did it once again. Whole game is a simulator which is revealed at the end, person within the simulator turns out to be chico.

who has changed his sex back to being a man after becoming a woman after the events of ground zeroes.

you will regret your words.

V has come.

i fooled soma and veggie with this nonsense, it was a good laugh.
!

Black Ops III would be a game 16 year old me would have loved. It's a good beta, Treyarch are the best dev for the series I think and it seems like a well made PC version but I just have zero interest in playing multiplayer Call of Duty anymore. Played 2 matches and just felt nothing. I'll give it another shot tomorrow but I don't think I'll be playing this one.

Weird how much my tastes have changed over the last 4-5 years in terms of what I want out of a multiplayer game.

Just tried some KF2.

Zweihander is legit awesome, the range is surprisingly short for my liking though, rather the weapons reach at hitting crawlers.

Firebug is smoking hot! Microwave gun is so fun especially popping scrakes and fleshpounds.

Knurek

I hope more games will follow DA Origins' tactics (or FFXII's gambit) system in rtwp.
Micromanagement is neat but it'll be more fun if we can just set the tactics to certain situations for each party members.

Patch 2.0 for Pillars of Eternity adds just that. :)

Knurek

Wow, for real? It's working without the White March DLC right?
I'll definitely try it later next month, I guess.

Seems so:
Companion AI - You may now set your companions to use AI. For those of you that do not want to micromanage your party, you may now choose to have the AI perform basic commands for you. You can activate and deactivate the AI control at any time, so you can still have ultimate party control when you need it. Each class has specialized AI packages and we will be adding more in the future.

Fee

I have 100$ of steam credit thats burning a hole in my pocket, would anyone care to sell me on a overlooked recent game? Any genre is fine really with 2 qualifications non-AAA (I tend to play those on consoles) and preferably single player. I'm gonna grab the Pillars of Eternity expansion and after that im lost.

Corpekata

Banned
Pillars added a variety of quality of life improvements to the base game for the expansions launch. The mentioned Party AI, and another big one was a stealth overhaul. Stealth is now an individual basis, so your rogue's stealth won't be broken just because a goblin saw your big dumb tank. Which means playing a rogue is a lot more fun.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have 100$ of steam credit thats burning a hole in my pocket, would anyone care to sell me on a overlooked recent game? Any genre is fine really with 2 qualifications non-AAA (I tend to play those on consoles) and preferably single player. I'm gonna grab the Pillars of Eternity expansion and after that im lost.

Energy Hook. It's the swinging of Spider-Man 2 movie game, without anything to distract you from that like combat or a bad story or lost balloons.

Volume , a stealth title about sneaking past in the best time you can manage.

Guild of Dungeoneering , a dungeon maker where you create the dungeon around the dungeon crawler. Dungeon. Has some randomness in terms of what you get to build with, but plenty to play around with and figure out how to make work best.

ExoSoul

Banned
I am weak, about to give in.
Nothing makes one shop on impulse like unexpected amounts of money...

The code, still hurts T^T

Deitus

Man, I was doing the daily challenge in Crypt of the Necrodancer, and I made it to the last floor before the final boss (
well the first of two bosses anyway
). I had tons of health, an obsidian longsword, and a decent set of equipment, so I was pretty set to beat the game. And then I accidentally bumped the R1 button, which for some reason was bound to quick restart (not sure if I did that or if it was default).

Well shit. I understand it would defeat the point of a quick restart, but I would have killed to have an "Are you sure?" prompt just then. Needless to say, I immediately rebound the key, and closed the program.

At least I manage to beat the daily challenge yesterday.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition -- MB-B03AFEDA6217405D - Taken by texhnolyze
Strata -- MB-A17950A4AFED1001 - Taken by nightstorm

Ludens

Banned
Since my 360 pad is basically dead (yesterday I tried it with Megaman and it was impossible to play because the character keeps walking by itself), I asked my friend to lend me one of his two PS4 controllers, and I installed DS4Windows. This works pretty well for the game, so I'm figuring if DS4Windows is compatible with ALL PC games that oficially support a 360 pad. Because if this is the case, I would buy this pad back from my friend (since he doesn't need two controllers for his PS4, they came from the player edition but he only really use one of them, except when we play some coop games). But I need to be sure I can use it everywhere like I did with the 360 pad.

Also did someone give a try to The White March? Is it good?

Fee

Energy Hook. It's the swinging of Spider-Man 2 movie game, without anything to distract you from that like combat or a bad story or lost balloons.

Volume , a stealth title about sneaking past in the best time you can manage.

Guild of Dungeoneering , a dungeon maker where you create the dungeon around the dungeon crawler. Dungeon. Has some randomness in terms of what you get to build with, but plenty to play around with and figure out how to make work best.
Thank you.

dex3108

I tried to buy Mad Max on GMG with PayPal (i have more than enough on my PayPal balance) but transaction failed. I guess i can't use my PP balance only my card money.

Chariot

Piggyback is mean. I ordered the MGSV guide, but the estimated delivery is on the 8th of september. One would think they would deliver it on the day of release.

fertygo

I tried to buy Mad Max on GMG with PayPal (i have more than enough on my PayPal balance) but transaction failed. I guess i can't use my PP balance only my card money.

Really? fuck me if they change it, I use the site often.. which coupon that you use? might I try it for you?

dex3108

Really? fuck me if they change it, I use the site often.. which coupon that you use? might I try it for you?

MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX It still works for Mad Max.

It tries to get money from my card and because there is not enough money on the card it just declines transaction. Maybe something is different for my region but one way or another it just doesn't want to take my PayPal balance only my card money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom