• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
Whenever. MS has been vague as fuck about their port release dates.

I wouldn't be surprised if they launch a few close together to sell the Windows 10 gaming thing. Plop out Killer Instinct Season 3, Fable Legends, Gears of War all together along with some mid tier indie games and whatnot. Right now if they released a game it'd be sitting next to a bunch of mobile ports and whatnot. They probably want to rebrand it a bit more toward core gamers and then we'll see releases.

iosefe

I don't think I can ever love that series.

... My introduction to it was with the... Third... Game...

Which never existed if anyone asks.

Gods what a shitfest.

I like the sound of that there second option of yours!
Disqualify me

^ in title

I wouldn't be surprised if they launch a few close together to sell the Windows 10 gaming thing. Plop out Killer Instinct Season 3, Fable Legends, Gears of War all together along with some mid tier indie games and whatnot. Right now if they released a game it'd be sitting next to a bunch of mobile ports and whatnot. They probably want to rebrand it a bit more toward core gamers and then we'll see releases.
Don't forget about Final Fantasy Agito

Nzyme32

I'm actually disappointed about the PC version of MGSV not having a companion app now that I have read about it. It sounds like it would be really handy to dig through the myriad of tapes while away from the game itself. What a shame.

Vamphuntr

Disappointed GMG can't sell MGSV before launch. Price control is back :/

I don't want to pay 75$ CDN for it. What's the cheapest place to get it?

Grief.exe

So when is Gears of War: Ultimate Edition coming out on PC?

Dunno, that's why I bought it on Xbox one. Hopefully when it does come out it has cross play.

I was under the impression it was December. Cross-buy wasn't announced like it was with Killer Instinct, so I'm assuming it doesn't exist for this title.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yay! Only 30 bucks for a single game... Only 30 bucks...

But bills and contact lenses.

;_;

Also, Japan:
ji8DSgB.jpg

Sch1sm

Got sent a reminder from Humble that my 75% Borderlands: The Pre Sequel code is expiring end of the month.

Anyone want the game? Code's tied to my account, so you'd have to PayPal the $15USD, but I'm not going to use it.

played some of the Black Ops III Beta...had to set the textures down to High and not Extra High or I'd get a lot of stuttering and drops...AA not maxed or anything either

I've somehow gotten even worse than I already was at these types of games. I was just a sitting duck most of the time.

chixdiggit

Do you want turn based with lots of options for fights, or Real Time with Pause like Baldur's Gate?

Oh wow I thought they were both like Baldur's to be honest. Now I want both.

If you want to play one now, I would go with Pillars, as Divinity is going to have a free Enhanced Edition patch come out later this year, so I would wait until then to play that.
I think this is the route I am going thanks for the heads up.

Depends on what your play style is. I'm not that into Pillar's play style. Feels too micro manage-y to me, but it has an awesome story.

I do think I will like Divinity more in the end as it is more my thing.

Sajjaja

Why don't you look at the gmg page for Fallout 4 and BLOPS3 and find out?
Too much work for the great Sajjaja?
I checked BLOPS3 pages but it just said Other DRM.

F4 is SteamWorks though, but I didn't look because I was hurrying to buy it before it was all fixed.

I had already bought them by the time I asked that anyways lol

Thanks for calling me great, man. I think you're great too.

Depends on what your play style is. I'm not that into Pillar's play style. Feels too micro manage-y to me, but it has an awesome story.

I hope more games will follow DA Origins' tactics (or FFXII's gambit) system in rtwp.
Micromanagement is neat but it'll be more fun if we can just set the tactics to certain situations for each party members.

Just wait. If they release the Amnesia fandisc/sequel, reviews are going to be bonkers.

Half of one character's storyline (as I've mentioned previously) is him locking the protagonist in a cage and treating her like a dog. In the fandisc, she gets so turned on by this that she tries to get him to bed her (for the first time, apparently), but he's so chickenshit that he initially goes all white-knight. They finally consummate their love and start fucking constantly in the dog cage, and then at the end, he asks her father for her hand in marriage.

I don't think I'm being facetious when I say this will be one of the most batshit insane games I play. Memories is just the warm-up course.

KarmaCow

What's with the dark KF2 maps? First the manor now catacombs. The other new one is excellent though.

They're trying to make flashlights and night vision have some purpose as well push people around if the room's lights gets wrecked. There's also a bit of risk/reward when using explosives because they can also take out light sources.

Played a couple rounds of the new Killing Floor 2 patch/content. Really can't emphasize enough how much new content there is. Almost double there was, in perks and maps! Tons of new weaponry as well.

But boy did it feel like the difficulty got ramped too! Tough as nail I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom